F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seb Vettel succeeding Marko has to be part of the endgame here, he would be elite in that role.

Or take Mr Sulayem's FIA role when Mohammed is put in the Bin.
what would make him 'elite' in that? it's a management role, not a driving role and he's never shown me he has any expertise either as a man manager or in administration generally

I think its a different sub-organisation, so he's not really an employee of the Red Bull Racing team that Horner looks after.

The driver program covers RBR, Racing Bulls as well as the F2 and F3 pipelines.
It’s a shame they can’t turf him, lucky for Horner he seems to have the Thai guy on side.
I like Horner and he’s obviously a good operator.

Last edited:
My wife and I watched Ferrari last night, great film, captured the danger of the era. Can you imagine modern F1 drivers even considering leaving goodbye notes for their loved ones before each race?

My wife and I watched Ferrari last night, great film, captured the danger of the era. Can you imagine modern F1 drivers even considering leaving goodbye notes for their loved ones before each race?
No.
They would record a video instead. Post it to Facebook even.

Going to be another RB 1-2 this week with Russell fighting the Ferraris for that last podium spot.
Max was a good half a second faster on race pace with zero tyre deg haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he drove FP1 and FP2 with appendicitis is nothing short of extraordinary.

Not wrong. I am surprised they didn't get him checked out before hand since he was apparently pretty crook in the morning.

Also interesting they opted for Ollie Bearman over Giovinazzi this weekend, even though the WEC are not racing at the moment. Even though Giovinazzi has never set the world on fire, it's a big vote of confidence in an 18 year old driver to give them a race seat.

Fun fact - Ollie Bearman despite being just 18 is still only the third youngest driver on the grid upon debut - the other younger ones were Max Verstappen and Lance Stroll.

All the best to him and I don't think anyone would have predicted Ferrari to have two British drivers in under a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back