Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets face it the PDFL has been a shambles for years tunga, shepp east, dookie and katandra will be better of in whichever league they are placed in and the rest of the clubs in the PD will be wishing they followed suit.
What are you basing your reasoning on?

What are you basing your reasoning on?
There is no singular piece of reasoning that I can base my statement on, as there has been to many countless situations over several years which highlight the shambles that the picola league has become. Its a real shame that a once proud competition has become the laughing stock of country football. Losing 2 juggernauts of the league in shepp east and tunga will only lead to a more rapid decline in the leagues standard.

There is no singular piece of reasoning that I can base my statement on, as there has been to many countless situations over several years which highlight the shambles that the picola league has become. Its a real shame that a once proud competition has become the laughing stock of country football. Losing 2 juggernauts of the league in shepp east and tunga will only lead to a more rapid decline in the leagues standard.

Over the last 10 years we have had 2 divisions, every club fielded seniors, 2nds and all juniors and the league is one of the more financial in country Victoria, while keeping fees down. There are not many other leagues that give clubs a dividend at the end of the year.
I would say the PDFL is far from a shambles. The board should be congratulated not condemned .

Over the last 10 years we have had 2 divisions, every club fielded seniors, 2nds and all juniors and the league is one of the more financial in country Victoria, while keeping fees down. There are not many other leagues that give clubs a dividend at the end of the year.
I would say the PDFL is far from a shambles. The board should be congratulated not condemned .
Well Said

Opinions please

Was it fair and reasonable for a U17 coach to bring in a top age player from a major league last weekend?

Well I guess your saying that depends......

Was the team short of players? No they had named 21 players

Was the opposition short of players? they also named 21 players

So does that mean local players then had less game time to accommodate the permit player? You would assume so as it wouldn't appear there was any need to share players with the opposition

Is the permit player a local child? No
Does he go to school locally or have school friends playing in the team? No

Does he intend to come and play permanently at the club? Unlikely as he does not live in the district and that would involve substantial travel for trainings, games etc

Was the team struggling for a win and a boost would be beneficial for moral? No the team is undefeated and talk around the traps is they are flag favourites
Was the opposition a strong team also? No they are not currently a top eight side

So I ask - was it a fair and reasonable action for the coach to take and something the league approves of, and encourages? What are the rules surrounding the use of permit players?

If the player was from a local high school who wanted a game on a rostered week off from his usual club to play with or against other mates, or was topping up a team short on numbers, was home for a weekend from boarding school etc, then in my opinion that could be classified as fair enough, but when other loyal local younger kids are having to sit on the side lines to accommodate a fill-in against a weaker opposition that isn't fair to any of the PDFNL kids IMO and such permits should not be allowed. Look after your own first please.

Opinions please

Was it fair and reasonable for a U17 coach to bring in a top age player from a major league last weekend?

So does that mean local players then had less game time to accommodate the permit player? You would assume so as it wouldn't appear there was any need to share players with the opposition

Does he intend to come and play permanently at the club? Unlikely as he does not live in the district and that would involve substantial travel for trainings, games etc

Was the team struggling for a win and a boost would be beneficial for moral? No the team is undefeated and talk around the traps is they are flag favourites
Was the opposition a strong team also? No they are not currently a top eight side

So I ask - was it a fair and reasonable action for the coach to take and something the league approves of, and encourages? What are the rules surrounding the use of permit players?

If the player was from a local high school who wanted a game on a rostered week off from his usual club to play with or against other mates, or was topping up a team short on numbers, was home for a weekend from boarding school etc, then in my opinion that could be classified as fair enough, but when other loyal local younger kids are having to sit on the side lines to accommodate a fill-in against a weaker opposition that isn't fair to any of the PDFNL kids IMO and such permits should not be allowed. Look after your own first please.
You have absolutely no idea about the entire situation, how can you just assume why he played on the weekend. Besides he’s just a kid trying to play his first game of footy this season

You have absolutely no idea about the entire situation, how can you just assume why he played on the weekend. Besides he’s just a kid trying to play his first game of footy this season
This is so far from the truth you have no idea before putting up such rabbish how about asking all involved . And get the right info . Before making up such stuff get bothsides of the story . Very disappointed the kid has not even played football yet for any gv club this season . So ask before you shoot off yourself in the foot .

This is so far from the truth you have no idea before putting up such rabbish how about asking all involved . And get the right info . Before making up such stuff get bothsides of the story . Very disappointed the kid has not even played football yet for any gv club this season . So ask before you shoot off yourself in the foot .

FYI Browntown. this is katunga's 17s coach so he will know. i also do believe that the kid is a cousin of a player

Thank you for your thoughtful comments - please tell me what part of my questions in the my post above are incorrect?

