Not-a-cluey Jamie Elliott to Richmond in 2016, 5 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have some promising youth, and a handful of top end elite talent. That doesn't necessarily mean success though. Promising youth can turn into a bunch of duds with a few Mr Potentials. If you get offered more to leave, and it's to a team whom you think has a brighter future, then you would have to consider it.

It's more about becoming an Icon of the Collingwood football club, That opens doors for you once you retire.

It's more about becoming an Icon of the Collingwood football club, That opens doors for you once you retire.
Icons are swallowed up these days. not many players are remembered and revered from their playing days alone. With multimedia being a everyones fingertips, legacy will only be remembered by todays youth to those who are constantly in the media.

Most Icons we all remember are ones from before the digital age, or Hall Of Famers

I'm sure he's not gonna play for peanuts at the Pies.
True, but you generally get paid more to leave a club than you get to stay. I've got no idea if this rumour has even a grain of truth to it, all I'm saying is that there are conceivable reasons for leaving Collingwood (which applies to most if not all clubs).

Not sure why he would go to Richmond then.
While I agree they don't have a list capable for premiership contention, they aren't that far away and Elliott would go a long way towards helping them. Nab him and another A grade defender and if Griffiths or Vickery take the next step (Griffiths has shown signs, though poaching an A grade pre-made forward would probably be better) and the list is pretty bloody sound. Could maybe upgrade the middle a little bit, but natural progression is a chance to do that anyway.

Sure, we'd like him, he can play. I'm sure we'd even ask the question or maybe put an offer in, but small forward isn't the type of guy I'd want to throw massive money at or a long 5 year deal, it's over the top imo, particularly when guys like Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Edwards, Knights can all rotate through there.

All club champions get doors opened for them when they retire.

This idea that only 'big clubs' like Collingwood can help their players post-career is quite frankly ridiculous.

Elliott will be ok regardless if he becomes a Collingwood champ or kicks 50 goals a year at Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We thrashed Hawthorn and Sydney in 2014.
Does that mean that we are better than them?
You lost to the Hawks by 11 goals and lost to Sydney once before beating an undermanned Sydney by 3 points.

Heard this from a couple of different people in the past couple of months, I think Elliott probably will stay at Collingwood but the Tigers are rumoured to be super keen on him, actually the type of player that could be the icing on their cake, they do need a pacey mid/small forward goal kicking type.

Not sure of Elliott's current contract status, but as Beams and Griffen showed last year, contracts can be broken/excised in trades/player transfers

Looks like we can put this one to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back