VFL Round 5 v Casey ANZAC Eve Punt Road Oval 2.05pm LIVE STREAM

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned him during the game V Coburg on the weekend. He looks a likely type, very fast. Why do you ask?
He's not done anything much to suggest that he's got enough weapons to play at a higher level, but there is just something in his attitude, strut, attack at the footy that just looks like a player. Mainly in his mannerisms, but he reminds me of a young Jack Riewoldt, without the marking ability but a better runner.

Probably a bit of halo reporting, but appears that May is really gaining momentum as the season goes on. Contested marking is what you want to see improve and past 2 or 3 games have been really impressive.
There’s quite a few on here that have been on his bandwagon, reckon a few more might jump on pretty soon if he continues his current form. Don’t think I’ve seen him mentioned in any mid season draft predictions in the media YET.
Needs to do a hell of a lot more than take an odd grab here and there in an average low possession game CP. He takes the odd one bc he basically stands in the one small area and eventually one sticks. He needs Dermie to give him lessons on how to play as a true KPF. He just doesn’t work hard enough and his opponent actually had a field day on Saturday. He got off the leash once. It was late in the last where he got a handball and he could’ve kicked it , but gave a joe the goose.
He took a contested grab for a good boundary goal and his second goal was a soft free. Had 8 touches I think for the day.
Very slow below the knees for 21 yo and you can see why he wasn’t drafted. I think there’s too much noise made about him as he’s actually inferior than Bradtke atm.

Watched him tear us apart when he was playing for Maffra. Pretty recognisable figure and then saw he'd signed at Richmond. Hope he does well
Yeah he looks so lively and dangerous and I reckon he would’ve had fun at that level. He’s like Trezise and could easily go through the classes. Trezise came back from a month spell and came on just before HT and shut down his opponent and got a lazy 18possessions. He really calmed the storm. Davidson surprised me with his moves as he conned blokes with what direction he was going to send the ball and he did it both by foot and hands. I like those types of players as they’re a handful.

Needs to do a hell of a lot more than take an odd grab here and there in an average low possession game CP. He takes the odd one bc he basically stands in the one small area and eventually one sticks. He needs Dermie to give him lessons on how to play as a true KPF. He just doesn’t work hard enough and his opponent actually had a field day on Saturday. He got off the leash once. It was late in the last where he got a handball and he could’ve kicked it , but gave a joe the goose.
He took a contested grab for a good boundary goal and his second goal was a soft free. Had 8 touches I think for the day.
Very slow below the knees for 21 yo and you can see why he wasn’t drafted. I think there’s too much noise made about him as he’s actually inferior than Bradtke atm.

How about Bella, looked impressive.

Like to think there’s a kpf out there that warrants selection in the msd.

How about Bella, looked impressive.

Like to think there’s a kpf out there that warrants selection in the msd.
He was the pick of the big men on the day . He can jump, run, take a grab and lead well in both directions. He looked too smart to just be a VFL listed player . i would take him if he's available with our first pick as he's got the right traits to be a very good forward. His body is fully matured and he's a pack killer which i like. Not actually scared to jump into a contest full tilt.

You really do belong in the funny farm TI. Maybe do a fact check next time on your armchair reporting

You really do belong in the funny farm TI. Maybe do a fact check next time on your armchair reporting
Ricky behave yourself and don't get personal. He was hardly sighted in the first half and only came in the game when there was so much footy in our FL i could've got 8 touches. lol
He's got a lot of work to do mate and he's got two years to work on his game. i'm not writing him off bc he's so young, but from what I've seen he's nowhere warranted a list spot. Take a deep breath as there's enough Oxygen on here for everyone to live comfortably.

Ricky behave yourself and don't get personal. He was hardly sighted in the first half and only came in the game when there was so much footy in our FL i could've got 8 touches. lol
He's got a lot of work to do mate and he's got two years to work on his game. i'm not writing him off bc he's so young, but from what I've seen he's nowhere warranted a list spot. Take a deep breath as there's enough Oxygen on here for everyone to live comfortably.
TI if you're going to rubbish young lads on the VFL list and then misquote, all the while doing it from your armchair having likely never played at any level yourself, then expect to get some pushback.

