F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The sooner the experienced but s**t drivers are gone out of F1 the better for the new talent coming through. Drugovich hasn't got a go yet, Pourchaire sitting on the sidelines as well and then you have Antonelli who might get a gig at Mercedes. Somehow Bearman is going to get a gig above both those guys despite not being better. Odd situation.

The sooner the experienced but s**t drivers are gone out of F1 the better for the new talent coming through. Drugovich hasn't got a go yet, Pourchaire sitting on the sidelines as well and then you have Antonelli who might get a gig at Mercedes. Somehow Bearman is going to get a gig above both those guys despite not being better. Odd situation.
Pourchaire drove in Indycar last race wants to do more apparently

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

That's an interesting thought. Is there anyone from Indycar who could make the jump to F1? I don't watch enough Indy to know who might be regarded as talented enough to cross over. Alex Palou, reigning champion there? He's done some testing with McLaren, so not completely without knowledge of F1 cars.

If Newey really is leaving and it is because of the Horner thing, would it be to someone that more likely has a spot for Verstappen to move to as well?
The Horner business has been cited as a reason, whether or not Newey moving on truly impacts Red Bull remains to been too. They have a lot of experience in the department of designing good cars, and even though Newey has clearly been vital to that, he doesn't work alone.

What is the counter argument, apart from being against change in general ?
A win is a distinct accomplishment, A non win podium finish is a distinct accomplishment, an non podium points finish in itself was an accomplishment when it was for top 6. Awarding points for top 8 then 10 diluted the accomplishment. Points all the way down makes it a non achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone interested in this?

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I really am struggling with the Antonelli hype and why they think he is the next coming of jesus, He won formula regionals which isnt even the main feeder series to f3 jumps straight into f2 and has done absolutely nothing against a field that has no standout juniors in it and they are still linking him with a jump straight into a merc seat.

Bearman again the same no real signs of elite talent bordering on stupidity behind the wheel in the f2 races ive watched, going to be gift wrapped a seat because he got points in the 2nd best car as a fill in? De Vries repeat incoming 100% lock if he gets a seat.

Lol because they can

I thought was weird but I've seen the P1 boys do a video on this since my last post.

Apparently it's to do with road safety. Testing features to see how driverless cars interact with one another on the road. But of course, it is human nature to try to race things.

Pretty funny that the car just stopped though.

I really am struggling with the Antonelli hype and why they think he is the next coming of jesus, He won formula regionals which isnt even the main feeder series to f3 jumps straight into f2 and has done absolutely nothing against a field that has no standout juniors in it and they are still linking him with a jump straight into a merc seat.

Bearman again the same no real signs of elite talent bordering on stupidity behind the wheel in the f2 races ive watched, going to be gift wrapped a seat because he got points in the 2nd best car as a fill in? De Vries repeat incoming 100% lock if he gets a seat.
He dominated Karting like Max and then skipped into F2 yes, but he's 17. He's pretty much younger than every F2 driver by 2 years.

I thought was weird but I've seen the P1 boys do a video on this since my last post.

Apparently it's to do with road safety. Testing features to see how driverless cars interact with one another on the road. But of course, it is human nature to try to race things.

Pretty funny that the car just stopped though.
BONO MY AI!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back