VFL Round 5 v Casey ANZAC Eve Punt Road Oval 2.05pm LIVE STREAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of nice marks, still a long way off. I think as his confidence grows we will see better performances.

I love watching him play atm, he is having a crack.
May plays in patches and then goes missing for too long. I liked the other kid better in Liam Thomas. Came on late in the third and took a strong contested mark and was throwing his body around in contests. I like these types better rather than the old fashioned Peter Hudson types who are now phased out of the game. Also Kosi looks better when he plays in the ruck or around the ground bc when he’s in the FL he plays uncontested footy like May and gets chopped out too easily unless there’s a turnover where he’s left solo on the rebound. Hence Kosis first three goals were of this nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree to disagree, I don't believe we have given him a decent chance in the midfield. In 2022 he played the last 7 games and averaged 17 disposals in his 1st season, then Dimma in his infinite wisdom decided to recruit Taranto & Hopper so in 2023 he slid down the pecking order, while the coach bailed on us not even halfway through the season.

He missed a whole season of senior development/exposure and by the end of the year his confidence took a hit and no wonder he lashed out and got reported. He played 1 bad game against the suns and never returned for the rest of the season. Kid has been treated poorly.
And with TT & Hopper both out where was he?
Its like the Cumbo debate.3 coaches have seen something in him thats not right.

He played midfieid when he first came into the team and that’s where he’s played best at senior level
Well its pretty obvious those at the club who are more closer to the day to day things know something we don't.

Wasn’t commenting on Dow in terms of performance just pointing out that they play different roles in the midfield structure and if you are comparing them it needs to be taken into consideration with what the coaches want in the midfield as a group of different skill sets

That’s right. We’d never go in to a game with a midfield relying on Hopper as our sole inside clearance mid. Especially against Melbourne. Whether Dow makes the grade or not is a separate discussion to team selection.

It’s 2-3 of : Hopper, TT, Dow, McAuliffe, Prestia

Then 2-3 of: Sonsie, Martin, Bolton, Graham

There’s no way they’d go with Hopper and nobody else from group 1 above, so it was really Dow v McAullife tonight, not Dow v Sonsie.

I’m happy for them to persist with Dow given its McAuliffe’s first season. Upside is he gets confidence to become a quality player. Downside is he plays average footy for the next 6-weeks, he gets replaced after the bye and we delist him.

I’ve seen enough to persist whilst he’s fit and see if he takes the next step.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a win by the boys great work morro from largely local players , he ll be heavily courted I’d say I hope we look after him
He was courted strongly by the pies last off season. They’ll all be coming for
Him. Got to tie him up

Last edited:
He was courted strongly by the lies last off season. They’ll all be coming for
Him. Got to tie him up
Would hate to lose Morro

Can’t really think of any individual who loves our club as much as him
It’s a real shame that he never got to 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back