Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone's thoughts on Blighty v Yarroweyah?
Celebrating that blighty has won their first game for a few years or think they shouldn't of got 5 players from VFL who probably won't play again to achieve it?

What's everyone's thoughts on Blighty v Yarroweyah?
Celebrating that blighty has won their first game for a few years or think they shouldn't of got 5 players from VFL who probably won't play again to achieve it?
Wow. Nice to see blighty get the long awaited win but if it's the case of using 5 VFL players to get it against the struggling hoppers it sort of stains it.

Not sure they had 5 VFL players running around....
I was going off reports from yarroweyah people.
Might not have been 5x VFL players but it seems like they definitely brought in players.

What's everyone's thoughts of the first full round results?
It will be a big game between Tungamah and Katandra this week

I was going off reports from yarroweyah people.
Might not have been 5x VFL players but it seems like they definitely brought in players.

What's everyone's thoughts of the first full round results?
It will be a big game between Tungamah and Katandra this week
They look to have had some ringins for the twos. Not so sure about seniors (all players from last week seem to have been picked again this week). Probably moreso reflects the journey ahead for yarroweyah to stay afloat and become competitive once again. I can't remember the last time they were even a sniff of finals or a winning season. Looks like the progress they were making has all gone out the door again

Think results were as expected, although the margins for katty katandra and Tunga Rennie were the opposite of what I expected

They look to have had some ringins for the twos. Not so sure about seniors (all players from last week seem to have been picked again this week). Probably moreso reflects the journey ahead for yarroweyah to stay afloat and become competitive once again. I can't remember the last time they were even a sniff of finals or a winning season. Looks like the progress they were making has all gone out the door again

Think results were as expected, although the margins for katty katandra and Tunga Rennie were the opposite of what I expected
Yarroweyah tilt at a senior flag coincided with ex junior players returning who had played in their grand final loss to Strathy in 2010 ? Unfortunately it also coincided with the league returning to be one division .

What's peoples thoughts on the ring ins when mfl clubs have the bye. I can see it possibly costing a club a finals spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just throwing it out there , I can see the good of it when a homegrown player comes back and plays or when clubs get a big fish like mathoura did for promotion. But just does not quite sit right when clubs drag players in from a nearby league for a one off when they don't really have anything to do with the club any other time of the year. And it's just not seniors where it's happens

Just throwing it out there , I can see the good of it when a homegrown player comes back and plays or when clubs get a big fish like mathoura did for promotion. But just does not quite sit right when clubs drag players in from a nearby league for a one off when they don't really have anything to do with the club any other time of the year. And it's just not seniors where it's happens
It happens more so at junior level I would think. Kids just want to play and are happy to change leagues for a week to do so. I would think most clubs wouldn’t let their contracted senior players play elsewhere. Risk of injury isn’t worth it.

On the 5 players, I thought there was a rule brought in a couple years ago that there no more than 3 players are allowed to come in per team?

What's peoples thoughts on the ring ins when mfl clubs have the bye. I can see it possibly costing a club a finals spot
What's the process in relation to clearances for the day to play in the PDFL, being unaffiliated do they run under the same rules
From memory any player coming out of the PDFL doesnt require a clearance

It happens more so at junior level I would think. Kids just want to play and are happy to change leagues for a week to do so. I would think most clubs wouldn’t let their contracted senior players play elsewhere. Risk of injury isn’t worth it.

On the 5 players, I thought there was a rule brought in a couple years ago that there no more than 3 players are allowed to come in per team?

Does the league still have any area agreements active with any of the leagues or associations listed in the football regulations?

Doesn’t that allow kids to play in pdfnl if their team has a bye in another league (eg MFL) or viceversa if their pdfnl team has a bye or no opposition such as the 3rds, or for pdfnl kids to play with the junior leagues who play Friday nights or Sundays?
What is the official rules on that???
Or is it irrelevant now with everyone else on PlayHQ?

Heard that same story. Very true. Unsure why...
I believe a few recent differences of opinions between Col & the rest of the board led to a mutual agreement to part ways! From what I understand there was no malice in anyone's decision's or actions just a straightforward separation..... 👍🏾

Does the league still have any area agreements active with any of the leagues or associations listed in the football regulations?

Doesn’t that allow kids to play in pdfnl if their team has a bye in another league (eg MFL) or viceversa if their pdfnl team has a bye or no opposition such as the 3rds, or for pdfnl kids to play with the junior leagues who play Friday nights or Sundays?
What is the official rules on that???
Or is it irrelevant now with everyone else on PlayHQ?
I don’t think there is any area agreements in play. My understanding is players in Murray FL and others leagues can play as long as they get the all clear from home club.
There’s no trace with the between the leagues being on different platforms.

I don’t think there is any area agreements in play. My understanding is players in Murray FL and others leagues can play as long as they get the all clear from home club.
There’s no trace with the between the leagues being on different platforms.

So as it stands, a player could be simultaneously registered with a PDL club and an AFL Victoria affiliated club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back