NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day at the footy.

West gave st Mary’s a massive scare in the 2s but weren’t good enough in the end. 4 goals in a row in the last to get back within 15 and missed a chance to get back within 9. Stick together and surely a flag chance next season.

Seniors I thought st Mary’s controlled the game all day and should have put Panton Hill out of game. Panton hill were right in it. Unfortunately their forward line didn’t fire as you would have hoped. Amazing effort for Panton hill a club with limited juniors. St Mary’s much deserving and the skys the limit to how far their club can go.
Well deserved for St Mary’s, we’ll wait and see how the list changes prior to next season as to how well they travel. Would think at this stage they’re ahead of Watsonia and Stars. Not that you ever want to lose them but probably a blessing for Panton Hill. I think these days div 2 is just a bit beyond them for the time being. Perhaps if they can consolidate for a year or two and get depth into Ressies, as well as continue with thirds, then they can look to push and make a go of the higher level.

Congratulations to st Mary’s, fantastic reward for staying the course and trusting there junior program. They will be ok in Div 2!

It will be interesting to see if St Marys go after all the 1 pointer juniors that left the club to play in a higher division that are now at other clubs.

Old Eltham Turtles putting in a request to join the NFNL for season 2019 and looking to align with Research juniors. Would impact Lower big time but will help to keep Div 3 a 9 team comp in 2019.
If Turtles are accepted, they won’t be aligning with Research Juniors. Research Juniors have committed to Lower Plenty as per “memorandum of understanding” signed by both clubs at commencement of NFL. Prior to NFL it there was no signed agreement but DVFL acknowledged association.

If Turtles are accepted, they won’t be aligning with Research Juniors. Research Juniors have committed to Lower Plenty as per “memorandum of understanding” signed by both clubs at commencement of NFL. Prior to NFL it there was no signed agreement but DVFL acknowledged association.

Yep no chance in hell Research juniors align with Eltham College over Lower.

Junior teams can have multiple MOU’s. Not saying they are or aren’t aligning because I’ve got no idea but just stating the fact.

Junior teams can have multiple MOU’s. Not saying they are or aren’t aligning because I’ve got no idea but just stating the fact.
Perhaps but they’ve stated they won’t be having any dealings with Turtles. I know the League may be desperate to get teams in but a backward move if their accepted in my opinion. One bad season and they could either fold or head back like Parkside.

Perhaps but they’ve stated they won’t be having any dealings with Turtles. I know the League may be desperate to get teams in but a backward move if their accepted in my opinion. One bad season and they could either fold or head back like Parkside.

Has there been an attempt for Lower to get there own juniors.

What other teams would you approach? There aren't just an array of sides just sitting in the Nillumbik/banyule shire begging to join. Seems like a win win. If they succeed great, if they dont then no loss to the league. But having an odd number of teams in divisions and sides playing each other 3 times is more backwards than anything.

Won't matter anyway because you can't stop juniors going to whichever senior club they feel like playing at.... and I don't think that the NFNL will stop a side coming in just because they don't have a MOU or junior affiliation.

It will be interesting to see if St Marys go after all the 1 pointer juniors that left the club to play in a higher division that are now at other clubs.

Would seem like a prudent move wouldn't it? Petroro & Mossuto worked well this year and both were St.Marys juniors.

Any coaching news? Who is looking for a new coach?

I heard that West were going after Gary Ramsay but I'm hearing now that Monty have got him a teaching job and that he will be returning to very near his old Lower stomping ground in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on that "acknowledged association" - How is BOOMER not a 1 pointer at North due to the Preston RSL affliation...?

Won't matter anyway because you can't stop juniors going to whichever senior club they feel like playing at.... and I don't think that the NFNL will stop a side coming in just because they don't have a MOU or junior affiliation.

Would seem like a prudent move wouldn't it? Petroro & Mossuto worked well this year and both were St.Marys juniors.

