F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who has red/green colour blindness, having most of the cars in the field black with tiny little slithers of coloured sections from the red/green colour spectrum, is going to make it a real joy to watch next season.... :sweatsmile:
Can you imagine Murray Walker commentating?
It would be a joy to listen to. You’d have no way of knowing who was winning, but some entertainment requires sacrifice…

AM, Red Bull and Ferrari have the balance right where the upper parts of the livery are coloured and then blend it into black lower down where they can use unpainted carbon without affecting the look/ability for the car to stand out on the grid

I can't imagine that sponsors would be too happy to be paying some of the teams to be on one of the 10 black cars on the grid that half the people watching can't tell apart from each other
Is coloured carbon fibre a thing?

From listening to P1 who were at the launch, it seems there will be no drop off from RB this season. Newey said that all their sim and wind tunnel data was shown to be accurate when the car was out on track. Also, there is more carbon up close than it looks like on camera because it blends so well with the navy.

More allegations coming about Horner.apparentley texts sexual in nature

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

We shall see.

I see the news.com article has changed their wordings and what is quoted a couple of times today. At one stage they were teetering around the bush because they don't know. Then as the story progresses they quoted "sex message" now it's gone. She is still working at RB under Horner. They've also known about this long before the media. I think that if there was anything substantial in it he would have been gone a while ago. But as you say, we will soon see. Mud sticks so sadly for him if he in fact hasn't done anything wrong. Or its simply something he said that was taken in a different way he is still guilty and will forever be seen as that by a good percentage of people. The other party can't be sacked because she'll just Sue RB.

I see the news.com article has changed their wordings and what is quoted a couple of times today. At one stage they were teetering around the bush because they don't know. Then as the story progresses they quoted "sex message" now it's gone. She is still working at RB under Horner. They've also known about this long before the media. I think that if there was anything substantial in it he would have been gone a while ago. But as you say, we will soon see. Mud sticks so sadly for him if he in fact hasn't done anything wrong. Or its simply something he said that was taken in a different way he is still guilty and will forever be seen as that by a good percentage of people. The other party can't be sacked because she'll just Sue RB.
Yep if nothing has happened let him work (as much as I dislike him) if something is found he needs to leave. I read about texts being seen by a newspaper on that news com.au article as well. Don't know if it's changed or not.

But if he's guilty needs to go. If he's not guilty no reason to be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm far from an aerodynamicist but IIRC one of the reasons why Mercedes zero sidepod did not work in the real world was the surfaces/vanes they were using to direct flows over the car were insufficient to withstand crosswinds or bumps that the car was encountering in the real world so the flows was being disrupted, the car was behaving unpredictably so they abandoned the concept. The strongest asset of the RB18 and RB19 cars were their consistency in nearly all conditions at nearly all tracks, if you follow the changes that Mercedes and Ferrari have done to the cars this year a lot of it seems to be around cleaning up the airflows to improve the stability of the car rather than finding performance. It would be pretty strange to say the least that Red Bull would start the season with the known, championship-winning, formula that all other teams are pursuing only to change it a few races in to chase a concept that hasn't worked. I'm guessing the changes will be more of a tweak than a total new direction.

I could be wrong but wasn’t there an update last year that was no good?
They won 21 of 22 races, and the one they lost (Singapore) was in September, well after they stopped all development work on the 2023 car.

Based on that, I can't see where they had any update that was "no good"?

They won 21 of 22 races, and the one they lost (Singapore) was in September, well after they stopped all development work on the 2023 car.

I seemed to recall they brought something different to Singapore (either that or a minor reg change)
People were speculating whether or not their struggles would be replicated in Suzuka, then Max absolutely took the piss with his pole lap and dominant race win.

I said i could be wrong! Just thought there was one small update that didn't work as they thought it would.

No one here thought McLaren would get anywhere near it after the start to their season last year, all I'm saying is anything could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back