Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't drop Rachele after his last quarter efforts, you start him on the bench to see how he responds next week.

Yes that sounds like a plan. Another week of it, have a spell in the 2's mate.

I really like Rachele, but I've made this observation before that he has huge Chad Wingard vibes about him.

Hopefully he can reach his potential rather than coast on talent like Wingard did.

I definitely wouldn't be dropping him at this stage.

He didn't even have a particularly poor game - he made a couple of bad errors and has things to work on, but he's played 40 games.
Should be nowhere near getting dropped. I'm far more concerned about the second tier of young players at the club who might not be good enough. Rachele is going to be a good AFL footballer.

The problem with the first one was he had too long to think about it, it was just a couple of meters too many.
Instinctively he had no problems going back with the flight, but it’s like going down a dip quickly if you go down for long enough you get that feeling in your stomach.
A couple of meters shorter and he would have gobbled it.
Second one he just stuffed it up completely.

His two marking attempts are concerning, he also did this in the last quarter of the Melbourne game when he got in front of Tex and spilled a mark only going up with one hand. That was also in a very crucial part of the game that should have resulted in a goal. But for me the worst part of his game is his selfishness. He burned a team mate in the third which should have resulted in a goal with an easy handball instead decided to go for the shot, which he nailed but the point is he should have hand balled. Blight would have dragged him for that. His career so far has been littered with this and it’s hurting the team. Stuff like this tends filter through the group, it’s a worry. Nicks needs to make the group more accountable, because they are getting away with this.

You don't drop Rachele after his last quarter efforts, you start him on the bench to see how he responds next week.
I'd actually start him in the centre square. Give him the chance to make amends straight away

His two marking attempts are concerning, he also did this in the last quarter of the Melbourne game when he got in front of Tex and spilled a mark only going up with one hand. That was also in a very crucial part of the game that should have resulted in a goal. But for me the worst part of his game is his selfishness. He burned a team mate in the third which should have resulted in a goal with an easy handball instead decided to go for the shot, which he nailed but the point is he should have hand balled. Blight would have dragged him for that. His career so far has been littered with this and it’s hurting the team. Stuff like this tends filter through the group, it’s a worry. Nicks needs to make the group more accountable, because they are getting away with this.
So he didn't squib when he flew across Walker.

I’m not defending him, I think he puts in some pretty lazy efforts. I’ve seen him stop mid contest to complain to umpires. He gave away that 50 last year against GWS in a important part of the game. He’s a very selfish footballer and it only seems to be getting worse. Nicks needs to stop this in its tracks because I get the feeling that he’s not holding players accountable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went one hand in the first attempt
Because he took his eye of the ball last night, totally different. You don't think the other poster would have commented he "squib" in that other marking attempt when he flew across Walker, no-one commented beside saying Walker should have called Rachele.

Because he took his eye off the ball, totally different.
I’m not seeing your point here. The fact is he was running back with the flight and didn’t make the effort to put his body on the line properly and get two hands in the air to mark the ball because he was worried about what was behind him. In any case not hand balling to McHenry who would have ran into an open goal is more worrying.

Because he took his eye of the ball last night, totally different. You don't think the other poster would have commented he "squib" in that other marking attempt when he flew across Walker, no-one commented beside saying Walker should have called Rachele.
He took his eyes off the ball because he was worried about what was behind him

I really like Rachele, but I've made this observation before that he has huge Chad Wingard vibes about him.

Hopefully he can reach his potential rather than coast on talent like Wingard did.

I definitely wouldn't be dropping him at this stage.
Wingard is the exact comparison my mate and I came up with last night. He's got the tools if he wants to use them.

He didn't even have a particularly poor game - he made a couple of bad errors and has things to work on, but he's played 40 games.
Should be nowhere near getting dropped. I'm far more concerned about the second tier of young players at the club who might not be good enough. Rachele is going to be a good AFL footballer.
But not as good a footballer as Wanganeen-Milera, who we should’ve drafted with this pick, but didn’t, because Hamish makes the wrong choice with literally ever 1st rounder he’s ever used.

He didn't do that when he flew across in front on Walker, lazy attempt yes but it wasn't a "squib". That's my point.
Ok. I think he thought that the kick was intended for him but was not straight to him, he went to move to it but “squibbed” and went with it one hand. It was in a place where he would have expected contact from a defender but it was Tex that was behind him. I don’t think he would have gone for it if he knew Tex was there so he attempted to go for it

But not as good a footballer as Wanganeen-Milera, who we should’ve drafted with this pick, but didn’t, because Hamish makes the wrong choice with literally ever 1st rounder he’s ever used.

Too early to call that I think. Each has a different game style to NWM and I think a higher ceiling - would love to have both of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back