Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

JackHiscoxWasFast

All Australian
Nov 30, 2023
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ll get this started.

1. Rowy will never be elite
2. Mills is better in defence
3. The Dogs would have won even without the umps

Have at it

1. Gulden is more damaging and has more weapons than all top mids incl Bontempelli and Daicos. And will prove it this year when he wins the Brownlow.
2. Most posters who bag Horse will want him back a few years after he retires.
3. Sheldrick will be picked ahead of Adams this year once he plays 3 consecutive games.

10. Swans executive team cow tow to the AFL - cola, academies, umpiring etc

11. We lack a killer instinct as we put the cue in the rack way too often

12. Our fitness staff need replacing - need to be firing at right time of the season

13. We are idiots for not ‘optimising’ the salary cap as Geelong do.

14. J Mac will never be the same and never hit top speed again after his knee injury

15. Jake Lloyd is the weakest 1 on 1 defender at the swans

16. Melican will regain his pre injury form this year

17. None of this years draftees will debut in 2024

18. Will Hayward will kick straight this year

19. Papley and Heeney are clearly our best midfielders
20. Sheldrick will not live up to the ridiculous expectations of this board and thus be a potential whipping boy
21. Matty Roberts won’t make it

22. We are going to find out what it’s really like to have a decent Ruck

23. Campbell is gonna be > Dawson

24. Heeney will be top goal scorer

25. The biggest leap for mankind wasn't the one (ahem) filmedinastudiointhenevadadesert... it was the mark Leo Barry took in the 2005 Grand Final.

26. On evidence shown thus far, the high draft picks of McDonald and Stephens have contributed about the same yet one is the messiah and the other is a very naughty boy.
27. Paul Roos is a better coach than Horse
28. Amartey needs Jack Hiscox as an endurance coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32. Gulden will win the Brownlow

33. Chad will regain 2022 form

34. I’m in the 25% who are calling a swans flag this year

Always consider needs when drafting. Always.

Disclaimer: Unless you're early on in a lengthy rebuild.

I’ll get this started.

1. Rowy will never be elite
2. Mills is better in defence
3. The Dogs would have won even without the umps

Have at it
Even Rowy's defenders (like me) don't necessarily think he'll be elite. I think he's tracking well though.

If Sheldrick, Roberts and Cleary come along over the next couple of years, and we can get a couple of good years out of Adams, 1 more out of Parker, then Mills could go to defence and I'd have no issues with it, absolute quality down there. Also Jordon is fairly young, could improve.

Quite possibly.

13. We are idiots for not ‘optimising’ the salary cap as Geelong do.

14. J Mac will never be the same and never hit top speed again after his knee injury

15. Jake Lloyd is the weakest 1 on 1 defender at the swans
13. Not as easy for us given the disparity in property prices, sponsorship opportunities given the comparative ignorance of Aussie Rules in Sydney vs Vic.

15. This would be fine if true. Lloyd isn't a defender in the same sense as say Cunners or Fox, he's a half back who is in the team for his workrate, positioning, distribution etc.

Sam Reid will be in top 3 most important players because McDonald won’t fill Buddy’s shoes and if Reid isn’t there, we will all be shitting on our non functional fwd line

Sam Reid will be in top 3 most important players because McDonald won’t fill Buddy’s shoes and if Reid isn’t there, we will all be shitting on our non functional fwd line
McDonald isn't great at contested marks. Gets outmuscled, having someone like Reid or McLean as the spearhead makes a lot more sense.

McDonald may put on a bit of bulk but unlikely to be the premiership spearhead just yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back