News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Same reason why the commonwealth games costs ballooned so much, same reason why the Gabba redevelopment was scrapped.
The gabba redevelopment would cost the same as the redevelopment of the old QE2 stadium which after the Olympics would no longer be used , the cost blowouts are because of the incompetence of the QLd labor govt

just move the girls out

we have enough facilities in the black spaceship

nobody gives a fat toss about aflw
AFLW is literally dead, the hype died down totally from the first couple of seasons a total micky mouse competition it might make ppl mad & think I am sexist but it's the truth & it's funded by the AFL men's comp

Threaten to vote Liberal and we'll get it.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
how much did we raise for the fighting tiger fund ? the afl just took it and gave it to minnow clubs

maybe the afl should farrken pay for it since they stole our money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year was it's biggest year yet? It's not going anywhere.

Well, they took their unwarranted pay rises last year and Gil got them to agree to average crowd and tv ratings by their next EBA. Their crowd sizes increased by a whisker, but TV ratings actually plummeted. I hope they realize a deal's a deal and the business world doesn't work on feelings. But I doubt it, watch them carry on next EBA demanding more money be syphoned from the men, even though they'll fail their KPI's by the length of the Flemington straight. Stupid business model by Gil. HTF does he expect the average AFLW player earn almost as much as that Caitlyn Clarke bird who's selling Guernsey's left, right and center and stadiums are already booked out. Can't say I've ever seen a kid with a Mon Conti Guernsey let alone thousands.

The league could easily go under, all it would take is the men to say they're not sharing. Do the TV rights separate and pay the women out of their own generated profits.... which there aren't any as it runs at a loss and sponsors won't want to pay for tv ads or jumper advertising when tv ratings continue to spiral.

No surprises that costs have blown out , the only alternative would be to do in stages which would ultimately cost more anyways. I think we will gather significant funding from within , how far the club wants to stretch is the question. Not much I’d say as footy is a fickle business
Way I see it
Gov grants 30m
Club coffers say 20m
Means half needs to come from corporate support and members , that’s a hecking lot $50mn
I donated $200 not long ago , we need another 200,000 to do the same , I think I got the maths right

BxB.jpg

$1200 to get your name briefly flashed on an aldi TV near the dunnies, sign me up!

$260 mill for the scats cheat ground and they cant give us a measly $35 mil

To be fair that's for the Cats actual home ground. Our home ground is the magnificent MCG. The AFLW team could play at the Peanut Farm reserve and their fan wouldn't mind. Let's be honest a few toilets is all the upgrade required for the magoo's and W teams as it's not like people are lined around the corner to get in.

Benny's forgotten his roots he needs to get the player's rattling the tins.
Some tora tora tora fella told me today and I quote "RFC is full of supporters like me; gay, vegan cyclists who have small bar fridges devoted to kombucha made by lesbian AFLW playing friends up on their hobby farms."
Can franchise the topless Alex Rance windscreen clean, and get the boys to suds up and start a carwash, setup a Kombucha stand and start marketing official tigers Lycra: with 100,000 DINK supporters like that we'll be able to build the stand 3 times over.

1713773694409.png 1713773731537.png 1713773762402.png

1713773833583.png 1713773879071.png

I could save the club millions

Bulldoze the stand and just have a grassed hill with some floodlights

1713774384030.png

Build a couple of nice male & female toilet blocks (Yellow & Black or nib green instead of red)

1713774488971.png

and build a small indoor centre for the boys to play footy cricket in the offseason

1713774930420.png

Last edited:
State and federal Government’s should be fitting part ofthe increase
Why? because when they committed to this project, they were committing to a % of the project. Building materials etc have increased by 60% , so should their funding
Well that’s how I’m looking at it through one yellow and one black eye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back