List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - Blues set to be active!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Carlton Head of Football Brad Lloyd has confirmed that his club will be active in the upcoming mid-season draft.
The Blues have two list spots available to utilise, given the season-ending injuries suffered by Sam Docherty and Jack Silvagni.

Lloyd said list manager Nick Austin and his team will be getting to work and keeping a close eye on the state leagues.
“We’re going to have a bit of a look. We’ve got a couple of spots there,” Lloyd told SEN’s Sportsday.
“Just from a recruiting point of view, we’ll let these early games evolve across the state leagues.
“We’d like to use a pick in there. We haven’t locked into anyone yet, but the recruiting team has their head down working through that.

Medium forward. We are really missing Jack Silvagni and Jack Martin in there.

If we are looking for players to impact straight away and fill some holes I would be watching

Brodie McLaughlin (former GCS KPF/Back up ruck) Not massive but can play 3rd forward and second ruck. 26 years old. He's a goer that can kick a goal

Trent Bianco. Fmr Pie with good skils and leg speed. 23 years old and can play Wing/HB

Phoenix Spicer. X factor forward who has the skills (maturity & effort the question)

Tom Highmore. Former Saint and good tall defender. 26 years old

Baker Smith. 21 years old Key defender at Port Melbourne. Great mark

If we want to look internally we have Liam McMahon (Tall mobile forward) Heath Ramshaw (Mid) Lachie Young (3rd defender)

All are playing VFL so should get a good idea of how they are going over next 2 months

Last edited:
If we are looking for players to impact straight away and fill some holes I would be watching

Brodie McLaughlin (former GCS KPF/Back up ruck) Not massive but can play 3rd forward and second ruck. 26 years old. He's a goer that can kick a goal

Trent Bianco. Fmr Pie with good skils and leg speed. 23 years old and can play Wing/HB

Phoenix Spicer. X factor forward who has the skills (maturity & effort the question)

Tom Highmore. Former Saint and good tall defender. 26 years old

Baker Smith. 21 years old Key defender at Port Melbourne. Great mark

If we want to look internally we have Liam McMahon (Tall mobile forward) Heath Ramshaw (Mid) Lachie Young (3rd defender)

All are playing VFL so should get a good idea of how they are going over next 2 months
I'm interested to see how Smith progresses this year.
I like his aggression & intercept game.

We have 2 spots... I'd almost consider using one on a recently retired or delisted player who could have impact on a finals run as we possibly will be in the window for a flag. I made the comment about Eddie in another thread, but whether he's eligible and still fit enough could be a something along those lines (remember Dews impact at Hawthorn in that 2008 final series).

But surely we're targeting a midfielder and a forward of sorts but will heavily rely on Fantasia finding form and Martin getting fit (and Durdin and Motlop and Cunningham and Elijah)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George Grey small forward/mid

Jasper Scaife, liked him his draft year, surprised he wasn't picked up KPF

Lachlan Hosie, 189cm forward, can sniff a goal
Hosie looks interesting. Definitely a medium forward type who can definitely find the goal. And we're short a couple of Lachlan's at the club atm.

Medium forward. We are really missing Jack Silvagni and Jack Martin in there.
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that there's a medium forward by the name of Jack Hutchinson - 22yo, 190cm forward from Wonthaggi who's now with Collingwood's VFL. Apparently he ripped the Gippsland League a new one last year, makes a habit of taking hangers similar to Jeremy Howe.

The bad new is that he's tipped to probably get selected at pick 1.

Forgive my ignorance but can anyone of next years 'Son's Of' come into play? Or must they be blokes that have been delisted or undrafted from previous years????

Forgive my ignorance but can anyone of next years 'Son's Of' come into play? Or must they be blokes that have been delisted or undrafted from previous years????
Have to have previously nominated for the national draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back