Prediction Rd 6 Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

This game can’t be like the past two. We can’t play a defensive borfest. If we win this one it has to be an attacking brand of footy. If we keep our opponents in the game with a low scoring game we deserve to loose especially against the eagles. Our brand right now will keep us in the game but it will also keep the other team within a quick run on to a loss. If anything we have gone backwards to the Ross Lyon era. It’s great we can keep in the contest with the quality sides but all it takes is one or two goals from our opponents and we screwed.

With Allen out, I would seriously consider resting Alex Pearce. Now it might seem silly, but if we can't beat the Oscar Allenles Eagles with out Pearce we aren't doing anything this year anyway.

But.

If injury prone Pearce goes down injured our season is over.

I would genuinley rest him.
Seriously 😟

This game can’t be like the past two. We can’t play a defensive borfest. If we win this one it has to be an attacking brand of footy. If we keep our opponents in the game with a low scoring game we deserve to loose especially against the eagles. Our brand right now will keep us in the game but it will also keep the other team within a quick run on to a loss. If anything we have gone backwards to the Ross Lyon era. It’s great we can keep in the contest with the quality sides but all it takes is one or two goals from our opponents and we screwed.
They won't be play defensive lockdown against weagles. You play the teams on their merit and strengths. Adelaide, port Adelaide and Carlton have potent fwd line and opening up the game to them would of been a disaster. We don't have anything to fear against Weagles, except our own complacency

Last edited:

First thing I do each is look at the forward line and think that’s full of overwhelming talent and should kick 100 points every week.

What are you smoking?

We have not gone back to the Ross Lyon era…I don’t see elite period Pav, Sonny, Ballas and Mayne out there…I mean wtf

Last edited:
Out:
Tabs (rest, to slow, can't take a mark), Walters (rest, down on form, might be lucky to be in team by end of year if Delean can get going in 2nd's), O'Meara (make way to allow young player to debut)

In:
Darcy, Simpson, Freddy (if 100% fit)

Raz takes Johnson's spot to give him full game with team to see what he has got, had no impact as a sub.

Sub: Johnson (to keep him on edge, playing okay but not enough to stay in the 22)

Think Sonny’s time might have come just not doing enough can’t carry him much longer
Only 3 games ago he had a pearler. He had a poor time in SA. Too soon to be calling in the knacker.

2024 Games Log for Michael Walters (Fremantle Dockers)​
DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 5​
Apr 13​
2​
3​
5​
1​
0​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
1​
2​
1​
0​
0​
23​
23​
Round 4​
Apr 6​
3​
4​
7​
1​
1​
0​
2​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
35​
34​
Round 3​
Mar 29​
15​
6​
21​
8​
2​
4​
3​
0​
0​
4​
0​
3​
0​
1​
0​
110​
97​
Round 2​
Mar 23​
9​
1​
10​
4​
1​
1​
3​
0​
2​
2​
0​
2​
0​
1​
0​
61​
55​
Round 1​
Mar 17​
5​
1​
6​
1​
1​
1​
3​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
37​
47​

In: A good forward or 2
Out: ****ing forwards who can't compete (not off the Rookie list or a pick in the 40s they get a pass because that's all we're got)

I'm so glad we burned picks on Logue and Chapman instead of getting a front half that can actually play footy.

I'm just about done with this club. We will see how the draft goes this year.

Out: ******* forwards who can't compete (not off the Rookie list or a pick in the 40s they get a pass because that's all we're got)

I'm so glad we burned picks on Logue and Chapman instead of getting a front half that can actually play footy.

Belongs in the melt thread.

With Allen out, I would seriously consider resting Alex Pearce. Now it might seem silly, but if we can't beat the Oscar Allenles Eagles with out Pearce we aren't doing anything this year anyway.

But.

If injury prone Pearce goes down injured our season is over.

I would genuinley rest him.
It's a good thought but I think you have to ask Moose. I think he wants to last thru the season and would do the team thing. If he says he's OK he's OK.

Out: ******* forwards who can't compete (not off the Rookie list or a pick in the 40s they get a pass because that's all we're got)

Seriously..you must have only just started following us... mate I've been here for 30 seasons and I can tell you this side and couching staff ( and CEO ) is so much better than at least 25 of the past years.. so if this isn't good enough for you fine off you go , your not gonna make it as a lifelong supporter.

Walters reached the edge of the cliff last week, in my opinion. Now hanging by a wisp of cotton thread half way down.
Lacking in awareness Hughes and Emmett.
3 weeks ago people here had him featuring prominently in the best players thread and now he needs to retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out
Fyfe - rest the old chap / raz inside mid
Tabs - Dogga to take his spot forward
Draper - rest - big few weeks

In
Darcy
Stephens (debut)
Big red (debut)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out:

Jag (for Raz)
Fyfe (rested for Brodie if needed)
Tabs (except last night been ok but need triple T fwd line to help smaller fwds)

In

Raz
Brodie
Darcy

I’m not resting anybody against the Eagles.

We cannot afford to drop that game and preferable we need to pound the shit out of them
Freddy in if he’s fit, Darcy in for Tabs, Jacko to CHF
Erasmus back to Peel.
Could look at Johnson too and make Stanley sub

Chappy for Hughes if he’s ready

I’d like to know why Stanley was playing reserves last week. He’s a long way above that level and seems within reach of the 22.

I hope the club don’t have him a long way off because he could make a difference, particularly as a sub
Didn't we come to the conclusion that it was because he was on managed minutes returning from injury and we had too many in Peel already on managed minutes with Chappy and NOD?

Didn't we come to the conclusion that it was because he was on managed minutes returning from injury and we had too many in Peel already on managed minutes with Chappy and NOD?
Just seems weird, it wasn’t that long an injury, why did he need managed minutes and it wasn’t that long an injury for Noddy, the only one that should have needed much managing is Chapman

Just seems weird, it wasn’t that long an injury, why did he need managed minutes and it wasn’t that long an injury for Noddy, the only one that should have needed much managing is Chapman
Yeah Idk. Unless we're taking a more conservative approach this year with injuries. He also had the back injury at the end of last year which I'm sure would have affected his pre-season. For someone like him who's gone from ammos to AFL debut in less than a year and then has an interrupted pre-season I don't think it's any surprise if he needs to build up to full fitness after his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back