Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

43. It’s harder to get a beer at the footy at the SCG vs MCG
44. We were right to abandon membership when forced to play at Homebush
45. Bradshaws goal was better than Davis’ goal v Geelong

46. We are too polite - we don’t boo loudly enough at home games to sway the umpires
47. Need to reinstate only 1 half time match for the kids so they get the pleasure of running into an open goal and slotting it in.
48. Kick to kick should apply whether rain, hail wind or snow

49. Parker is our best kick at goal

50. We are losing the grassroots war to NRL

51. We don’t pay our Neafl players enough

52. Nick Davis v Geelong was more exciting than the Leaping Leo moment or Plugger kicking the behind v Essendon

53. Mitch Morton is our best grand final performer ever

54. Darren Jolly cost us the 2006 GF

52. Nick Davis v Geelong was more exciting than the Leaping Leo moment or Plugger kicking the behind v Essendon

53. Mitch Morton is our best grand final performer ever

54. Darren Jolly cost us the 2006 GF

Hall says Spill my beer

He missed a couple of set shots in the first half and generally had a bit of a mare.

I truly think his career went downhill from that GF and he mentally never recovered.

55. There should be no byes in the home and away season
56. The week off before finals is a joke
57. No 5 day turnarounds if travelling interstate

Hall says Spill my beer

He missed a couple of set shots in the first half and generally had a bit of a mare.

I truly think his career went downhill from that GF and he mentally never recovered.
I think I remember an interview not longer after that GF, that Hall went in for laser eye surgery during the off-season prior to 2007. I always had the theory that had something to do with why his form fell off a cliff because he was also dropping lots of marks he wouldv'e taken with ease in seasons prior.

62. The Choose Roos campaign to oust a signed up Terry Wallace was one of the only times of note swans supporters achieved any meaningful change
63. Kurt Tippett was a great signing
64. Paul Kelly remains our greatest ever midfielder, second place was Hannebery (pre injury).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

65. Mark Bayes was a terrible kick at goal
66. We should have had a greater quarter time lead and we would have beaten North in 96
67. Heeney is our best player at the moment

66. We should have had a greater quarter time lead and we would have beaten North in 96
I think JHWF has dipped his head into the holy water and received divine inspiration. 67 and counting.
67. Gulden shits on Heeney. No disrespect to Heeney. Heeney is top 30. Gulden is top 3. Soon to win multiple Brownlows.

68. The booing of Adam Goodes remains the lowest act in Australian sporting history
69. Ashton Warner could end up as the best Warner
70. AFL should bring back the State of Origin

Umpires do their best at a difficult job. They are not biased against the Swans. (Ducking for cover.)

Horse is a very good coach. One of the best in the league. Reading criticism of him is tiresome and boring.

Posters on this board should be limited to repeating their opinions on a given topic to a finite number of times (say 10?).*

Libba is a good player.

Ginnivan is fun to watch.

I was happy to like Collingwood for a little while after Three Chins departed and Fly arrived, but I am tiring of it quickly as they are being more hyped and lauded than they deserve. (OK, that probably doesn't qualify as an unpopular opinion. A bit like appreciating that Toby Greene is an excellent player.)

Hinkley is a good coach. (Premierships are hard to win. Especially for non-Vic teams.)

Justin Longmuir is a good coach. So is Adam Simpson.

James Rowbottom is a better footy player than Gussy Sheldrick. (Even if a majority might agree this is currently true, it's still not a popular opinion.) If Sheldrick ever gets to Rowy's current level, he'll be doing well. (I am backing Sheldrick in.)

Peter Ladhams is underrated.

Our club has too little diversity in its playing group and at board level.

It's okay that we haven't won a flag since 2012. Disappointing, but ok.

* Personally, I never want to read again that Sam Reid let the whole universe down by agreeing to play in the 2022 GF - a sentiment I've read roughly 29837493743987397 times.

Umpires do their best at a difficult job. They are not biased against the Swans. (Ducking for cover.)

Horse is a very good coach. One of the best in the league. Reading criticism of him is tiresome and boring.

Posters on this board should be limited to repeating their opinions on a given topic to a finite number of times (say 10?).*

Libba is a good player.

Ginnivan is fun to watch.

I was happy to like Collingwood for a little while after Three Chins departed and Fly arrived, but I am tiring of it quickly as they are being more hyped and lauded than they deserve. (OK, that probably doesn't qualify as an unpopular opinion. A bit like appreciating that Toby Greene is an excellent player.)

Hinkley is a good coach. (Premierships are hard to win. Especially for non-Vic teams.)

Justin Longmuir is a good coach. So is Adam Simpson.

James Rowbottom is a better footy player than Gussy Sheldrick. (Even if a majority might agree this is currently true, it's still not a popular opinion.) If Sheldrick ever gets to Rowy's current level, he'll be doing well. (I am backing Sheldrick in.)

Peter Ladhams is underrated.

Our club has too little diversity in its playing group and at board level.

It's okay that we haven't won a flag since 2012. Disappointing, but ok.

* Personally, I never want to read again that Sam Reid let the whole universe down by agreeing to play in the 2022 GF - a sentiment I've read roughly 29837493743987397 times.
I kinda like this post even though a disagree a little with a little bit of it.
I sort of like the last line too.
We have contended and finished 2nd a few times and been close a few other times. That is not disgraceful. We give it a crack. That is all you can ask. As a supporter the Swans fill you with hope mostly. Not many sides can say that.

I kinda like this post even though a disagree a little with a little bit of it.
I sort of like the last line too.
We have contended and finished 2nd a few times and been close a few other times. That is not disgraceful. We give it a crack. That is all you can ask. As a supporter the Swans fill you with hope mostly. Not many sides can say that.
My reaction almost exactly.
Umpires let their feelings get the best of them sometimes more than bias.
Ginnivan meh! Weightman on the other hand, since he pretty much stopped faking.
The diversity question is an interesting one. It's true of the whole AFL too. Most efforts at change have been pretty half-hearted.

83. It’s the hope that kills you

84. You should stay on after kicking a goal, not sprint 400m to get to the bench

85. Membership cost should be discounted based on how many games attended since 1982.

• Sydney should play a minimum of 7 H and A games a year in Melbourne, with four matches at the G.
  • The SCG is too small and not fit for purpose for cricket or footy. An 80k capacity state of the art facility with retractable roof in the middle of Randwick race track should be supported by CA, AFL, racing and events NSW.

• Sydney should play a minimum of 7 H and A games a year in Melbourne, with four matches at the G.
  • The SCG is too small and not fit for purpose for cricket or footy. An 80k capacity state of the art facility with retractable roof in the middle of Randwick race track should be supported by CA, AFL, racing and events NSW.
Bad Boy No GIF by chelsiekenyon

Edit: The SCG (155m x 136m) is 25 square meters smaller than the MCG. (160 x 141m)

It's larger than Marvel and OHSNCUIFGKLUAF Stadium

Last edited:
Bad Boy No GIF by chelsiekenyon

Edit: The SCG (155m x 136m) is 25 square meters smaller than the MCG. (160 x 141m)

It's larger than Marvel and OHSNCUIFGKLUAF Stadium

it is too small capacity wise. And it is imo not great for cricket or footy. A covered stadium will keep the damn dew out and also allow a Sydney Test to Not be affected by weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back