Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mills has been doing stuff on the bench. At the SCG v Gold Coast his arm was in a sling. Yesterday I noticed he didn’t have it.
So I suppose that’s some progress.

I'm alarmed to hear Cal's arm was in a sling for the Gold Coast match. His arm was already out of a sling in January, and he was training doing running on the sidelines of the main group then. Did he have a setback separate to his calf strain? Are you sure you saw him wearing a sling at the Suns match??

I'm alarmed to hear Cal's arm was in a sling for the Gold Coast match. His arm was already out of a sling in January, and he was training doing running on the sidelines of the main group then. Did he have a setback separate to his calf strain? Are you sure you saw him wearing a sling at the Suns match??
Yes it was right in front of me.

Pretty sure I saw him wearing a sling on TV last week

Latest club injury update:

Sam Reid
Sam is recovering well from the stress related pain in his foot. He is expected to start running next week.

Corey Warner
Corey’s ankle sprain is healing well but is still likely to miss two weeks of football.

Tom McCartin
Tom failed an HIA during the match against Greater Western Sydney. As a result, he will not play this weekend in line with the AFL’s protocols.

Callum Mills
Callum’s recovery from the low-grade calf strain is progressing as expected. He has started gym work and some cardio work.

Harry Arnold
Harry is building his running speed and still expected to return in the second half of the season.

Angus Sheldrick
Angus failed an HIA after experiencing delayed symptoms on Monday. He will not play this weekend in line with the AFL’s protocols.

The injury updates are normally done by about this time on a Tuesday afternoon. I know there s normally a Swans website update a but later today but does anyone know the page on the AFL official site that has the list for all teams? Had a look but can't find it.

afl.com.au summary:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Harry ArnoldBack5-6 weeks
Indhi KirkConcussionTest
Tom McCartinConcussion1 week
Callum MillsShoulder/calf8-10 weeks
Sam ReidQuad/footTBC
Angus SheldrickConcussion1 week
Corey WarnerAnkle2 weeks

Here's what the AFL say about MIlls and Reid in their report:

Callum Mills suffered a calf injury while running last week and won't be available until the final part of the regular season.

Sam Reid is expected to start running next week after experiencing pain in his foot, but his return to play is yet to be determined.

Sam Reid …. Middle name is TBC

Yikes Gus!

The Mills stuff is just confusing and just not believable. I see no reason to believe he will play a game, let alone a quality game this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another mystery injury. Gus looked fine at the end of the reserves game

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I suspect Gus is just desperate to play.

I really hope he did not conceal the affects of the head knock during the game.

Seven out of 44 listed not available this weekend due to injury. Mills, McCartin, Reid, Sheldrick, Warner Jr. Buller and Arnold.

Mitchell fit and available but not picked in either team so as to be travelling emergency for seniors.

Everything is aligning so we can bring a 60-70 % Callum Mills back for the grand final as his only appearance this season.

Lid is well and truly off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back