F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Damon Hill was in Adelaide a few days back and visited a few sites on the old F1 track, including the Ayrton Senna hand prints in the footpath and the spot where he collided with Schumacher

IIRC Damon had a slightly different and more realistic version of this collision than is printed here - admitting he was too trusting of Schumacher turning into that corner.

1711004826116.png

Last edited:
Rd 3 - Australia New
Oscar to finish 9th confirmed.

o062775rrmpc1.jpg

Sky F1 to pay homage to FoxFooty by leaving half its commentary team at home to broadcast from the Studio.

I wonder how long before Martin and Crofty will just call it from a studio (they are looking at screens the whole time anyway).

Sounds like the commentary team and Rachel doing interviews are in Melbourne while the pre/post race show will be from the studio. It makes sense from a logistical stand point.

Time for my annual reminder that moving the GP from Adelaide to Melbourne is one of the great tragedies of the millennium.

From a unique circuit with oodles of history and character to the soulless Albert Park, with the least amount of overtakes on the calendar bar Monaco.

Such a shame.

1711060228560.png

1711060276047.png

1711060316582.png

1711060378010.png

Time for my annual reminder that moving the GP from Adelaide to Melbourne is one of the great tragedies of the millennium.

From a unique circuit with oodles of history and character to the soulless Albert Park, with the least amount of overtakes on the calendar bar Monaco.

Such a shame.
It wouldn't work in Adelaide anymore. The cars are just way too big. You'd struggle to see any overtaking at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this results in a significant ban
Yeah would hope so.. Obviously the first incident of blocking should result in a standard racing penalty for Dunne but Tsolovs actions afterwards are surely worth a multiple race ban. That's just brain dead behaviour.

Yeah would hope so.. Obviously the first incident of blocking should result in a standard racing penalty for Dunne but Tsolovs actions afterwards are surely worth a multiple race ban. That's just brain dead behaviour.
At the speed they were going you could argue its almost criminal negligence if it were deliberate (I don't believe his explanation, he went off the racing line to hit him).

How kayo showing F1 in 4k but supercars aren't on the same track?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Talking about maybe putting Albon in Sargent's car because Williams don't have a spare chassis. Why the * would they not have brought one with them? Considering the next 2 races are in East Asia, it would be easier to ship the chassis from here to Japan than UK to Japan.

Things not looking good for Danny Ric. Still getting spanked by Tsunoda.

Meh. It is practice and he did his run a good 10 minutes before Yuki and the times were getting quicker as the session went on.

Such a shame.

View attachment 1935457

View attachment 1935458

View attachment 1935459

View attachment 1935462
As someone who was co-incidentally involved as a young lad at the very fringes of Adelaide hosting the F1 GP I think we got it at the very best time - the sport was spreading its wings internationally, local interest in F1 was skyrocketing after Alan Jones championship and Channel 9 taking feeds of races in the late and early hours and a relatively small city like Adelaide perfectly suited the event in terms of cost, track size and infrastructure support.

Those of us who got to see an Adelaide race, got to mingle with drivers and high profile F1 fans due to the intimacy of the event and its connection to the city (I stood next to George Harrison having a chat for over an hour early on a Saturday morning looking over car preparation in the pits -and my co worker got her photo taken sitting in Ayrton Senna's Lotus after the race, so take that) should savour their memories and thank those who made it happen in the SA Govt. They took a huge gamble and it worked.

But the reality is that the sport and the event has moved on in cost, scale and infrastructure requirements. Far beyond what Adelaide could afford to deliver on every level.

The Adelaide Grand Prix were special. Melbourne has proved the perfect venue to take the F1 experience to the next level ever since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back