F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely they appeal that. Absolutely laughable that what's little more than an administrative breach of the rules nets a harsher penalty than running into the back of someone because you weren't paying attention.

Riccardo didn’t retire immediately, but can’t remember if he was still on the track when 3-4 incidents with the safety car were noted. Perhaps Stroll or someone sooked to the stewards after he had to retire the car?

Surely they appeal that. Absolutely laughable that what's little more than an administrative breach of the rules nets a harsher penalty than running into the back of someone because you weren't paying attention.
It's only for the sprint race according to F1.com

notwithstanding his bad luck being caught up in the stroll/danny ric bingle, oscar hasn't shown the improvement many expected so far. i’m confident in his ability, just a bit disappointed.

notwithstanding his bad luck being caught up in the stroll/danny ric bingle, oscar hasn't shown the improvement many expected so far. i’m confident in his ability, just a bit disappointed.
He's done better with the management so far this season. China was a new track for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's done better with the management so far this season. China was a new track for him.

the so-called sperts were critical of his tyre management. i get that norris is the more experienced and better driver but the difference in their capacities is growing. second year nerves perhaps.

the so-called sperts were critical of his tyre management. i get that norris is the more experienced and better driver but the difference in their capacities is growing. second year nerves perhaps.
He's a second year driver who is performing better than his first year

Came up in commentary. What do we think about extending points down to 12th (or even further ?)

I can see the possible merit in it. Especially when you have a year like this where there is a clear gap between the Top 5 teams (10 drivers) and the rest. A lot of the close racing and battles are around the 12th to 15th place, which as of now have no real consequence or outcome in terms of the championship.

I'm for it. At this point there is really no point in having the bottom 5 teams out there. They are fighting for a point on the off chance one of the faster cars DNFs. Even Lewis was 19th at one point and was that much quicker he managed to come through the field and finish in the points. At least giving them something to fight for on a weekly basis gives the back marker cars a purpose for being there.

If they do add another team in the near future they really need to extend the points. 22 drivers fighting for a top 10 spot when week in week out realistically you will have maybe 12-13 drivers capable of fighting for a points finish just seems stupid to me.

I’d even be happy if every finisher got a point. You could scale it if you want so there is a decent leap from tenth to eleventh so that would still be a key aim, but it would give real value to the battle between the backmarkers each round.

At the moment for 3-4 teams it feels like their season depends on who is lucky enough that their good weekend falls on a race with a handful of retirements up ahead so they can pick up points. I think consistently finishing 12-13 should be rewarded more than finishing 17-18 but falling in to a random 5th place finish one weekend thanks to some late rain or a red flag massively compromising the result.

All for the points extension.
If they can extend it to a place where anyone on the grid has a realistic chance at a point i think that improves the spectacle.

12th -14th(ish) would be about right with the field possibly increasing to 22 in due course.

A couple of people on Reddit have said China are notorious for using chemicals and painting the grass green to look better for tourists so I wonder if that has gone on here.
They paint the grass at Albert Park as well, I feel like most tracks would paint the grass.

except, i don’t think that’s accurate.

i'm an oscar fan. but the records show he is not performing better than last year. and he said as much after the race before china in a mclaren piece with norris.
Are you comparing him to the back end of last year, or when he started?

If comparing both season starts, he's doing much better.
If comparing post Austria from last year, then any improvement has been marginal compared to the teammate benchmark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back