As I stated if you were running with 12-15 thirds aged players then topping up with fourths kids like the vast majority of teams in the league then yeah no worries - help the kid out and slot him in, but when you have a 20+ squad of local dedicated kids then I believe you should be prioritising their playing time first, especially when often you may be required to play 16-a-side which means even less game time for your local kids.
If the boy wants to come and join the side on a permanent basis as after three rounds he can't get a run in his home club then fine - get a clearance properly and name him on your list properly.
In my opinion to do otherwise is poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FYI Browntown. this is katunga's 17s coach so he will know. i also do believe that the kid is a cousin of a player

Yes thank you I was aware of who posted the above comment and also had been told that the kid is related to a club player but I still think under the circumstances it wasn't appropriate.

If the boy can't get a run at his long term local home club then maybe looking at any of the other large number of clubs in other leagues surrounding his home patch as an alternative rather than displacing local kids would be better, unless it is his intention to actually join the club properly. To maintain kids long term I believe the priority is to maximise opportunities for locals first and foremost.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments - please tell me what part of my questions in the my post above are incorrect?

As I stated if you were running with 12-15 thirds aged players then topping up with fourths kids like the vast majority of teams in the league then yeah no worries - help the kid out and slot him in, but when you have a 20+ squad of local dedicated kids then I believe you should be prioritising their playing time first, especially when often you may be required to play 16-a-side which means even less game time for your local kids.
If the boy wants to come and join the side on a permanent basis as after three rounds he can't get a run in his home club then fine - get a clearance properly and name him on your list properly.
In my opinion to do otherwise is poor form.
Clearances don't exist between the IT system AFL Vic and that of the PDFNL.
Aside from that Clubs in other leagues have often played PDFNL juniors without clearances or permits .

Clearances don't exist between the IT system AFL Vic and that of the PDFNL.
Aside from that Clubs in other leagues have often played PDFNL juniors without clearances or permits .

If this is the case what are all the clearances displayed on the following website as it appears to still be currently used for people leaving PDFNL clubs?
http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-6191-0-392923-0&a=CLEAR

So would it be correct to assume that the general public can no longer view who actually has clearance into the various clubs only who is leaving?
Bit like the player points - just gotta believe the rules are being followed?

If this is the case what are all the clearances displayed on the following website as it appears to still be currently used for people leaving PDFNL clubs?
http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-6191-0-392923-0&a=CLEAR

So would it be correct to assume that the general public can no longer view who actually has clearance into the various clubs only who is leaving?
Bit like the player points - just gotta believe the rules are being followed?
sportstg ' clearances ' is for movement within the sportstg database, something I'd have thought was fairly obvious .

sportstg ' clearances ' is for movement within the sportstg database, something I'd have thought was fairly obvious .

Considering how much confusion there is about concerning exactly how the changes and new systems should be and are working, what is fairly obvious to one such as yourself, is not fairly obvious to others, obviously.

It is quite disappointing that when a fair and reasonable question is asked in order to try and better understand the ins and outs of the new systems you now have in place, that it is met with such a contemptuous and dismissive response

Your ambiguous answer has created so many more questions.

Now I am left wondering what checks and balances are actually in place to ensure the systems aren’t routed – you have already stated it is common place for it not being complied with in regards to juniors – what about senior games in regards to finals eligibility etc..........oh yeah – that’s right – you have it ALL UNDER CONTROL – it’s all fairly obvious – YOU know what is going on – no one else needs too, gosh thank you I feel so much more reassured.

Considering how much confusion there is about concerning exactly how the changes and new systems should be and are working, what is fairly obvious to one such as yourself, is not fairly obvious to others, obviously.

It is quite disappointing that when a fair and reasonable question is asked in order to try and better understand the ins and outs of the new systems you now have in place, that it is met with such a contemptuous and dismissive response

Your ambiguous answer has created so many more questions.

Now I am left wondering what checks and balances are actually in place to ensure the systems aren’t routed – you have already stated it is common place for it not being complied with in regards to juniors – what about senior games in regards to finals eligibility etc..........oh yeah – that’s right – you have it ALL UNDER CONTROL – it’s all fairly obvious – YOU know what is going on – no one else needs too, gosh thank you I feel so much more reassured.
You came attacking a club for not lodging a clearance and/or permit , something which is not available to them .
You then attempted to discredit the information that was provided to you that clearances/permitts don't exist between both systems with 'If this is the case what are all the clearances displayed on the following website as it appears to still be currently used for people leaving PDFNL clubs? ".
Whilst adding little snipes along the way and then wanting to play victim.
The timming of you commencing on here , your continual little snipes , posting topics including timming , lack of attention to detail on specific issues provides a really good indication of your intent .

