F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He dominated Karting like Max and then skipped into F2 yes, but he's 17. He's pretty much younger than every F2 driver by 2 years.
So was Theo Pourchaire in his 1st season of F2 and he finished 5th behind Piastri that year in a field with 3 Formula 2 champions in it, didn't stop him spending the next 2 years in F2 and now still struggling to get a look in on the sidelines. Antonelli is 9th with a P4 as his season highlight to date, if age is his excuse for not being ready to dominate F2 then F1 is career suicide at this point.

So was Theo Pourchaire in his 1st season of F2 and he finished 5th behind Piastri that year in a field with 3 Formula 2 champions in it, didn't stop him spending the next 2 years in F2 and now still struggling to get a look in on the sidelines. Antonelli is 9th with a P4 as his season highlight to date, if age is his excuse for not being ready to dominate F2 then F1 is career suicide at this point.
These cars don't have power steering. F1 does, it negates a lot of the strength issues that young people tend to have early on in their careers.

These cars don't have power steering. F1 does, it negates a lot of the strength issues that young people tend to have early on in their careers.
dude is a few months off 18 and been doing the training required to wrestle these cars for years surely not suggesting his ordinary f2 performances are due to his strength

dude is a few months off 18 and been doing the training required to wrestle these cars for years surely not suggesting his ordinary f2 performances are due to his strength
P4 is ordinary? And are you trying to say that 17 year olds are strong? Nah. Not having it.

That's an interesting thought. Is there anyone from Indycar who could make the jump to F1? I don't watch enough Indy to know who might be regarded as talented enough to cross over. Alex Palou, reigning champion there? He's done some testing with McLaren, so not completely without knowledge of F1 cars.
Even if there was they won't get a look in. Probably 3 or 4 Indy drivers who would be better than half a dozen F1 drivers in the same car within a week. Probably the downside to F1 in a way.

Even if there was they won't get a look in. Probably 3 or 4 Indy drivers who would be better than half a dozen F1 drivers in the same car within a week. Probably the downside to F1 in a way.
I doubt it. Dixon is 43 and still winning.

Anyone interested in this?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

for about the length of the 3 min youtube clip... then no.

No interest at all. Sure the tech is cool but its better when the tech blends... you know... with a driver.

for about the length of the 3 min youtube clip... then no.

No interest at all. Sure the tech is cool but its better when the tech blends... you know... with a driver.
Yeah I haven't watched it apparently from what I've read few crashes in it.

Mercedes will reportedly table reigning F1 champion Max Verstappen a staggering €150m ($A245m) per season offer in a bombshell bid to poach the Red Bull star from 2025.

OE24 claims the €150m per-year offer includes bonuses, but would still shatter Formula One pay records.

Ooooh will be hard to turn down if true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mercedes will reportedly table reigning F1 champion Max Verstappen a staggering €150m ($A245m) per season offer in a bombshell bid to poach the Red Bull star from 2025.

OE24 claims the €150m per-year offer includes bonuses, but would still shatter Formula One pay records.

That's just insane. So much more than Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe

Pity he's contracted to Red Bull until 2028 - though he does (apparently) have an exit clause if Helmut Marko leaves the team.

Pity he's contracted to Red Bull until 2028 - though he does (apparently) have an exit clause if Helmut Marko leaves the team.
Apparently they are happy to bring in Marko as well. Could possibly end up with Newey as well.

Apparently they are happy to bring in Marko as well. Could possibly end up with Newey as well.

If you think there is a power struggle at Red Bull just wait until Marko and Toto have a disagreement.

Newey isn't going there anytime soon either, given that he's contracted to Red Bull, and has a 12-month non-compete clause if/when he does leave the team.

Wasn't the rumour about Newey's Godfather offer from Ferrari, rather than Mercedes anyway?

Wasn't the rumour about Newey's Godfather offer from Ferrari, rather than Mercedes anyway?

Yes but you would have to think if he wanted to go to Merc then they would match whatever Ferrari were offering.

As I type, it's the small hours of the 1st of May, and therefore the 30th anniversary of Ayrton Senna's death. Somehow, the 30th anniversary of Roland Ratzenberger's death passed me by.

Such a terrible weekend for F1, just utterly awful, but we won't forget them.
I was never a Senna fan (I was a fan of Piquet and then Schumacher) but I was watching the race that night and seeing Senna's Williams crash had an big effect on me, I've never enjoyed Formula One as much as I did before that moment, in the 80's and early 90's I used to record all the races and watch them during the week and Modern Motor magazine would have these F1 guides that I would fill out after each race. After the crash I wasn't as fanatical about the series as I was as a kid and stopped recording the races and I would watch them only if they were on early enough. These days I only watch about 4/5 races a year.

Apparently Guenther is suing Haas. From what I can see he supposedly hasn't been paid a bonus he is entitled to as well as not been compensated for a bunch of merch Haas continued to sell using his image after he left the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back