RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Doona..
Grrrz.. I feel bad.. I'm making this an issue when its just a radio show at the footy.. the tower is positioned on Mt Macedon and there is a black hole so to say that shadows the Romsey area.. it cuts between ABC and 100.7FM.. we've got a small transmitter at the ground for all finals where 88.1FM is plugged into our direct feed so that you can tune in at the ground with no delay.. which club are you with mate? I should be up the latest on your great self.. how has the club been travelling on and off the field..? :)
I had to change from Voda Fone, no coverage in Romsey!

My Tip for the Bowen is Matt Robertson from Wallan.
Ticks most of the boxes. Proven vote getter, the Umpires just cant help voting for him & no one is gunna steel votes off him at Wallan........ even if he does butcher the ball abundantly ! :eek:
& it would give Pickles an everlasting gob stopper if he won the thing !

No questioning that :thumbsu:

What happened to jonholmes did he pull his posts??? Thought he was gunna provide us with some entertainment whilst the Redbacks and Riddell lie low, and in the absence of Mongrel's men who must have a big footy ban in place :D

On another topic I did get a text yesty saying Jayco won Kilmore's B&F. Anyone else held theirs yet? Broadford's this weekend, two horse race Id suggest between 3-time winnder Grant Wearne and the skipper Matty Coomans.

Wallan have done upto round 13. Current leaderboard:

1st: J. Colliss
2nd: S.Galea
3rd: D.Cornish
4th: L.Irons
5th M. Robertson

Will be a very close finish with anyone of these 5 winning it. My tip is, Colliss will just hold on, with Robbo coming 2nd and Galea 3rd.

While I can see why Matt Davidson may take home the medal, my tip is that his team mate Shannon Green will win it. Was potted on here at the start of the year but has been brilliant working through the middle. Fittest he's been in a long time and been great in teaching the young guys as well. Stuck around when Gary left because he loves it out at the Redbacks. Comments??

While I can see why Matt Davidson may take home the medal, my tip is that his team mate Shannon Green will win it. Was potted on here at the start of the year but has been brilliant working through the middle. Fittest he's been in a long time and been great in teaching the young guys as well. Stuck around when Gary left because he loves it out at the Redbacks. Comments??

I will go with Greeny Grant, his season has been fantastic. He hasnt missed a game. I cant think of a home and away game this season when he hasnt been in the votes. The way he has played this year you would have to think he would be a chance to play on.

:D

On another topic I did get a text yesty saying Jayco won Kilmore's B&F. Anyone else held theirs yet? Broadford's this weekend, two horse race Id suggest between 3-time winnder Grant Wearne and the skipper Matty Coomans.

Craig Marshall
Diggers Rest B & F

That frequency works a treat Chris, how far will it reach ?

Can vouch that when trying to tune in to the coverage in Romsey all you get is ABC. But is also available to stream live off the Highlands FM website. Was at work in town on Sunday and listened to the whole broadcast.

Craig Marshall
Diggers Rest B & F

Well done to Craig. Tried to get him to Broadford with a mate of his (Dipper Wilson) in 2007, and watched him a bit when he played up at Euroa :thumbsu:

Any chance him heading back to Memorial Oval now that it appears Dave Gleeson is back at the helm???

Surely Fitzy wont be lost to football, any early whispers who he will coach in 2012?

Well done to Craig. Tried to get him to Broadford with a mate of his (Dipper Wilson) in 2007, and watched him a bit when he played up at Euroa :thumbsu:

Any chance him heading back to Memorial Oval now that it appears Dave Gleeson is back at the helm???

Surely Fitzy wont be lost to football, any early whispers who he will coach in 2012?

Haha sorry Doons, Crogga will be at the Burra for life.
Not sure about Fitzy at this stage. Pretty sure his name will be linked somewhere soon though if he is going to coach again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha sorry Doons, Crogga will be at the Burra for life.
Not sure about Fitzy at this stage. Pretty sure his name will be linked somewhere soon though if he is going to coach again.

i have heard a little wisper that he will be at Riddell???? next year, dont no if Mr power wants to continue,... but thats just a little wisper???? and from a very GOOD source ... also seen in the local paper that Mr power was fuming?????? about playing ROMSEY at ROMSEY whats going on there big fella...... we played Lancefield AT Lancefield in 2003 and in 2009 in grand finals and no complaints......... we just put in and got the prelim??? if there is another way to fix this maybe they can look at in the future just a thought>>>>> also can anyone tell me how old the" Marshall" boy from diggers rest is? and well done to him on the b/f good result......good luck to everyone this weekend.... ccccccooooooonnnnaalllliiiinnnnkkkkooo you beauty GO REDBACKS 1 FOOTY AND 3 NETBALL SIDES GOOD LUCK

all the winners + teams of the year listed in the link

http://ow.ly/6uaWY

Romsey’s Shannon Green will be hoping to add a premiership medallion to his Bowen Medal after romping to the Riddell District Football League’s top individual award by six votes last night.

MELTON CENTRAL'S Bec Pereira capped an emphatic return from a knee injury to claim her second Janine Ryan Medal in three seasons after tying with Wallan’s Kirrily Gilchrist in the count last night.

The league don't usually put out the votes but you can email them and get a copy. I've done it before.

Does anyone know who picked the team of the year this season? Heard it wasn't the coaches as per usual.

The RDFL really need to review how they run the finals series. I don't like the finals 6 however there is a much better way to run the final 6. I do not understand why Clubs put in for finals? If the RDFL want to continue with the final 6 they need to set it up how the Ballarat Football League run their final 6 - and that is to introduce home ground advantage in finals. This is the only way a top 6 runs correctly and more importanly - its a fair system.

This year has really shown why it needs to change - for example Riddell (2) defeated Romsey (1) and Sunbury (3) defeated Wallan (6) - after the 1st round Sunbury who had the softest of finals ended up with the exact same ranking as Riddell who defeated the number 1 team. Now if the RDFL had home ground advantage the Riddell V Sunbury game should have been played at Riddell. Which is a fair result considering ladder position and who they defeated in the 1st week. Wallan lost their last 2 games by over 180 points!! There has to be some reward for finishing higher on the ladder. Loser of this match has the home final the following week.

Riddell not only had a tough hard fought win over Romsey but had to play Sunbury who had a training drill final - at a neutral venue. 3rd was clearly a better finishing position than 1 or 2. This makes no sense if home ground advantage in not in place. Not sure how the people that run the RDFL cannot see this?

Now Riddell (now ranked equal 1st) lost to Sunbury (also ranked equal 1st) and now play Romsey (now ranked 3rd) who defeated Macedon (now ranked 4th) at Romsey??? It defies belief that again the RDFL can look at this and be ok with how they have set up the finals series.

The only game that should be set by the RDFL is the Grand Final venue.

Playing home ground advantage will also have the added bonus of greater attendance at games. I would like to see the crowd figures for Romsey V Riddell 1st final at Broadford compared with Romsey V Riddell this weekend. My tip is it will be alot bigger - maybe as high as 20%.

The final 5 is still the best finals system and it is still a fair system even without home ground advantage. It reduces the finals series by 1 game but the RDFL can compensate by having the East V West game or something else to help with revenue. They can no longer run a "no" home ground advanatge final 6 series!! Head in the sand stuff if it stays the way it is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back