List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - Blues set to be active!

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re all hoping for a 200 game player who has been overlooked..
Imo pick best 195cm+ defender available (regardless of age)
Use other pick on someone 22 or under/someone just overlooked who has ONE elite characteristic (tho maybe not a winger) I mean questionable this even exists.
Dunno
Won’t hold my breath

Dom Brew putting up insane tackle numbers.

Might be a bit old though and tbh never really seen him play a full game.

Dom Brew putting up insane tackle numbers.

Might be a bit old though and tbh never really seen him play a full game.

An old Brew?

Probably lost all his hops by now...

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

Would love a Frank on the list. Not enough running around at the moment.

Not sure if he's been mentioned but I'd take a look at Kobe Ryan.

Really improved his game since his draft year.
Averaging in the SANFL
26 touches
10 tackles
7 clearances
1 goal.

Watching his vision compared to his junior year he's attack on the ball has improved as has his ability to work off his opponent.

Question mark slightly on his kicking for me but that's it really.

Only 20 years old also.

Not sure if he's been mentioned but I'd take a look at Kobe Ryan.

Really improved his game since his draft year.
Averaging in the SANFL
26 touches
10 tackles
7 clearances
1 goal.

Watching his vision compared to his junior year he's attack on the ball has improved as has his ability to work off his opponent.

Question mark slightly on his kicking for me but that's it really.

Only 20 years old also.
From one of our informed posters last year following the 2022 draft.....

"Carlton have told Kobe Ryan (West Adelaide) that they will be watching him very closely this year.

He was still on the board for us - but we had no list spots available."

Just saw this. Will delete my duplicate post.

This guys is ******* electric

Yeah the level is a bit suss as I think a lot of it is SANFL ressies but certainly worth a look at with those traits.

I asked a mate who is clued in on the SA junior scene and he essentially said
  • Had his best year last year and spent more time up and around ball
  • Previously pure small fwd and struggled with the consistency that comes with that role
  • Not sure if AFL standard but could be worth a look for 6 months
We need a Frank though…think of all the Ferris puns!!

Last edited:
Yeah the level is a bit suss as I think a lot of it is SANFL ressies but certainly worth a look at with those traits.

• Previously pure small fwd and struggled with the consistency that comes with that role

Unsure we need more Ferris puns, they aren’t all that creative at the best of times, to be Frank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Names are irrelevant…

You’d think we’d break it down to areas of need, then skill sets that are most important to us in that area of need… Then pick the best available, in that position and with the best skill set…

McLachlan: "With Pick 12, Carlton select....a small forward with elite top speed, acceleration and aggression who can sit on heads, never drops marks, and kicks goals from either pocket? Nick, you need to pick a player, you can't invent one!"

Austin: "Names are irrelevant. Give us our player."

Fox Sports:
Concerning Joe Tessitore GIF by ABC Network

I actually hate musicals. But now that Carlton is finally good again... We are Less Miserables ;)
I too hate musicals Mr. Edson - except Grease & The Nightmare Before Christmas! - but I'm a big Liam Neeson fan (who played Jean Valjean in the '98 movie opposite Geoffrey Rush) - having been born in the same hospital as him in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. And yes, if we beat the Pies on Friday, we will be the opposite of Les Misérables.

A pickup of the quality of Jordan Boyd will do me

It's interesting isn't it? Boyd has decent pace, is an elite kick and has good defensive skills. How do you get a player like in a midseason draft? Usually, there'd be a lack of pace or skills involved. What a find!

Or could we get Smartt?

It's interesting isn't it? Boyd has decent pace, is an elite kick and has good defensive skills. How do you get a player like in a midseason draft? Usually, there'd be a lack of pace or skills involved. What a find!

Boyd was a highly unusual case. Wasn't part of the typical elite pathway (Western Jets) and ended up at Footscray VFL as a 20 year-old. Played one solid season and then sat out an entire year due to COVID.

At the time we drafted him, he was a 182cm mature age player who hadn't played elite junior footy, had played just a handful of games and didn't have a clear position even at VFL level, and who had just sat out 12 months due to a pandemic. You can see why he was still there...

I reckon we should have a look at Casey Voss. Has won just about every award possible in the SANFL as a general defender - is a good intercept, mark and kick, and can push up onto the wing as well. With Docherty out and Cincotta awol, he's at least worht a look. The downsides are that he is pretty slow, but at 183cm and 88kgs he's basically the same physically as his dad who could play a bit back in the day (but might play a bit more like his uncle... which would fill a need anyway)

Pick 20 in the 2021 mid season rookie draft.

What a steal :thumbsu:

So if looking for a ready-to-go prospect to fill a current need, what position/role are we most in need of?

Seems there's a couple of small forwards in the frame but probably don't get to our pick. Same with the best talls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back