List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - Blues set to be active!

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

He looks real good.....How old is he?

Tell me more

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Current Northern Bullant former Northern Blue.

25 years of age.

Has been considered by multiple clubs in past AFL drafts but never given an opportunity.

Undersized (sub-180cm) but can play all over the park.

Prolific ball winner at VFL level. Can kick consistently 40+ meters. Quite a few 50+ goals.

Potential for a Cincotta-like story.

Would fit in with the potential strategy of going one tall, one small.

Current Northern Bullant former Northern Blue.

25 years of age.

Has been considered by multiple clubs in past AFL drafts but never given an opportunity.

Undersized (sub-180cm) but can play all over the park.

Prolific ball winner at VFL level. Can kick consistently 40+ meters. Quite a few 50+ goals.

Potential for a Cincotta-like story.

Would fit in with the potential strategy of going one tall, one small.
Sounds good. What's the knock?

Just undersize or is there something else?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get me a physically developed key defender and a midfielder with pace who can attend centre bounces. Just something to help the VFL team and be available for injuries.

Get me a physically developed key defender and a midfielder with pace who can attend centre bounces. Just something to help the VFL team and be available for injuries.
No thanks. I'd rather Lemmey continue to develop as a key defender. And honestly if there's no chance of them playing AFL in their prefered position then I don't think we should draft them. That rules out mids IMO.

Small forwards, third tall forwards and rebounding defenders are the go imo.

No thanks. I'd rather Lemmey continue to develop as a key defender. And honestly if there's no chance of them playing AFL in their prefered position then I don't think we should draft them. That rules out mids IMO.

Absolutely, we look at drafting someone who can potentially impact the best 22 down the track, if not immediately.

We have enough decent VFL listed players to cobble together an adequate midfield at the lower level. However, if there is a kid or a state/country leaguer hidden out there, we absolutely should consider them.

We do not need “top ups”. Rucks are good, Sam Durdin was suspension not injury, so we have sufficient “big boppa”coverage. While missing Doc’s coverage in the guts, we have plenty of options. Our defensive injuries will right themselves prior to the mid season draft and we have plenty of smalls and developing outside types.

QUALITY is required, if available. If there are no standouts available at our pick, grab a kid with some potential upside. Not advocating specifically, but we have a Vic Metro KPD in Mardini on our VFL list (been injured), surprise 3rd forward/undersized KPF Rudd on our list and diamond in the rough decorated mid/defender Sruk on our list, just looking at the recent National draft. A couple of nice highlights packages doing the rounds for mature prospects as well.

I honestly would rather the picks not be used than ripping someone out if their established environment for a couple of months as top ups. If it comes down to that, we “must” reward our one or two of our VFL boys who would not be uprooted to get a probable short term taste.

Absolutely, we look at drafting someone who can potentially impact the best 22 down the track, if not immediately.

We have enough decent VFL listed players to cobble together an adequate midfield at the lower level. However, if there is a kid or a state/country leaguer hidden out there, we absolutely should consider them.

We do not need “top ups”. Rucks are good, Sam Durdin was suspension not injury, so we have sufficient “big boppa”coverage. While missing Doc’s coverage in the guts, we have plenty of options. Our defensive injuries will right themselves prior to the mid season draft and we have plenty of smalls and developing outside types.

QUALITY is required, if available. If there are no standouts available at our pick, grab a kid with some potential upside. Not advocating specifically, but we have a Vic Metro KPD in Mardini on our VFL list (been injured), surprise 3rd forward/undersized KPF Rudd on our list and diamond in the rough decorated mid/defender Sruk on our list, just looking at the recent National draft. A couple of nice highlights packages doing the rounds for mature prospects as well.

I honestly would rather the picks not be used than ripping someone out if their established environment for a couple of months as top ups. If it comes down to that, we “must” reward our one or two of our VFL boys who would not be uprooted to get a probable short term taste.
Anyone know what is going on with the mysterious 3rd FWD Rudd?
For all the excellent media releases concerning our AFL side, it wouldn't take too much trouble to include the VFL team occasionally.

Names are irrelevant…

You’d think we’d break it down to areas of need, then skill sets that are most important to us in that area of need… Then pick the best available, in that position and with the best skill set…
What if his name was “Ace Skillset”?
Bet we’d pick him up.

Mids with a point of difference are always welcome.

Lemmey may or may not make it. He's still young and raw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back