I heard that West were going after Gary Ramsay but I'm hearing now that Monty have got him a teaching job and that he will be returning to very near his old Lower stomping ground in 2019.

Petroro never played st.marys juniors maybe thinking of galea
Cant see the club chasing any of those players, those who decide it's time to head home will be welcomed back, not as if the burra had a points problem on field this season. Can see them chasing a couple of big fish from D1 who might be unhappy with egos at their current clubs

Based on that "acknowledged association" - How is BOOMER not a 1 pointer at North due to the Preston RSL affliation...?
Could that perhaps have something to do with them no longer being aligned? North are with Bundoora Park Juniors.

Petroro never played st.marys juniors maybe thinking of galea
Cant see the club chasing any of those players, those who decide it's time to head home will be welcomed back, not as if the burra had a points problem on field this season. Can see them chasing a couple of big fish from D1 who might be unhappy with egos at their current clubs

Petroro previously played Burra U19 in 2011. Junior / Senior cusp... but the point remains about going after former juniors.

Well if the league do their due diligence they would be mad to let the Turtles in considering the basket case they were this season. No certainty to survive the season and would want to guarantee that they have the players, just like Ressa and Lalor had to. Don’t need it going back to the old days of the DVFL letting in Thornbury, Fairfield, Coburg Ammos and Fawkner Park who couldn’t sustain themselves and fell over.

Correct, but hes not a one pointer which was your main point

Actually that wasn't my point at all. I didn't mention points. If they fit in with points they fit in and that's a totally separate argument.
My point was about them immediately fitting the culture and having prior ties with the club which a lot of 'recruits' don't.

Well if the league do their due diligence they would be mad to let the Turtles in considering the basket case they were this season. No certainty to survive the season and would want to guarantee that they have the players, just like Ressa and Lalor had to. Don’t need it going back to the old days of the DVFL letting in Thornbury, Fairfield, Coburg Ammos and Fawkner Park who couldn’t sustain themselves and fell over.
My sources say its likely they will be joining. Id trust the league will put them through their paces rather than just have the write an email saying "hey can we join ya league"

Could that perhaps have something to do with them no longer being aligned? North are with Bundoora Park Juniors.
In the 80's and 90's Preston RSL were a feeder club to North... Actually paid their fees.
There wouldn't be a person from the time that wouldn't be able to link a "acknowledged association" between the two club would be lying or uneducated... There is a big injustice with the way AFLVIC handled that case - North have succeeded in any event but the ruling on making Brent a 6 pointer is laughable (especially if Research / Lower had similar clerical issues)

In the 80's and 90's Preston RSL were a feeder club to North... Actually paid their fees.
There wouldn't be a person from the time that wouldn't be able to link a "acknowledged association" between the two club would be lying or uneducated... There is a big injustice with the way AFLVIC handled that case - North have succeeded in any event but the ruling on making Brent a 6 pointer is laughable (especially if Research / Lower had similar clerical issues)
I suppose it helps that Research still exist and they/we had an under 19’s that was called Research/Lower Plenty at the time which is historically documented. Also the junior club are very good in maintaining their history which helps when a burden of proof is required. I’m not to sure what survives from the RSL/Nth era if anything.

I suppose it helps that Research still exist and they/we had an under 19’s that was called Research/Lower Plenty at the time which is historically documented. Also the junior club are very good in maintaining their history which helps when a burden of proof is required. I’m not to sure what survives from the RSL/Nth era if anything.
Yeah... I'm not potting Research / Lower understanding - Common sense prevailed and amongst local footy we used a level of judgement obviously...

The BOOMER case really grates me (and thats from an outsiders view point) as there are rules in place that allowed AFLVIC to use the same discretion, for the games record holder, that wanted to play at his home club... Conversely, they made life difficult for a club that was at the time trying to re-build and unfairly wouldn't budge on a ridiculous decision.

Brent went back to a club that he grew up around, that's the essence of the guidelines, he chose to help them rather than play for big wads of cash and they flexed their muscles for the sake of administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back