News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Understand the nod to the past and all that but with costs ballooning so the club needs to put the hand out to members I’m not sure I see the value in the costs involved in cleaning and reusing all those bricks

*EDIT: Unless they’ve used it as a revenue raising exercise and they’re going to try and convince people to pay a thousand bucks to sponsor a brick or something

If i was going to donate I'd want a more comprehensive report on why costs have blown out by 45million.....
And an explination on to why spending that sort of money is needed.....
Same reason why the commonwealth games costs ballooned so much, same reason why the Gabba redevelopment was scrapped.

People are surprise the Punt Rd Oval redevelopment could cost $100 mill? Swans facility cost $70 mill in the end, they didn’t have to demo a grand stand, build a new grandstand fix up a football oval and don’t have 3 levels of underground parking.

Same reason why the commonwealth games costs ballooned so much, same reason why the Gabba redevelopment was scrapped.
That's fine but explain it in detail....
we shouldnt just accept it....
Has the club done everything it can to still justify spending that amount of money? Can and will we be able to afford it long term?
If the answer is yes, that is ok, but i want more detail.

That's fine but explain it in detail....
we shouldnt just accept it....
Has the club done everything it can to still justify spending that amount of money? Can and will we be able to afford it long term?
If the answer is yes, that is ok, but i want more detail.
The delays because of Covid and the heritage Nutso's along with inflation - Espsecially in the construction sector. Our concept of how much something should cost is completely out of whack. I guess if you want the club to talk more about it that's what the AGM is for?

tbh, it probably doesn't really matter how much it costs - its just got to get done ASAP. Its not getting cheaper.

I'm ok with the project per se.
However with such a big blowout i'm not sure if its viable or more to the point in danger of putting us under extreme financial pressure.
Granted the increase of capacity too 8k is good.But how many of those 8k would already be members anyway?Even on the AFLW side of things we're already subsidising the program so its hardly a gain not too mention its bit of the unknown too think what the future holds for aflw in regards to when its played(Suggestions it could be moved to curtain raiser for the mens games).
Under ground car parking.Sure we can use 2 of the 3 for public car parking so a gain there.
The ground can be used for perhaps suburban finals.
Yeah don't know.
Trust the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The delays because of Covid and the heritage Nutso's along with inflation - Espsecially in the construction sector. Our concept of how much something should cost is completely out of whack. I guess if you want the club to talk more about it that's what the AGM is for?

tbh, it probably doesn't really matter how much it costs - its just got to get done ASAP. Its not getting cheaper.
As members we own the club.
It does matter how much it costs!
Benny G is a labor man and money seems to have no consequences there...
They need to justify it and not just shrug their shoulders and say "well thats the way of the world atm"

Not a good look IMO.

I wrote from the very beginning, opposing the redevelopment.
Like I said, we should have copied the hybrid Cricket Victoria Junction Oval redevelopment or Arden Street.
It is a hecking disaster.
IMG_20240422_113558.jpg

Last edited:
The fockers should have at least consulted with the expert company which redeveloped the Junction Oval.
Money down the gurgler now.
It's your money, Ralph.

Last edited:
I wrote from the very beginning, opposing the redevelopment.
Like I said, we should have copied the hybrid Cricket Victoria Junction Oval redevelopment or Arden Street.
It is a *ing disaster.
View attachment 1967021
many people said it would cost more than 60-65m at the time. the club took shortcuts this has been disaster considering many people were not a fan of ripping down the old Jack Dyer stand.

Wasn't this supposed to be completed by the start of 2024 season?
Either the cost predictions were wrong on the redevelopment or the club has mismanged the funds.
Covid, War in Ukraine, global supply shortages... that seems to be the going lines these days.

Aristotle Pickett

Had something to do with the blow out.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

how does the cost blow out by 35 million in 2 years

this country has become is a massive capitalist joke
Labor and unions , norm Gallagher is still alive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back