Geelong 2022 are statistically the most dominant team since Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m happy to have a reasonable discussion too.

I’m wondering why someone happy to have a reasonable discussion won’t use any reason.

All you’ve done is make a claim and given absolutely no basis as to why it may be correct.

Anyone can look at an anomaly in the fixture and make a claim about it. Most people who do that are in the habit of giving a reason as to why.

Why do other teams like Carlton and Collingwood have a good hard run of matches to get them ready for finals and the Cats don’t?
See posts 12, 20, 21 and 46. You can clearly see (if you've read them) that my 'basis as to why' is there in the text. I've provided the 'reasons'.

I'm not being a smart arse, but I am glad that you have conceded ground and called it "an anomaly" - as this is the point.

As I said, I'm not sure how just repeating information is a genuine discussion so best if we leave it here.

See posts 12, 20, 21 and 46. You can clearly see (if you've read them) that my 'basis as to why' is there in the text. I've provided the 'reasons'.

I'm not being a smart arse, but I am glad that you have conceded ground and called it "an anomaly" - as this is the point.

As I said, I'm not sure how just repeating information is a genuine discussion so best if we leave it here.

The anomaly isn’t what is being discussed. The claim that it has been ‘rigged’ is what you are being asked about.

Match fixing or any sort of manipulation done deliberately in sport, had to have a purpose. If it doesn’t have a purpose, chances are it is merely a coincidence that you don’t like.

did you know the fixture is determined before the start of the season?
Please go back and read the thread. This has been addressed multiple times.

Actually, don't bother. So that we don't repeat another thing over and over and over here is what was written in post 46.

In terms of flag contenders, Brisbane and Geelong did the best; the Lions are in a similar boat to Sydney, drawing three 2021 finalists as double-ups but two of them are GWS and Essendon.

The Cats only play two 2021 finalists twice (though they’re good ones, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs), and get two games against wooden spooners North Melbourne.

Fox Sports - December 9th, 2021 3:31 pm

The anomaly isn’t what is being discussed. The claim that it has been ‘rigged’ is what you are being asked about.

Match fixing or any sort of manipulation done deliberately in sport, had to have a purpose. If it doesn’t have a purpose, chances are it is merely a coincidence that you don’t like.
Actually, the anomaly IS the point.

Please go back and read the thread. This has been addressed multiple times.

Actually, don't bother. So that we don't repeat another thing over and over and over here is what was written in post 46.

In terms of flag contenders, Brisbane and Geelong did the best; the Lions are in a similar boat to Sydney, drawing three 2021 finalists as double-ups but two of them are GWS and Essendon.

The Cats only play two 2021 finalists twice (though they’re good ones, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs), and get two games against wooden spooners North Melbourne.

so doubles against last seasons 2nd and 3rd place finishing teams = AFL rigging it for Geelong?

Actually, the anomaly IS the point.

Then why claim it was done for the purpose of rigging the draw. If you like I can go back and show you the last dozen or so draws that have had us at or near the top or the hardest fixture list

I could just say ‘if they did this deliberately because they want us to have an easy draw, why don’t they give us 11 home games as well.’

If the anomaly is the point - and it has only been discussed in roughly, Ooh, 57,000 threads, why bring it up again?

Then why claim it was done for the purpose of rigging the draw. If you like I can go back and show you the last dozen or so draws that have had us at or near the top or the hardest fixture list

I could just say ‘if they did this deliberately because they want us to have an easy draw, why don’t they give us 11 home games as well.’

If the anomaly is the point - and it has only been discussed in roughly, Ooh, 57,000 threads, why bring it up again?
Because the anomaly contributes significantly to the premise of the OP here: "number 1 for transitioning the ball from defensive 50 to forward 50 as well as being number 1 for preventing the opposition from transitioning the ball from defensive 50 to forward 50"

Again, a point that has already been made and discussed. Can you see how it's frustrating that I have to repeat what's already been covered?

Best we leave it here before I scratch my own eyeballs out.

Because the anomaly contributes significantly to the premise of the OP here: "number 1 for transitioning the ball from defensive 50 to forward 50 as well as being number 1 for preventing the opposition from transitioning the ball from defensive 50 to forward 50"

Again, a point that has already been made and discussed. Can you see how it's frustrating that I have to repeat what's already been covered?

Best we leave it here before I scratch my own eyeballs out.

Go for it.

I still want to know why the AFL is so keen to help Geelong.

And despite 20-30 posts on the topic you haven’t even been able to offer a token theory on why the AFL wanted to rig the draw for us.

Like at least TRY and make something up.
When I get bitten by a mozzie I see the red mark, feel the sting and try to smack it.

I don't ask why it stung me.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you really need to read the whole quote and the other points in the thread.

That's not even close to what the whole discussion is.
Don't worry, you don't sound condescending.

This was your first post in this thread;

Double-Ups Geelong Cats: North Melbourne, St Kilda, Port Adelaide, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs

AFL desperate for Geelong.

