RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a gross injustice. Ever since 2 riddell players jumped the fence mid match to get involved in a fight and then allowed to play in gf the next week i assumed you would have to kill someone to get rubbed out for a gf.

That was a pretty unique situation, and one im sure we'll hopefully never see again. One of the players dad was involved. And im sure anyone being put in that situation would do exactly the same thing! As for the dawson case, it was a silly split second decision, (which he has a habit of doing), but if you do the crime, you pay the time. Hopefully by missing a grand final (as harsh as it is) he will make better decisions in the future, as he could be a superstar in the rdfl. (or a higher league also)

Didn't Dawson get booked in a final at Macedon a couple of years back?? I don't know the lad and only have a passing interest in Romsey as I played in a team with Yak years ago but he has to learn one day surely

That was a pretty unique situation, and one im sure we'll hopefully never see again. One of the players dad was involved. And im sure anyone being put in that situation would do exactly the same thing! As for the dawson case, it was a silly split second decision, (which he has a habit of doing), but if you do the crime, you pay the time. Hopefully by missing a grand final (as harsh as it is) he will make better decisions in the future, as he could be a superstar in the rdfl. (or a higher league also)

Very sensible post , lets hope he learns this time as im sure that everyone would agree there wouldnt be anything worse than missing a grand final , i hope that mr finlay can work his magic once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Cazaly
better suited to our league but suprised he won it.
much better players going around and his a dirty little bastard.
romsey seem to have rdfl bluffed. club of year and 7 players in team of year your joking.

I had the great pleasure of heading down to the track last night to see the Romsey lads hold their final run before the big one and the atmosphere was unbelievable.. there was something spectacular about it.. a great community and family atmosphere.. great people behind the club and great people on the field.. this argument of whether they deserved the club of the year or not shouldn't be an argument.. there are plenty of clubs who deserved the award and Romsey was one of them, hence they got it.. as for 7 players in the team of the year.. a team drops just one game all year and perform at a high level against the best teams.. again, I fail to see an argument.. there are others that could've made it in.. but the talent in our competition could fill two quality team of the year sides in 2011.. those 7 deserved their spot :) Riddell could've had 7 in.. Sunbury could've had 7 in too..
Greeny winning the Bowen.. for a 34 year old to do what he does every week is outstanding.. he's often the player that hands the ball to the umpire on the back of a ball up.. he's lifted the team when they've been behind the eight ball in a game.. a fitting winner this year..
A Pro-Romsey response.. I could say similar things about the other 11 clubs.. the advantage of being on the radio team is that we've seen every club, met every coach, captain and president and enjoyed the culture of what that club brings to the competition.. forget the AFL (other than the mighty Bombers).. this is my league of choice.. the Riddell District Football League! :thumbsu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Cazaly
better suited to our league but suprised he won it.
much better players going around and his a dirty little bastard.
romsey seem to have rdfl bluffed. club of year and 7 players in team of year your joking.

I had the great pleasure of heading down to the track last night to see the Romsey lads hold their final run before the big one and the atmosphere was unbelievable.. there was something spectacular about it.. a great community and family atmosphere.. great people behind the club and great people on the field.. this argument of whether they deserved the club of the year or not shouldn't be an argument.. there are plenty of clubs who deserved the award and Romsey was one of them, hence they got it.. as for 7 players in the team of the year.. a team drops just one game all year and perform at a high level against the best teams.. again, I fail to see an argument.. there are others that could've made it in.. but the talent in our competition could fill two quality team of the year sides in 2011.. those 7 deserved their spot :) Riddell could've had 7 in.. Sunbury could've had 7 in too..
Greeny winning the Bowen.. for a 34 year old to do what he does every week is outstanding.. he's often the player that hands the ball to the umpire on the back of a ball up.. he's lifted the team when they've been behind the eight ball in a game.. a fitting winner this year..
A Pro-Romsey response.. I could say similar things about the other 11 clubs.. the advantage of being on the radio team is that we've seen every club, met every coach, captain and president and enjoyed the culture of what that club brings to the competition.. forget the AFL (other than the mighty Bombers).. this is my league of choice.. the Riddell District Football League! :thumbsu:
well said buddy:thumbsu::thumbsu:hope you enjoyed last night;)ccccccoooooonnnnnaaalllliiinnnnccckkkkcccooo you beauty>>>>>

