NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I'm not potting Research / Lower understanding - Common sense prevailed and amongst local footy we used a level of judgement obviously...

The BOOMER case really grates me (and thats from an outsiders view point) as there are rules in place that allowed AFLVIC to use the same discretion, for the games record holder, that wanted to play at his home club... Conversely, they made life difficult for a club that was at the time trying to re-build and unfairly wouldn't budge on a ridiculous decision.

Brent went back to a club that he grew up around, that's the essence of the guidelines, he chose to help them rather than play for big wads of cash and they flexed their muscles for the sake of administration.
Couldn’t agree more. Should have been a 1 pointer it’s as simple as that.

Probably need to inform the competition clubs I’d imagine and will also probably wait until season is complete. I’m hearing it’s not a done deal.
League had a board meeting on Tuesday and have said Yes and have called a meeting with clubs to vote.

Probably need to inform the competition clubs I’d imagine and will also probably wait until season is complete. I’m hearing it’s not a done deal.
Clubs have been called to vote from all reports. Not sure of the ratio required but can’t imagine many clubs would fussed.

cant see clubs voting against it if it means they can lock in a win, Lalor and rezza im sure will vote yes and cant see others denying it
Well if it happens clubs can expect a few forfeits in the 2’s. And good luck with the facilities. The opposition change room is a plastered up box which is located in the social rooms, the home side get changed in a cafeteria across the road and spectator facilities are atrocious, With one toilet available for each gender, no undercover area unless you count the bus shelter 20 metres off the fence. Should be a hoot:think:

Well if it happens clubs can expect a few forfeits in the 2’s. And good luck with the facilities. The opposition change room is a plastered up box which is located in the social rooms, the home side get changed in a cafeteria across the road and spectator facilities are atrocious, With one toilet available for each gender, no undercover area unless you count the bus shelter 20 metres off the fence. Should be a hoot:think:

A toilet for every gender?

s**t, that’s a lot of toilets in 2018....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great appointment by Lalor. Changed west and lifted themto contenders time to see the same at Lalor.

Didnt change much about them at all, the club found some money and bought some players, hes not a good coach so any steps lalor take in the right direction wont be because of his coaching that's for sure

Didnt change much about them at all, the club found some money and bought some players, hes not a good coach so any steps lalor take in the right direction wont be because of his coaching that's for sure
Lalor appointed new whiteboard holder for 2019. Unlikely to go far

Bit quite so having a flick through this div3 forum and can’t help but post my thoughts.
Gee whiz you both have unloaded here. I don’t know the guy and wouldn’t know where HW ground is but it can’t be easy coaching in div3 in any league. Most get paid peanuts and do it purely to stay involved in a footy club or use it as a platform to hopefully move up to coach higher. Not a lot of people lining up to coach in the lower grades..The only time I would unload on a coach in these low divisions would be if they are inciting players to go the man and not playing the right brand of footy. Otherwise give them some credit..

so 9 teams next year providing the Turtles get the nod tonight

Any chance the NFL offer another div 3 club (panton hill) the opportunity to come up to div 2 next year to even them out at 10-10-8?

so 9 teams next year providing the Turtles get the nod tonight

Any chance the NFL offer another div 3 club (panton hill) the opportunity to come up to div 2 next year to even them out at 10-10-8?

Very very unlikely, and doubt panton hill would want to jump straight back up after struggling and getting back on their feet this year

Very very unlikely, and doubt panton hill would want to jump straight back up after struggling and getting back on their feet this year
So will it be another season of no relegation for div 2? Winner of div 3 to come up and make it 10 team comp. I’ll give the College 2-3 years tops and then the League will have egg on its face. Can’t see them competing with surrounding clubs and surviving. They are not in an area of substantial growth and only way they can survive is by weakening other clubs to get players. Div 1 clubs and most of div 2 won’t give 2 hoots and will vote them in anyway, but it’ll be a failure, with the League probably hoping they’ll survive long enough until another more credentialed and progressive replacement pops up.

So will it be another season of no relegation for div 2? Winner of div 3 to come up and make it 10 team comp. I’ll give the College 2-3 years tops and then the League will have egg on its face. Can’t see them competing with surrounding clubs and surviving. They are not in an area of substantial growth and only way they can survive is by weakening other clubs to get players. Div 1 clubs and most of div 2 won’t give 2 hoots and will vote them in anyway, but it’ll be a failure, with the League probably hoping they’ll survive long enough until another more credentialed and progressive replacement pops up.
Did someone from the turtles sleep with your missus?

The league needs 10/10/10 to be strong. If they don’t make it then guess what? it’ll mean the league tried and they lose nothing.

As for weakening sides they are a functioning club. They have functioned along all these sides for many years. They aren’t starting a kangaroo ground football club from scratch and stealing 5 players from each neighboring club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back