Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s with Fritsch named on the bench? Still under an injury cloud?

The six Melb forwards named on the ground are a tad underwhelming. Concerning?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Be careful what you wish for!

You have no right to say this if you actually rate Howe as a forward.

Teamsheets mean absolutely nothing. Come game time, Fritsch, Petracca and Pickett will all be inside 50.

You have no right to say this if you actually rate Howe as a forward.

I really rate Lever and May when free to zone-off, intercept and rebound. They’ll kill us if allowed to do that again. Howe will hopefully keep one of them accountable. He did so effectively against Harris Andrews a couple of weeks ago and hit the scoreboard…..although we did lose the match.

Not really.

Fritsch Pickett VanRooyen TMac + couple of defensive forwards ANB & Chandler enough to get the job done.

Petracca will drift forward, as will Gawn late in quarters.

Like you guys we’re more about system than individual brilliance, although DeGoey does worry us (as I’m sure Tracc & Kozzy worry you).

As close to a coin flip game as it gets I reckon. Side that kicks more goals than points probably wins it.

I'm actually pumped. I really like our 22, really only Petty for JSmith and Melky for TMac for best 22.

We were significantly better than them on QB and I am confident.

With line-ups finalised, here are Collingwood’s OUTs and INs compared to Kings Birthday.

OUT: NDaicos, Noble, Frampton, Johnson, Harrison, McInnes.

IN: DeGoey, Elliott, Sidebottom, McStay, Howe, Ginnivan.

Obviously NDaicos is a huge out but collectively our INs are a big upgrade on our OUTs.

How does it look for you, other than the big IN of Oliver?

Last edited:
With line-ups finalised, here are Collingwood’s OUTs and INs compared to Kings Birthday.

IN: DeGoey, Sidebottom, McStay, Howe, Ginnivan, Markov.

Obviously NDaicos is a huge out but collectively our INs are a big upgrade on our OUTs.

Thanks for another reminder that the pies had injuries on KB. i feel like it had been just wayy too long without it:$

Oliver, McDonald and Bowey in for Grundy, Tomlinson and Spargo from KB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Grundy Tomlinson Spargo

In: Oliver McDonald Bowey

17 of our 2021 premiership side named + Van Rooyen McVee Hunter Smith Chandler

18 players with premiership experience when you include Hunter. That’s formidable any way you slice it.

Thanks for another reminder that the pies had injuries on KB. i feel like it had been just wayy too long without it:$

You’re welcome!

I was wrong too. Markov’s not an IN. He was sub on KB. Jamie Elliott is the other IN I overlooked. An OK player.

You’re welcome!

I was wrong too. Markov’s not an IN. He was sub on KB. Jamie Elliott is the other IN I overlooked. An OK player.

Mate no one gives a heck who you had out, you need to get over the fact you lost and worry about Thursday

Guess we'll see. Asking Hibbo to play tall and taking him away from the Elliott matchup would be foolish, IMO.

Yeah I hear ya. Goody liked the Hibbo, May and Lever combo earlier in the year but I was never a big fan.

IN: DeGoey, Elliott, Sidebottom, McStay, Howe, Ginnivan.

Oliver is bigger than all that collectively. I wonder what mysterious virus will have gone through the Pies when they lose this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back