F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the counter argument, apart from being against change in general ?

It's very much participation award territory.
Historical points totals are tarnished already moving from top 6 to 8 to 10.

10 is fine. It gives motivation for teams to push to improve and be regular points finishers.

It's great when someone like a Haas sneaks into 9th or 10th, look at Hulk/Kmag in Jeddah when Magnussen was playing mobile chicane for the team just so Hulk could get a point.

You won't have energy like that anymore when literally every driver is rewarded for getting to the finish line, which let's face it, with today's reliability is very very common anyway.

It's very much participation award territory.
Historical points totals are tarnished already moving from top 6 to 8 to 10.

10 is fine. It gives motivation for teams to push to improve and be regular points finishers.

It's great when someone like a Haas sneaks into 9th or 10th, look at Hulk/Kmag in Jeddah when Magnussen was playing mobile chicane for the team just so Hulk could get a point.

You won't have energy like that anymore when literally every driver is rewarded for getting to the finish line, which let's face it, with today's reliability is very very common anyway.
The opposite will happen. You think points are valuable now? Imagine if finishing 13th instead of 14th actually means something.

Will likely leave F1 without that podium.
Although people are saying he could be in Audi in 2026 if they want a German driver (really scraping the barrel for German drivers)

The reports were accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly, I think Hulk moving on might save KMag as he will be a solid veteran to have around while Ollie Bearman learns the ropes.
With Bottas & Zhou likely getting kicked out of Sauber, maybe Haas might look at one of them as a KMag replacement?

It appears likely that we'll see several new drivers in 2025 - Bearman (Haas), Antonelli (Mercedes), Lawson (RB). With 3 new drivers coming in, that means 3 old drivers going out. Logan Sergeant is almost certain to lose his seat.

That leaves 2 more drivers who will be left standing when the music stops, and all of the remaining seats are filled. At this time, the most obvious candidates are Ricciardo & KMag. It's becoming increasingly difficult to justify either of them holding onto their positions on the grid in 2025. Ricciardo still has time to turn it around, though I think that's unlikely. KMag's number is almost certainly up.

With Bottas & Zhou likely getting kicked out of Sauber, maybe Haas might look at one of them as a KMag replacement?

It appears likely that we'll see several new drivers in 2025 - Bearman (Haas), Antonelli (Mercedes), Lawson (RB). With 3 new drivers coming in, that means 3 old drivers going out. Logan Sergeant is almost certain to lose his seat.

That leaves 2 more drivers who will be left standing when the music stops, and all of the remaining seats are filled. At this time, the most obvious candidates are Ricciardo & KMag. It's becoming increasingly difficult to justify either of them holding onto their positions on the grid in 2025. Ricciardo still has time to turn it around, though I think that's unlikely. KMag's number is almost certainly up.
I agree with your logic but are Haas likely to replace KMag with Ricciardo or Bottas? I think it is more likely that KMag stays for now.

I agree with your logic but are Haas likely to replace KMag with Ricciardo or Bottas? I think it is more likely that KMag stays for now.
Bottas has plenty of experience, which is what they want.

... and (unlike Ricciardo) he's not completely washed up. Every chance Bottas lands there.

As for KMag... why bother?

Last edited:
Chat. Haas haven't said yet who will be taking Hulks seat.

The only confirmed moves so far are:
Hamilton -> Ferrari (Sainz out)
Hulkenberg -> Sauber

Everything else, so far, is speculation.
Was hoping Bearman would end up in a more competitive car but I guess at this stage it's just about getting on the grid and building from There.
Apparently one of the reasons Newey is leaving and is so pissed about the Horner thing is the woman was his PA as well.
Would like to see Newey take on a bigger challenge. Working with Vowels at Williams to restore them to where they should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back