'AFL desperate for Geelong' and when I question whether you understand that fixtures are organised before the season starts you just refuse to answer. When I ask if scheduling Geelong to play against last years runners up and 3rd place twice is rigging the schedule for Geelong, you refuse to answer again. You don't sound condescending, you just sound upset and pretty dense, to be frank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'AFL desperate for Geelong' and when I question whether you understand that fixtures are organised before the season starts you just refuse to answer.
I didn't refuse to answer at all. If you'd bother reading the thread I have answered it multiple times. I even provided you (again) with the quote from Fox Sports that it was a held belief before the season started.

When I ask if scheduling Geelong to play against last years runners up and 3rd place twice is rigging the schedule for Geelong, you refuse to answer again.
Why just look at a nano-point of an entire discussion? That's not really conducive to finding facts - just cherry picking. It's lazy.

You don't sound condescending, you just sound upset and pretty dense, to be frank.
Leave the personal insult shit out of it. I don't see how it helps. If it makes you feel better - good for you, but I won't participate in it.

Last edited:
Leave the personal insult s**t out of it. I don't see how it helps. If it makes you feel better - good for you, but I won't participate in it.
So you're happy to dish it out though? Got it 👍

Tell me you haven't read the thread without telling me you haven't read the thread.
Oh I've read the thread, thats why I decided to join in. I wanted to see if you'd keep ducking and dodging the explanation of your statement, and I guess I was wrong to assume my conversational powers could induce an answer from you because you just continue to deflect anyone who questions your statements.

Oh I've read the thread, thats why I decided to join in. I wanted to see if you'd keep ducking and dodging the explanation of your statement, and I guess I was wrong to assume my conversational powers could induce an answer from you because you just continue to deflect anyone who questions your statements.
No you haven't. I've clearly explained the statement in posts 12, 20, 21 and 46 (among others) which you would have known if you'd read the thread.

You seem to be upset because I don't think a discussion in just mindlessly repeating myself. You, on the other hand, seem to just parrot other posters and ask questions already covered ad nauseam. It's pretty tiresome to be on the other end if I'm being honest.

So, if there's nothing you would like to come up with yourself, and can't be bothered reading the thread anyway - I'd say we're done here.

No you haven't. I've clearly explained the statement in posts 12, 20, 21 and 46 (among others) which you would have known if you'd read the thread.

You seem to be upset because I don't think a discussion in just mindlessly repeating myself. You, on the other hand, seem to just parrot other posters and ask questions already covered ad nauseam. It's pretty tiresome to be on the other end if I'm being honest.

So, if there's nothing you would like to come up with yourself, and can't be bothered reading the thread anyway - I'd say we're done here.
Here are the posts you refer to;

Double-Ups Geelong Cats: North Melbourne, St Kilda, Port Adelaide, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs

AFL desperate for Geelong.

You don't think they are piss easy double ups?

Mate - that's 5 games against teams outside the 8, 2 of which against the bottom 2.

No Melbourne or Brisbane who we all thought would be the top 2.

Hard to ignore.

But, it's all just hindsight right?

I asked two questions which you answered by telling me to 'read the thread' because you've already answered them, let me remind you;

did you know the fixture is determined before the start of the season?

so doubles against last seasons 2nd and 3rd place finishing teams = AFL rigging it for Geelong?

Now please, Mr Tree - You haven't answered my questions, you keep claiming I don't want reasonable discussion, but wouldn't it be reasonable to engage in discussion instead of hand waving questions you probably don't have answers for? You tell me I haven't read the thead because you've answered the questions already. I have - and you haven't answered anything. Seems like you're the one who doesn't want reasonable discussion and would just prefer to troll and make yourself look silly.

Here are the posts you refer to;

I asked two questions which you answered by telling me to 'read the thread' because you've already answered them, let me remind you;

Now please, Mr Tree - You haven't answered my questions, you keep claiming I don't want reasonable discussion, but wouldn't it be reasonable to engage in discussion instead of hand waving questions you probably don't have answers for? You tell me I haven't read the thead because you've answered the questions already. I have - and you haven't answered anything. Seems like you're the one who doesn't want reasonable discussion and would just prefer to troll and make yourself look silly.
I'm pretty sure you're not being serious now - that is pretty obvious in the fact you didn't post my replies to your questions - but I'll have a last go at it by cutting and pasting the answers I've already provided. Please now, for the love of Gary Ablett, read them this time before replying.

'AFL desperate for Geelong' and when I question whether you understand that fixtures are organised before the season starts you just refuse to answer.
I didn't refuse to answer at all. If you'd bother reading the thread I have answered it multiple times. I even provided you (again) with the quote from Fox Sports that it was a held belief before the season started.

When I ask if scheduling Geelong to play against last years runners up and 3rd place twice is rigging the schedule for Geelong, you refuse to answer again.
Why just look at a nano-point of an entire discussion? That's not really conducive to finding facts - just cherry picking. It's lazy.

I'm pretty sure you're not being serious now - that is pretty obvious in the fact you didn't post my replies to your questions - but I'll have a last go at it by cutting and pasting the answers I've already provided. Please now, for the love of Gary Ablett, read them this time before replying.

I see how it is. Well I'll put this one down as a win for me and I accept your apology for wasting my time.

Leave the personal insult s**t out of it. I don't see how it helps. If it makes you feel better - good for you, but I won't participate in it.

Don’t worry about these guys. They abuse everybody in packs. I know first hand. I think they are just trolls at this point and just report/ignore them if you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back