Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just let him dominate for the next 10 weeks, he’ll be on 43 points. Then let everyone else take all the points off him. 43 should win it. MR0808, you’d be happy with that right ?
Make It Rain Loop GIF by Chris Timmons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it teams can go for years without being worked out yet we get figured out in 4 weeks?
We allow ourselves to get worked out. We're not an overall physically gifted team and rely on our uncontested game. Our intensity always needs to be up to allow that. Not easy to keep it high 100% of time which is when we get undone.

Richmond 2017-2020
Collingwood 2022- present

I’ll maybe give you Richmond but not Collingwood. Their run is filled with so many near misses and they hit the jackpot somewhere in the middle before looking like just a good team at time.

They’ve already been figured out.

My view is it’s not about us being figured out, because every team studies every other team ad nauseam so there really are no brilliant secret game plans. It’s more about us sticking to and executing that plan even if we are pressured or thrown off our game for patches here and there. Regaining control and not panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll maybe give you Richmond but not Collingwood. Their run is filled with so many near misses and they hit the jackpot somewhere in the middle before looking like just a good team at time.

They’ve already been figured out.

My view is it’s not about us being figured out, because every team studies every other team ad nauseam so there really are no brilliant secret game plans. It’s more about us sticking to and executing that plan even if we are pressured or thrown off our game for patches here and there. Regaining control and not panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. We saw in patches how good we are against West Coast when we stuck to the plan and outworked them. Credit to them, they kept up with us for a lot longer than most expected. We just weren't mentally on our game from the start and it took 3 quarters to get going. Hopefully the boys all get a good break and hit the ground running again after our bye.

I wonder if we will get some good news on signing players over the bye period. Plenty of time on their hands to get some deals done so players can concentrate on their footy and win a premiership this year.
Thought the same thing earlier , what a boost that would be

As fans we are not always “on the money”, but how the faark do the bookies still have us $6 second favourites to win the flag??
Given our last 2 games (and remember we only just got over the top of the edgeless bombers), I wldve thought we’d be around 5th or 6th favourites, and behind teams like Melbourne, Carlton, Geelong & Port??

Thoughts?

As fans we are not always “on the money”, but how the faark do the bookies still have us $6 second favourites to win the flag??
Given our last 2 games (and remember we only just got over the top of the edgeless bombers), I wldve thought we’d be around 5th or 6th favourites, and behind teams like Melbourne, Carlton, Geelong & Port??

Thoughts?
Bookies will frame a market and then the money flow predominantly dictates what happens with the odds after that.

Getting Grundy et al, young highly rated players (eg Gulden, Chad) and a good start to the season, rolling Melbourne at the SCG & Collingwood at the 'G, would I'd imagine have a few punters jump aboard.

Also other than probably GWS I'm not sure any team has really looked the goods in all matches.

Admittedly I would have thought the bluebaggers might have been tossing out their hard earned, but I'm guessing they might have been burned (what was it they were cooking) a few times previously.

Thoughts?
Geelong have beaten 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th placed teams. This week they play the 17th placed team.

Port have beaten teams outside of the 8 and lost to a top 8 team.

Carlton have scraped home in 3 of their 4 wins by a total of 18 points (and some dicey umpiring). The other win was against North.

Melbourne, lost to Sydney. Enough said.

Bookies will frame a market and then the money flow predominantly dictates what happens with the odds after that.

Getting Grundy et al, young highly rated players (eg Gulden, Chad) and a good start to the season, rolling Melbourne at the SCG & Collingwood at the 'G, would I'd imagine have a few punters jump aboard.

Also other than probably GWS I'm not sure any team has really looked the goods in all matches.

Admittedly I would have thought the bluebaggers might have been tossing out their hard earned, but I'm guessing they might have been burned (what was it they were cooking) a few times previously.
Yeah perhaps because it’s so open this year, there’s no heavy money being thrown around just yet?
Even GWS at $5 favourite is surprising … despite looking good, they haven’t played anyone in the current top 9 yet ?!

Geelong have beaten 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th placed teams. This week they play the 17th placed team.

Port have beaten teams outside of the 8 and lost to a top 8 team.

Carlton have scraped home in 3 of their 4 wins by a total of 18 points (and some dicey umpiring). The other win was against North.

Melbourne, lost to Sydney. Enough said.
Fair points, but does it feel like we shld be 2nd favourites right now? Doesn’t for me 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back