Anyone got team selections/ match ups to watch out for etc where will romsey win/where will kangsroos win it .....good luck to both sides

Before you go and put your foot in your mouth, how about you find out how much the Kangas or even Riddell spend per year, or at the other end of the scale look at the clubs, like LFC who did'nt put their hand in their pockets and paid the price and lost all their good players.Time's are a changin, keep up sunshine.

Who cares who spends what, thats for each club exec to decide. Comapred to neighbouring leagues the RDFL spends f**k all. On another topic, if Sundays game finishes like the one I just got from did, then all us neutral RDFL followers will be very lucky :D

anyone no how cam went last night?

Unfortunately the RFNC was unsuccessful in having Cameron's suspension over ruled. While acknowledging that the appeal submission prepared and presented by the RFNC was one of the best they had seen, and raised a number of interesting points about the initial hearing, the wording of the appeal criteria made it impossible for them to rule in Cam's favour. If the wording had been slightly different, Cam would have been lining up in tomorrow's GF. The appeal guidelines/criteria is taken verbatim from the AFL and seeing as though there has been only a couple of successful appeals over the last 4-5 years, you can see how difficult they are to win.

The appeal board was extremely professional in the way they conducted the hearing and were totally independent of the RDFL.

Unfortunately the RFNC was unsuccessful in having Cameron's suspension over ruled. While acknowledging that the appeal submission prepared and presented by the RFNC was one of the best they had seen, and raised a number of interesting points about the initial hearing, the wording of the appeal criteria made it impossible for them to rule in Cam's favour. If the wording had been slightly different, Cam would have been lining up in tomorrow's GF. The appeal guidelines/criteria is taken verbatim from the AFL and seeing as though there has been only a couple of successful appeals over the last 4-5 years, you can see how difficult they are to win.

The appeal board was extremely professional in the way they conducted the hearing and were totally independent of the RDFL.

So who comes in , young Jake Bray and Pendlebury??? For me last week in the early stages I was thinking perhaps Jake's legspeed mighta been beneficial, but in the end the silk of Romsey got going anyway. Either bloke would be 100% deserved of a spot in tomorrow's team :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sun is shining, here's hoping the wind stays down and it's a great day for all. Best of luck to all guys and girls involved in grand finals today . . . . . . so jealous :thumbsu:

Sun is shining, here's hoping the wind stays down and it's a great day for all. Best of luck to all guys and girls involved in grand finals today . . . . . . so jealous :thumbsu:

Black Cavier has got up. Go Redbacks. Well done Pedo and the whole Romsey football/netball club on 2 flags

Congratulations to all sides that made today the showcase of the RDFL season. Commiseration's to the Kangas who gave everything and to the Redbacks boys, congrats on a fantastic season. What a fantastic game today was and a credit to both sides!!!

Some may say it was a very bad and sad day for the kangaroos, to have 5 sides in the grand finals and have 5 losses. I would say it is a proud day for the kangas. to have 5 sides compete on the biggest stage is a massive acheivement. Sometimes experience counts for alot. and unfortunately they couldnt get the chocolates on what was a fantasitic day of Football and Netball. Well done to Lancefield on hosting the day, the ground was in great nick and everything else was done perfectly as per usual. 1 exception closing the bar right at the end of the game left a few people thirsty, especially the players that put on the show.
Congratulations must go to Woodend, Macedon and Romsey in the football and Centrals and Macedon in the netball, all deserved the wins.
It was a great game and example of RDFL football with the main match decided by only 2 points.