TI if you're going to rubbish young lads on the VFL list and then misquote, all the while doing it from your armchair having likely never played at any level yourself, then expect to get some pushback.
Please can you clarify where I've misquoted May's game ? What does the position I'm supposed to be posting in and whether i've played football have anything to do with me posting on a footy forum? You sound like a little kid or a very immature grown man.Would you like me to post in the middle of Punt Road Oval with a 71 guernsey on? lol It's a bit hard to misquote an 8 possession game. Now move on and let's all wait to see where May is at by the end of the year. He's got a lot of deficiencies as I've stated and let's see if he can improve on them. I'm giving him two years and not writing him off . Calm down and come up with something for all of us to hang our hats on .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please can you clarify where I've misquoted May's game ? What does the position I'm supposed to be posting in and whether i've played football have anything to do with me posting on a footy forum? You sound like a little kid or a very immature grown man.Would you like me to post in the middle of Punt Road Oval with a 71 guernsey on? lol It's a bit hard to misquote an 8 possession game. Now move on and let's all wait to see where May is at by the end of the year. He's got a lot of deficiencies as I've stated and let's see if he can improve on them. I'm giving him two years and not writing him off . Calm down and come up with something for all of us to hang our hats on .
The lad is only 19 not 21.
The beef I have with you TI is that you get personal on the young kids, making comments like pea heart or no ticker, can't do this can't do that, s**t below their knees, etc. Not sure if youre trying to be humerous or not however you come across as an very ordinary individual.

The lad is only 19 not 21.
The beef I have with you TI is that you get personal on the young kids, making comments like pea heart or no ticker, can't do this can't do that, s**t below their knees, etc. Not sure if youre trying to be humerous or not however you come across as a very ordinary individual.
If you can’t add anything useful please go as I haven’t said anything of that calibre towards him and have clearly stated his deficiencies . He is poor below his knees and it would pay for you to watch him closely. Stop being over dramatic and sensitive as it’s a friendly discussion . The only person here making personal comments is you bc you can’t debate the topic as you have no counter evidence on a bloke who’s constantly getting under 10 possessions a game. Who cares about his age as that is well known it’s what he has to do to be a KPF. I wish him luck, but I can see clearly why he was not drafted as he has a lot of deficiencies. Do you understand what I’m saying ? The topic of discussion about May is he a MSD prospect and I’m giving my opinion on him . Now if you can’t add anything to the conversation then leave as you’re derailing the thread with childish comments and tantrums. There’s sfa history on him which tells you he was no star as a junior.
Other fans see issues with him also:

Last edited:
If you can’t add anything useful please go as I haven’t said anything of that calibre towards him and have clearly stated his deficiencies . He is poor below his knees and it would pay for you to watch him closely. Stop being over dramatic and sensitive as it’s a friendly discussion . The only person here making personal comments is you bc you can’t debate the topic as you have no counter evidence on a bloke who’s constantly getting under 10 possessions a game. Who cares about his age as that is well known it’s what he has to do to be a KPF. I wish him luck, but I can see clearly why he was not drafted as he has a lot of deficiencies. Do you understand what I’m saying ? The topic of discussion about May is he a MSD prospect and I’m giving my opinion on him . Now if you can’t add anything to the conversation then leave as you’re derailing the thread with childish comments and tantrums.

If you can’t add anything useful please go as I haven’t said anything of that calibre towards him and have clearly stated his deficiencies . He is poor below his knees and it would pay for you to watch him closely. Stop being over dramatic and sensitive as it’s a friendly discussion . The only person here making personal comments is you bc you can’t debate the topic as you have no counter evidence on a bloke who’s constantly getting under 10 possessions a game. Who cares about his age as that is well known it’s what he has to do to be a KPF. I wish him luck, but I can see clearly why he was not drafted as he has a lot of deficiencies. Do you understand what I’m saying ? The topic of discussion about May is he a MSD prospect and I’m giving my opinion on him . Now if you can’t add anything to the conversation then leave as you’re derailing the thread with childish comments and tantrums. There’s sfa history on him which tells you he was no star as a junior.
Other fans see issues with him also:
Oh I am sorry TI, have just realised you are just a very ordinary judge of football talent. I can't wait for Lefau to be named in the end of season club b&f awards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back