Opinion North Melbourne Priority Picks Part 2 - 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus wept...

You're paying a guy 1.1-1.6 million a year for the lofty goals of not being the worst side in the competition?

It's worse than I thought.

Fold the club at that point.

You wouldn't have a clue what he's on, and yes, we might go the way of Sth Melbourne.

It is what it is...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wouldn't have a clue what he's on, and yes, we might go the way of Sth Melbourne.

It is what it is...

Of course I don't know exactly what he's on but he'd be one of the highest paid coaches in the comp if not the highest.

If he isn't now he will be when Tassie comes in.

Of course I don't know exactly what he's on but he'd be one of the highest paid coaches in the comp if not the highest.

If he isn't now he will be when Tassie comes in.
The money isn't even relevant at this point in time.

What's relevant is getting senior players into lift standards on the track and on game day. Otherwise, we will bleed talent, and it's all for naught anyway.

The list is a hecking shambles with zero leadership. Rawlings needs to be fired into the Sun afaic.

Heads need to roll.

The money isn't even relevant at this point in time.

What's relevant is getting senior players into lift standards on the track and on game day. Otherwise, we will bleed talent, and it's all for naught anyway.

The list is a *ing shambles with zero leadership. Rawlings needs to be fired into the Sun afaic.

Heads need to roll.

Would be amazing if you could swing a Pendles or a Sidebum over for 12 months.

Sidebottom is cooked, wouldn't be anything different to us having Shiels & Greenwood currently.

Sidebottom is cooked, wouldn't be anything different to us having Shiels & Greenwood currently.

Need someone to drive standards. Otherwise your future Rolls Royces are looking up to smiley McDonald as he lets another goal sail through.

Need someone to drive standards. Otherwise your future Rolls Royces are looking up to smiley McDonald as he lets another goal sail through.
Well of course you need players driving standards but in what world does Sidebottom add anything different to what we've had from Shiels & Greenwood?

vAFL needs to take over.

Any more priority picks must be traded for established players with at least 5 years in the system.

What a $hitshow. All self inflicted. It's what you get for shafting and drop kicking all the older players out. No one to show the young kids the ropes.

Monumental disaster. Revolving door of kids wanting to bail out.
Nah. Let North Melbourne become great again!

Let North have the 1st 5 picks of this 2024 draft!

Well of course you need players driving standards but in what world does Sidebottom add anything different to what we've had from Shiels & Greenwood?

Seriously would he be any worse than Stephens or Fisher?

Seriously would he be any worse than Stephens or Fisher?
He probably would as it would be nothing but an exercise of him topping up his bank account at the end of his career.

Need to get rid of Clarko and actually fund themselves a proper coaching team.

$1.6 million per year for 5 years on a has been coach who is basically a soundboard for footy clichés that they play at a post-conference.

He's completely lost the plot.
I worry about him being able to develop the kids.

Playing Powell as a forward will be one way to kill the kids confidence.

McKercher being played off half back getting cheapies through kick ins and playing the outside back receiver role with Sheezel.

Sheezel continuing to play off half back, while the side gets monstered in the middle and struggles for any creative play in the forward half.

The Fisher half back experiment (which should have unlocked either Sheezel or Mckercher to play up the field) being abandoned. Will his sub role this week result in a stint in the VFL for a while?

Can’t blame him for Philips loss of confidence and lack of development. Subbing him won’t do any him any favours though.

Curtis through the middle is baffling considering their lack of scoring options up forward and how dangerous he looks there. He attended almost the same amount of CBAs than Sheezel, Mckercher and Powell combined.

His more experienced players have gone backwards. Simpkin doesn’t look right. Corr is under the pump with no support but he looks a shell of his self. Zurhaars had a poor year but was decent yesterday with LDU in a similar boat. MacDonald is also struggling.

On the positive side Duursma has looked good, surprisingly playing in the position he’s best suited to and Xerri is playing solid football now he has been allowed to settle finally as number one ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to ask a genuine question because here because I didn't follow the game back then, How the hell did North win 2 premierships in the 90s ? were they a rich club with big following back then ??
They were a tough and innovative club. And money for facilities and coaches didn't matter as much either back then

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFLs limp “assistance package” was nothing more than a PR stunt. At no point will the AFL need North (and others) to be better than a 15th to 10th team.

The competition is a pantomime wrestling match.

The Tarryn Thomas debacle warrants a compensation priority pick on its own. 18 week suspension and Geelong have already signed him up.
you know North didn't have to release him from his contract right? that's a voluntary decision, The Tigers didn't severe Pickets, and he's awaiting trial.

at no point does that warrant compensation any more than say Brayshaw/Melbourne

Not interested in either.

Pendles is 38ish, and i doubt he smears his legacy on this shitshow, Sidearse, is cooked.

There are plenty of UFAs out there, and we'll have to overpay to bring them in for a year or 2, which is fine.

Tuohy, McDonald, Howe, maybe a Guthrie type mid etc

1 for each line would be nice

Not sure if any quality is up for grabs via trade and I doubt the club is even open to trading 1st rounders at this stage.

They are still making terrible decisions now, its not just hangover from 5-6 years ago.

How long is that Dylan Stephens contract ffs.

I think one very underrated player who has helped make Gold Coast a half-decent side is Sam Collins, a player who was unfairly delisted, worked hard in the state leagues and made it back to being a regular AFL starting player. Not the most talented, but he had the hunger and drive and a mature body. That's what North need to become more respectable in the short term, not another 18 year old who will only be a decent contributor in 4-5 years. At the end of last year, they should have been given the same ability to recruit state league players outside of the draft that Gold Coast used to get Collins, because Shaun Mannagh and Sam Clohesy could have come in and started right away.

Last edited:
Not interested in either.

Pendles is 38ish, and i doubt he smears his legacy on this shitshow, Sidearse, is cooked.

There are plenty of UFAs out there, and we'll have to overpay to bring them in for a year or 2, which is fine.

Tuohy, McDonald, Howe, maybe a Guthrie type mid etc

1 for each line would be nice

Not sure if any quality is up for grabs via trade and I doubt the club is even open to trading 1st rounders at this stage.

Frost is OOC this year I believe.

A Clarkson favourite. Actually defends and can play small/tall. Works hard. Has been in very good form this year and sensible with ball in hand.

Wouldn't be surprised if we offered him 1 year and you guys come in with 2-3.

Frost is OOC this year I believe.

A Clarkson favourite. Actually defends and can play small/tall. Works hard. Has been in very good form this year and sensible with ball in hand.

Wouldn't be surprised if we offered him 1 year and you guys come in with 2-3.
I'd take just about any senior players over what we have. It's not just the young blokes that need a chop out, our seniors players need a lift too. The whole teams confidence is shot to ribbons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back