I'm sure Sunbury will only learn and get stronger from the experience

Congrats to 2 Past Sunbury blokes Leigh Mcinerney and Gav Sporle on the win

RDFNL grand final mega-post - match reports/goalkickers/bests from all grades - picture galleries will be up at some stage on monday daytime

link:

http://ow.ly/6Eceb

One of Romsey’s greatest sporting days has capped arugably the town’s greatest sporting season after victory in the Riddell District Football League and netball league grand finals on Sunday.

Romsey held its nerve in the desperate final stages of the Riddell District Football League grand final to prevail by two points against Sunbury Kangaroos on Sunday.

Sunday will live long in the memories for the players and fans of the Sunbury Kangaroos for all the wrong reasons after the club suffered five defeats from five grand finals.

Mark Pederson will now enjoy the brief elation that comes with winning a flag before the natural instinct of coaching kicks in, and the focus inevitably turns to preparing for a new season.

Macedon’s strength in depth was on show for the second year running as the Cats powered past Sunbury Kangaroos by 50 points and went back-to-back in RDFL reserves.

Woodend Hesket’s backline locked down to keep Sunbury Kangaroos goalless in the opening term and set the Hawks on course for a 20-point victory in the RDFL under-18 grand final.

Romsey’s netballers pushed their ‘‘never say die’’ mantra to the absolute limit as it captured a thrilling five-goal extra-time win against Macedon in the Riddell District Netball League A-grade grand final.

Macedon made a big first-half lead count as it held off Sunbury Kangaroos by four goals to claim the Riddell District Netball League B-grade premiership.

Melton Central overturned a three-goal deficit at the start of the final quarter to elude Sunbury Kangaroos and bring home the Riddell District Netball League C-grade premiership.

RDFNL grand final mega-post - match reports/goalkickers/bests from all grades - picture galleries will be up at some stage on monday daytime

link:

http://ow.ly/6Eceb
to Sunbury well done today and for the effort you blokes and girls put in all year to Deano & Alan bad luck keep working one big one is not far away boys you blokes deserve one:thumbsu: after all the hard work your club has done, be so proud of every person envolved:thumbsu:to our boys and girls at the BEST club in the RDFL and every person that did a little part to a big part:D you f...ing little beauty party at romsey for 2 weeks:DTO PEDO I CHASED YOU IN OCT LAST YEAR FOR ONE REASON TO GIVE THIS CLUB A BIG CHANCE ON THE BIGGEST DAY OF THEM ALL AND YOU DELIVERED MY SON:footy: WE WILL FOREVER BE GREATFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE......:thumbsu:CCCCCCCCOOOOOOONNNNNNNNAAAAALLLLIIIINNNNKKKKOOOOO YOU F...ING BEAUTY.....................TO MARYANNE BLAIR AND THE NETBALLERS AND OUR OTHER NETBALL COACHES YOU LADIES JUST AMAZE EVERYONE..........FREAKS.........LEMONS I LOVE YOU;) NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE BEATS BLACK CAVIER AND ITS GREAT JOCKEY;);););) I AM PISSED PARTY HARD CONALINCKOOOOOOOO OUT:p:p:p:p SEE YA GUYS.........................

307410_10150317435314550_724389549_8127318_1463535806_n.jpg

The Big BC enjoying Mad Monday festivities!!!

Great effort from Romsey and well done to Dean and Sunbury on a very good year.

Would like to hear from Grub about his thoughts on winning a premiership against some of his best mates and brother. Is it a little bitter sweet or all good?

Great effort from Romsey and well done to Dean and Sunbury on a very good year.

Would like to hear from Grub about his thoughts on winning a premiership against some of his best mates and brother. Is it a little bitter sweet or all good?

Gotta say, in a Grand Final where the final margin was just 2 points in favour of Romsey it begs the question - Was Grubs defection to the Redbacks mid-season the difference between the two sides in the end ??? ..... & had Grub infact stayed & played with the Kangas, would they now be celebrating a first senior Premiership victory ???
Very interesting. :rolleyes:
To my eye, he never turned over the pill once on the day or wasted a single possession.
Surely that'd be worth 3 points at least ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back