Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anzac Day should be commemorated on the 25th of April, and only on the 25th of April. There is no need for every match that week to have an Anzac feature pre-game.
Yep, agree. Felt very weird at the start of the game when ANZAC day was 3 days in arrears. No need for it.

Anzac Day should be commemorated on the 25th of April, and only on the 25th of April. There is no need for every match that week to have an Anzac feature pre-game.
What's more, unless the AFL are donating 30-50% of the profits from the game, and/or playing the game at dusk or dawn, they shouldn't be commemorating or celebrating it all!

Don't know if this is unpopular, but I think we wear the "red V" jumpers way too much.
They're fine as a novelty, to be worn 1-3 times a year, but the "swan feathers" jumper is absolutely perfect and should be the only primary uniform.

Don't know if this is unpopular, but I think we wear the "red V" jumpers way too much.
They're fine as a novelty, to be worn 1-3 times a year, but the "swan feathers" jumper is absolutely perfect and should be the only primary uniform.
Until you realise it's the Opera House, not feathers

I agree, but also I don't really care it stays the same. I do get that it has ties to our heritage, and is appreciated by Victorian fans particularly (since it's used for Vic games) and those who've been around longer

I prefer the "home" or non-Vic jumper though.

Ideally for me, if we wore the red V for a couple of Vic games or MCG games that's cool. But if we wear it for every Vic game (except grand finals, I'd draw the line there), then at least others are happier, which is fine too.

Every year the complaints are that the standard of umpiring is the worst it has ever been. It is trotted out every. single. year.
I propose that the worst year of umpiring up until that year was the very first year there was a competition. From then on, it has been a similar standard every year - good or bad generally depends on whether your team wins or loses. Umpires make mistakes and you get good and bad umpires, but the standard is always similar.

Unless we get reamed tonight, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back