Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia77

All Australian
May 16, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez m8. There are some really ignorant posts on forums but don't make a competition for the dumbest post ever.

2019 season -- 8 teams in division 3, 9 teams in division 4 = 17 teams.
Manningham and Aquinas go to D2, no teams from D1 come down = 15 teams.
Seems a genuine possibility StFX go to SFNL = 14 teams

Then we hope (pray), that all of those 14 teams stay afloat and field a seniors and reserves for the 2020 season. Which would leave either 7 teams in both divisions (no chance) or 1 division of 14 teams, where each team plays each other once, and a few teams twice (fixtured so that the higher ranked teams play each other twice i.e. same with lower ranked teams).

Doesn't seem all that far fetched and I'm sure the clubs that played in D3 this season would love to play more games after having 2 byes every week which was a debacle in itself..

So spare me your dumbest post ever forum crap.

Long time viewer of the VAFA, first time poster.

In terms of the current situation, and still being unsure of getting the season back on track, it would be interesting to see how the University teams are going to try and get teams together.

You would think if a number of the uni students would have gone home therefore making it hard to establish 2 teams?

Also, are many Div 4 teams back training? Or just waiting for announcements as to whether the season gets up?

Facebook pages for Box Hill North, Eley Park and LaTrobe would indicate they've all recommenced training this week.

It will be interesting to see if the other clubs get up in the next week or so.
Could be the most fair league this season with limited teams and limited rounds. Only thing that would be interesting is the potential influx of transfer coming in from Eastern and Northern leagues.

Fixture is out.

Does anyone else think it's silly to have two divisions (D3 & D4) with 8 teams in each? Some teams will play each other 3 times, seems a bit mickey mouse if you ask me.

Why not combine the divisions, 16 teams, each team plays each other once then a longer finals format to have the division finish at the same time as other, or perhaps a week earlier etc?

Makes more sense in my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts? (Have posted in D3 forum also)

Does anyone else think it's silly to have two divisions (D3 & D4) with 8 teams in each? Some teams will play each other 3 times, seems a bit mickey mouse if you ask me.

Why not combine the divisions, 16 teams, each team plays each other once then a longer finals format to have the division finish at the same time as other, or perhaps a week earlier etc?

Makes more sense in my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts? (Have posted in D3 forum also)

Current Format
A - 10 , B - 10, C - 10, D1 - 10, D2 - 10, D3 - 8, D4 - 8
66 total teams.

ALTERNATIVE 1
A - 10 , B - 10, C - 10, D1 - 12, D2 - 12, D3 - 12

ALTERNATIVE 2
A - 10 , B - 10, C - 10, D1 - 10, D2 - 10, D3 - 10, D4 - 6

I like Alternative 2 for D4. 15 Rounds + Top 4. Also a few more weeks off to let my aging body heal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first go at ladder prediction for D4
Eley Park
Wickers
SMD
LTU
BHN
St Johns
Masala
Swinburne

My first go at ladder prediction for D4
Eley Park
Wickers
SMD
LTU
BHN
St Johns
Masala
Swinburne

My prediction for D4, just guessing really.
Wickers
Eley Park
LTU
BHN
SMD
St Johns
Swinburne
Masala

I have a mate who plays for eley park was speaking to him yesterday they played Albert park yesterday and won by 5 goals

I wonder if it's a combination of Eley Park being strong this year or perhaps Albert park not being strong. regardless sounds like a great result for EP

I wonder if it's a combination of Eley Park being strong this year or perhaps Albert park not being strong. regardless sounds like a great result for EP
Said to me that they only had 9 senior players playing and that they’ve recruited pretty well

I'll have a crack at round 1 footy tips..
St Johns to get over the line against Masala in a close one - honestly havent heard too much out of the two camps so unsure about this one
Eley Park to knock off their neighbors in Box Hill Norf
South Melbourne to get the biccies against Wickers in what could be an early GF review!
La Trobe over Swimburne

Very exciting and some what surreal to have footy back after such a long hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back