Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a watch of the two squibs, and yeah they’re pretty horrendous. But from an overall perspective, Rash is bringing more good than bad to the table, as shown above. You don’t drop these players, especially if they’re young

Those moments gotta be coached out of him, though

Ok. I think he thought that the kick was intended for him but was not straight to him, he went to move to it but “squibbed” and went with it one hand. It was in a place where he would have expected contact from a defender but it was Tex that was behind him. I don’t think he would have gone for it if he knew Tex was there so he attempted to go for it
Rachele never took his eye of the ball so didn't know Walker was leading to the ball hence didn't he squib because he never took his eye of the ball. You honestly don't think had he did like you said, he won't be getting s**t from posters after that game like he is getting from last night's game????

Rachele never took his eye of the ball so didn't know Walker was leading to the ball hence didn't he squib because he never took his eye of the ball. You honestly don't think had he did like you said, he won't be getting s**t from posters after that game like he is getting from last night's game????
To me it was a half hearted effort at the ball because he was worried about a defender coming in from behind and collecting him. I’m new to Bigfooty so I’m not sure if people noticed this or not

To me it was a half hearted effort at the ball because he was worried about a defender coming in from behind and collecting him. I’m new to Bigfooty so I’m not sure if people noticed this or not
They would have rip into him like they are doing now instead of saying Walker should have called it was his ball. Yes, it was a lazy attempt which he has form in the past.

Can anyone remember the name of the wingman from power that came from norwood in power first or second year. He was agood player with norwood and was ok with power. He deadset sqibbed in a marking contest on the wing. That was the last game he played with the power. They refused to accept it. Rashele should be dropped this week and made to earn his way back.

Can anyone remember the name of the wingman from power that came from norwood in power first or second year. He was agood player with norwood and was ok with power. He deadset sqibbed in a marking contest on the wing. That was the last game he played with the power. They refused to accept it. Rashele should be dropped this week and made to earn his way back.
It was Donald Dickie, and I sent a good friend of mine a “Donald Dickie” text straight after the first of Rachele’s “efforts” on Friday night, as it immediately came to mind.

I don't agree he s**t his pants because he squibbed it expecting contact.
Josh has come out today and said he wasn't brave enough because he thought contact was coming. Wants to learn from it

Still wouldn't drop him. This would actually be a good case to back him in and see how he responds.

Josh has come out today and said he wasn't brave enough because he thought contact was coming. Wants to learn from it

Still wouldn't drop him. This would actually be a good case to back him in and see how he responds.
Rash doesn’t belong at AFC.

Admits there’s a problem, it’s his doing and commits to fixing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at the time I wanted him dropped. Probably because I was so angry about how we finished the game. Cooler heads prevail - he was otherwise pretty good on the night and I'm happier with him getting the ball more rather than less. He can go over how he manages his response with the coaches but I hope he plays, and plays better, this week. He's still a kid and I think the most important thing for us in a year like this is to let the kids develop as much as possible because the old heads are clearly not taking us to a flag this year.

Completely disagree

Dropping Rachele for making those mistakes sets the standard that some players will be punished for mistakes while others will be backed in. It's a horrible double standard to hold him accountable while Brodie Smith for example (who had to apologise for playing so badly) gets away with it.

If we drop him for that his confidence will be shot and when he returns he'll be playing on edge terrified of making a mistake. He should be backed in and given another chance, only dropped after several poor games
He should be dropped.

But because we allowed Smith and Ned and various others to stay in the team, then we have created such a situation.

FFS

Yeah fair enough, he’s owned it, let’s see how he responds. If anything might make him of a team player and curtail some of the showponey s**t.

Last edited:
I think at the time I wanted him dropped. Probably because I was so angry about how we finished the game. Cooler heads prevail - he was otherwise pretty good on the night and I'm happier with him getting the ball more rather than less. He can go over how he manages his response with the coaches but I hope he plays, and plays better, this week. He's still a kid and I think the most important thing for us in a year like this is to let the kids develop as much as possible because the old heads are clearly not taking us to a flag this year.
Yeah that sums me up as well

Last edited:

We’re a bit bi-polar on this board at times.

The group think is about wanting youth over the tried and tested spuds and past it players yet we also persecute the kids that heck up. I’ve certainly been dragged in to that way of thinking at times out of sheer frustration. I felt that way about Rachele after the weekend. But with the benefit of a couple of days, combined with his mature response, I think it’s pretty clear that he needs to remain in the team at this point.

And still put himself into a position to still win the game with a left foot snap in congestion which just curl too much after those 2 incidents, that's character for you.

This kid is the least of our problems, what about Rory - completely open running into goal and can't hit the side of a barn - Laird

Let's start there, then onto injured and a unreliable Smith

And finally into Nick's love boy McHenry

Address those 3 with Ryan, Curtin and Dowling and move on
Injured and unreliable Smith?? More like cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back