D4 Division 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 5

Masala to celebrate their first win this season albeit at Box Hill North's expense. There is plenty of endeavour in the boys from Dandenong North.
Elsternwick to go along their merry way. Yet to lose on their refurbished home.
St Johns host Sth. Melbourne on neutral ground. Will it make a difference? I don't think so. Expect another hotly contested match. Jocs, just.
Eley Park to get over Swinburne.

Last edited:

Little easier tipping this week with Swinny v Masala the one to watch.

Rd6:
SMD - too strong for LT (7 goals)
Elst - EZ win against depleted STJ
Masala - 5 goal winners on the road.
EP - too good at home (9goals)

Is it me or have Senior game umpiring standards dropped off massively this season?

Club umpires have been very good.

Wickers and SMD look a class above the rest. Given their match up was decided by a point, cant help but feel these two will be fighting it out come GF day

Wrapped to see Masala have a nice win also.

Good to see the Tigers get a win. Will be more spicy footy from them this season.
Masala to get a win over Swinburne.
South Melbourne to beat the boys from Bundoora this week.
I estimated St John's poorly. They lack depth & will struggle especially being relocated to Lois' reserve. Elsternwick to be too strong.
Still not convinced by the Sharks this season but they will win over Box Hill North this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the Tigers get a win. Will be more spicy footy from them this season.
Masala to get a win over Swinburne.
South Melbourne to beat the boys from Bundoora this week.
I estimated St John's poorly. They lack depth & will struggle especially being relocated to Lois' reserve. Elsternwick to be too strong.
Still not convinced by the Sharks this season but they will win over Box Hill North this week.

Good summary

Is it me or have Senior game umpiring standards dropped off massively this season?

Club umpires have been very good.
Having waited over a year to blow the whistle, one suspects a degree of built up desire to prosecute the games rules.
Fair to say some indecision has entered the equation?
Believe me, they're not in it for the money.

Buy 'em an aftermath beer & chat.
Ya learn heaps.

How far and fast can you run backwards?

Tips for Rd 6:
South Melb over La Trobe
Elsternwick over St Johns
Masala over Swinny
Eley Park over BH North

You do know the ladder and results are nothing to do with the VAFA don’t you? It’s a SportsTG/GameDay issue. The VAFA website pulls the data from SportsTG but if SportsTG doesn’t work properly and games/results aren’t up to date, the VAFA can’t just log in and fix it.
Sarcasm Nuts.
You do know fines were imposed for incorrect reporting?

Elsternwick FB page showing St Johns have forfeited tomorrow's reserves match. Pretty early in the season to be doing that, especially for a home game, although apparently many clubs already dealing with long injury lists after the covid year off football, bodies getting used to the strain and contact again.

Elsternwick FB page showing St Johns have forfeited tomorrow's reserves match. Pretty early in the season to be doing that, especially for a home game, although apparently many clubs already dealing with long injury lists after the covid year off football, bodies getting used to the strain and contact again.
That's two clubs before round 6. Might be a long year for some. :(

Eley Park again proving harder to pick than a broken nose.
Get on the beers Box Hill North.

Masala, get OFF the beers!. Too much celebrating I think.
I had you a bit stronger than yesterday's showing.
Time to add more spice to the mix.

St John's went A.W.O.L yesterday. Elsternwick came to play.

South districts would have been wary of the Students from Bundoora.
But soon got on top.

Scene set for a top two tussle next week.
Result won't be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back