Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually really simple, is there any reason the board wouldn't be doing the best for its clubs and the league , what have they collectively or individually got to gain ?
I'd suspect they have more info than anyone and have no reason to do wrong .

"They have more info than anyone" what info do they have that clubs dont. What is being held back. Why dont clubs have all the info?

As you are aware there has been many allegations and lots of innuendo, which have clearly not been true.

Doesnt answer the question. You are claiming the board is in a better position to make these decisions without the input from clubs because they are better informed. My question is why are clubs not given access to all the information.

Never stated without the input from clubs.

Really? sure seems like you did

THE QUESTION
Interesting you mention the phrase divide and conquer. Exactly how I would explain the boards actions over the past 3 months with no delegate or presidents meetings to discuss affiliation. Just get to clubs individually, tell them one side of a storey and make a decision claiming support of the clubs.

YOUR ANSWER
It's actually really simple, is there any reason the board wouldn't be doing the best for its clubs and the league , what have they collectively or individually got to gain ?
I'd suspect they have more info than anyone and have no reason to do wrong

And you still didnt answer the question.

THE QUESTION
Interesting you mention the phrase divide and conquer. Exactly how I would explain the boards actions over the past 3 months with no delegate or presidents meetings to discuss affiliation. Just get to clubs individually, tell them one side of a storey and make a decision claiming support of the clubs.

YOUR ANSWER

Just because you don't get the answer you want doesn't mean it wasn't answered.
I think clubs would rightfully be pissed off if the board disclosed information it has, knowing full well it would be disclosed to the AFL and most likely the media, including information on clubs or there opinion.
It's called trust and is built by parties communicating without the discussion becoming public knowledge.

THE QUESTION

YOUR ANSWER

It’s interesting that people want to believe our board is putting us through this for the fun of it. Seriously consider the personal toll this is taking on the board who pretty much volunteer their time. We have good quality professionals on there who know the meaning of confidentiality. I’m betting that affiliation agreement has clauses specific to us like Under 11s that’s been mentioned. You cannot expect Roar to answer everything here that’s ridiculous and pretty unfair of you, go ask your club to ask the board mate.

But ask yourself this which party has most to lose with us leaving:
Compare : AFLvic first its $80k in affiliation then it’s all our business then it’s sponsorship deals. $$$$$$$$$
Can you think of one decent thing we get for our $$$$ we pay them?

Us: pathways...until other leagues join the fray which they will id say in 12 months.
Our identity, our choice and guess what intimidator the freedom to VOTE on who manages us. You need to think long and hard about that last point. You will have no hope whatsoever having a say if we join the hub.

Just because you don't get the answer you want doesn't mean it wasn't answered.
I think clubs would rightfully be pissed off if the board disclosed information it has, knowing full well it would be disclosed to the AFL and most likely the media, including information on clubs or there opinion.
It's called trust and is built by parties communicating without the discussion becoming public knowledge.

What are you talking about.

You where asked a question about why there was no deligates meeting called to discuss the affiliation. To which you replied that that the board was better informed to make the decision. To which i asked why they were better informed ?

That is the question you have not answered.

It’s interesting that people want to believe our board is putting us through this for the fun of it. Seriously consider the personal toll this is taking on the board who pretty much volunteer their time. We have good quality professionals on there who know the meaning of confidentiality. I’m betting that affiliation agreement has clauses specific to us like Under 11s that’s been mentioned. You cannot expect Roar to answer everything here that’s ridiculous and pretty unfair of you, go ask your club to ask the board mate.

But ask yourself this which party has most to lose with us leaving:
Compare : AFLvic first its $80k in affiliation then it’s all our business then it’s sponsorship deals. $$$$$$$$$
Can you think of one decent thing we get for our $$$$ we pay them?

Us: pathways...until other leagues join the fray which they will id say in 12 months.
Our identity, our choice and guess what intimidator the freedom to VOTE on who manages us. You need to think long and hard about that last point. You will have no hope whatsoever having a say if we join the hub.

Dont dare lecture me on the personal tolls this is taking

What are you talking about.

You where asked a question about why there was no deligates meeting called to discuss the affiliation. To which you replied that that the board was better informed to make the decision. To which i asked why they were better informed ?

That is the question you have not answered.
It was answered you just chose to ignore it .
My understanding is that the board were negotiating in good faith and within hours of AFL / AFLGM rejecting offers they sent letters to the media and clubs advising, do or else or that the league wouldn't be affiliated.
You can judge if that is fair and reasonable .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't accept that everything doesn't has to happen to suit you.

What doesnt suit me? Ill tell youwhat doesnt suit me The fact that our club today were forced to make a decision today that meant losing a number of juniors and their familys. Its doesnt suit me that the board didnt even have enough respect for clubs to call a meeting to ask their opinions.

What doesnt suit me? Ill tell youwhat doesnt suit me The fact that our club today were forced to make a decision today that meant losing a number of juniors and their familys. Its doesnt suit me that the board didnt even have enough respect for clubs to call a meeting to ask their opinions.
There were PDFNL 17 clubs who all gave written advice on this subject last and were also regularly communicating with the board .

Say whatever makes you sleep easy, we all know this is a blatant Lie. There was no communication on the affiliation after the 2017 season started
Bulldust there has been a truck load in the last month in particular since things went awol.
You can blame who you like for that but to suggest there has been no correspondence since the start of 2017 is rubbish .

Last edited:
Bulldust there has been a truck load in the last month in particular since things went awol.
You can blame who you like for that but to suggest there has been no correspondence since the start of 2017 is rubbish .
So why didn’t the board communicate the missing of the first deadline back in December to the clubs?. Instead they wait until it came out in the media on the 5th of March. Yes you’re right, since then there has been a truck load. Nothing that’s helped ease the pain of the clubs however.

So why didn’t the board communicate the missing of the first deadline back in December to the clubs?. Instead they wait until it came out in the media on the 5th of March. Yes you’re right, since then there has been a truck load. Nothing that’s helped ease the pain of the clubs however.
The PDFNL board and management should resign or at the very least stand down immediately. Their positions are untenable. They have blood on their hands. This whole mess could not have been handled worse.

I know nothing of the league missing a December deadline.

The PDFNL board and management should resign or at the very least stand down immediately. Their positions are untenable. They have blood on their hands. This whole mess could not have been handled worse.

Why not vent your anger at kids being used as pawns by AfL because let’s face it the ONLY problem we all have is pathways.

It’s ridiculous the new way of control by AFL and if we don’t stand up to it we will be consumed by it.

If we all vented our anger at AFL House instead of the board we may get a win for country people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back