You came attacking a club for not lodging a clearance and/or permit , something which is not available to them .
You then attempted to discredit the information that was provided to you that clearances/permitts don't exist between both systems with 'If this is the case what are all the clearances displayed on the following website as it appears to still be currently used for people leaving PDFNL clubs? ".
Whilst adding little snipes along the way and then wanting to play victim.
The timming of you commencing on here , your continual little snipes , posting topics including timming , lack of attention to detail on specific issues provides a really good indication of your intent .

Well actually - I was not attacking a club for not lodging a clearance - I was stating that in my opinion that when they have a full list they should be giving local kids priority and not topping up from elsewhere - looking after local kids first and foremost.
I do find it interesting that you have stated that the boy played without clearance or permit though.

You know full well that my initial comments on this and other forums was in regards to how juniors from this league are viewed elsewhere - why do you have a problem with someone wanting to speak out for the interests of PDFNL juniors?

Continual little snipes??? I have and will continue to call out false statements and query information that doesn't make sense and expect accountability. I would have thought in your position given the circumstances the league is now in you would welcome the opportunity to get as much clarification and information out to the general population on just how you now operate and be wanting to make it as successful and positive as possible.

Well actually - I was not attacking a club for not lodging a clearance - I was stating that in my opinion that when they have a full list they should be giving local kids priority and not topping up from elsewhere - looking after local kids first and foremost.
I do find it interesting that you have stated that the boy played without clearance or permit though.

You know full well that my initial comments on this and other forums was in regards to how juniors from this league are viewed elsewhere - why do you have a problem with someone wanting to speak out for the interests of PDFNL juniors?

Continual little snipes??? I have and will continue to call out false statements and query information that doesn't make sense and expect accountability. I would have thought in your position given the circumstances the league is now in you would welcome the opportunity to get as much clarification and information out to the general population on just how you now operate and be wanting to make it as successful and positive as possible.
It appeared as though you were having a crack at the club for not lodging a clearance .
' get a clearance properly '
As per your initial post upon here and funny enough almost if not every post since , if you asked a question without first loading it with your bias or opinion, you would most likely get a different response.
You have claimed ' false statements ' which have been proven to be correct.

Opinions please

The Roar - please read above my original post concerning the boy who played for katunga last weekend - I have underlined parts I would appreciate if you particularly could note where I specifically ask to get better understanding of the situation.
I was under the assumption he would have played on a permit as I was not aware these or clearances were no longer necessary but I did ask what the rules were etc in an effort to appreciate the new environment the league is operating in.

You have made the statement to me that " if you asked a question without first loading it with your bias or opinion, you would most likely get a different response." is that not exactly what I did in this post? I asked if people believed it was fair to the local kids, I asked if the league approves and encourages this, I asked what the rules are now.
Only in conclusion did I state my bias to looking after local kids - sorry if you don't approve of the fact I care about juniors within the league, but that I can't and won't change.

Opinions from fellow pdfnl people please...

Does anyone else think browntown represents AFLGM?

Well I guess you’re saying that depends...

When did he join? Well just before the affiliation agreement decision

What’s most of his posts about? Juniors and rules and a lot about the failings of the website . You know things AFLGM had to offer.

Has he said anything positive about a club or the league in particular the board? Well no in fact in all his posts he disagrees with everything the board has done pretty much.

Has he been nice to fellow posters who disagree with him? Well no he is downright rude and claims to be victimised whilst at same time using large paragraphs to demean anyone who disagrees with him/her. Funny that’s how afl do things in the media play the man.

Does he have a posting pattern? Well yes he does seem to post questions about rules after every weekend.

Why would someone from AFLGM go to all this trouble wilty ?? Well AFLGM cost AFLvic around $80k by losing us and that’s just the start then there is the prospect of other leagues seeing they can go it alone and the more that leave the more pressure on junior pathways so their last little claim for existence starts to disappear. Geez they may lose their jobs.

To be fair though he does claim to care about juniors but it’s funny because he uses the line used by AFLvic to promote their points and salary cap system and that is that everyone should focus on their own local talent it’s all about the locals.

To be fair to us I reckon all our clubs do a great job of that anyway.

But I hear you ask does he attack other leagues and how they treat their juniors especially major leagues that poach our juniors? Not that I’ve noticed I think he may be focused solely on us.

Anyway just asking the question interesting how this new system of two completely separate governing bodies progresses.

Prior to the posting the questions above, I asked the question on the NW forum how the clearance and permit system was now working - you were tagged in the post which was an unbiased genuine attempt to gain an understanding on the current situation - but you chose not to respond but then chose to make derogatory remarks on this forum when I further inquired to gain understanding with what appeared to be contradictory information regarding the situation.
Just find it an extremely interesting situation that now exists.
Your tagging someone else .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back