NRL NRL 2024 - Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 9th May
Dolphins vs Manly-Warringah (Suncorp Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 10th May
Penrith vs Canterbury-Bankstown (BlueBet Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Brisbane (CommBank Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 11th May
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Scully Park, Tamworth - 15:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs South Sydney (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Cronulla-Sutherland (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th May
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 14:00)
Gold Coast vs North Queensland (Cbus Super Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canberra

The Turbo one was high it’s a penalty don’t hit the bloke high it’s fairly simple actually aim lower. Soft yes but it’s high. Simply put these players have life after footy they don’t need more head issues we have seen players retire becuase of it.

In that case every tackle made will result in a penalty - but regardless that’s my exact point. Straight away there’s a level of discretion there. There’s no element of risk or danger to the player so they eliminate the sin bin as a punishment.

In that case every tackle made will result in a penalty - but regardless that’s my exact point. Straight away there’s a level of discretion there. There’s no element of risk or danger to the player so they eliminate the sin bin as a punishment.

They won't because players will learn to not aim high as they have generally, look at how Carrigan tackles, or Yeo tackles for two with perfect techniques, Radley is someone who has completely changed his technique for the better too. Players will get the message with not hitting kickers at all, key word being at all. You can pressure but you don't hit the legs or lower limbs it is and should be that simple

They won't because players will learn to not aim high as they have generally, look at how Carrigan tackles, or Yeo tackles for two with perfect techniques, Radley is someone who has completely changed his technique for the better too. Players will get the message with not hitting kickers at all, key word being at all. You can pressure but you don't hit the legs or lower limbs it is and should be that simple

No they won’t.

And if they do, the fabric of the game will change and kickers will have no pressure whatsoever. What an utter abortion.

They’ve already GOT the message mate. That’s what big suspensions and PROPER sin bins and send offs for actually ATTACKING the legs does.

Hence Harry Grant pressures the kicker then realises ‘I can’t get to him without endangering him, so I’ll bail out and not endanger him’ which is EXACTLY what he did. He didn’t endanger him, there was no risk at all to the kicker, and as such the rules they’ve put in place worked. No damage done, no risk to the kicker, the rules have worked.

So where is the need to pull this stupid new interpretation out of their arse? To protect players from being NOT hurt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back