Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still haven't forgiven you Cadsky
I'm still waiting for you at the airport. They've already towed my car and I'm lighting bonfires with the parking tickets to keep me warm at night

I'm still waiting for you at the airport. They've already towed my car and I'm lighting bonfires with the parking tickets to keep me warm at night

Sorry I drove straight through to the intellectual heartland of Queensland.

Noosa

This is the Injury Thread. I must not crack jokes about Quhillbillies and the challenges they face.

Of course for a long time they believed they were so smart they needed one year less of school than the rest of Oz

This is the Injury Thread. I must not crack jokes about Quhillbillies and the challenges they face.

Of course for a long time they believed they were so smart they needed one year less of school than the rest of Oz
They had no daylight saving either, thanks to a premier who was convinced the sun shone out of his butt and refused to get up an hour earlier.

Latest update from afl.com.au (April 9):

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Harry ArnoldBack8-9 weeks
Callum MillsShoulder8-9 weeks
Luke ParkerArmTest
Dane RampeHamstring2-3 weeks
Angus SheldrickFingerTest

With no fresh injuries from the win over West Coast, the Swans head into the bye in reasonably good health.

Parker could be back for the game against Gold Coast in round six, while Sheldrick should also be back to full fitness by then.

Rampe will miss the Suns game but should be ready to face the Hawks in round seven or the Giants the week after.

Latest update from afl.com.au (April 9):

Harry ArnoldBack8-9 weeks
Callum MillsShoulder8-9 weeks
Luke ParkerArmTest
Dane RampeHamstring2-3 weeks
Angus SheldrickFingerTest

With no fresh injuries from the win over West Coast, the Swans head into the bye in reasonably good health.

Parker could be back for the game against Gold Coast in round six, while Sheldrick should also be back to full fitness by then.

Rampe will miss the Suns game but should be ready to face the Hawks in round seven or the Giants the week after.
9 weeks takes Mills to first game back after the bye v Geelong

It's a real shame that with the injuries in midfield to start the year that Sheldrick has been unavailable too. With Roberts having a real breakout year I could easily see him doing the same. He showed some glimpses last season so hopefully that can continue this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest update from afl.com.au:

Harry ArnoldBack8 weeks
Callum MillsShoulder8 weeks
Luke ParkerArm1 week
Dane RampeHamstring1-2 weeks

Club update:

Sam Reid

Sam had a tight quad during the VFL match against Richmond. We assessed him and completed imaging during the BYE week and he has a low grade quad strain which he will have a short period of rehabilitation for.

Under most circumstances it probably should be. But given our lack of tall forward depth I wouldn't blame the club for keeping him on the list a little longer if he can get back at some stage this year.

I would pay a pretty penny for Horse’s thoughts on S Reid.

I'd bet a pretty penny that they're the polar opposite of yours Unc!

Not a lay down misere Ms J. Reckon the Club may have divergent views on Sam. May explain why he was the last player contracted in both the last two seasons.

Unless he is forced to retire, he will put his hand up yet again for next year, whether he plays seniors or not in 2024. I expect you and most here will say ..” but he brings experience, can compete in the ruck, take a contested mark, kick a goal etc..” No doubt I will be in a tiny minority.

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back