D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is a wedding had a lot of AP players unavailable for senior football. therefore, either didn't play, or played twos.

Long time poster first time reader. Saw that a club refused to go up a division after earning promotion in div 3 last year - who were the cowards ??? Looks like they had one shot or opportunity to seize everything they ever wanted in a moment and let it slip rather than capture it. Hopefully some of these promoted Div 4 sides can put them to the sword so they realise their days of dominance are over.

Looking forward to following up in a few weeks. Can catch me at the keysborough hotel if need be.

BL

1714111518132.png

Last edited:
Long time poster first time reader. Saw that a club refused to go up a division after earning promotion in div 3 last year - who were the cowards ??? Looks like they had one shot or opportunity to seize everything they ever wanted in a moment and let it slip rather than capture it. Hopefully some of these promoted Div 4 sides can put them to the sword so they realise their days of dominance are over.

Looking forward to following up in a few weeks. Can catch me at the keysborough hotel if need be.

BL

View attachment 1971483
Very nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 3 and we have 3 cricket scores from 5 games.

Not a good sign as we know teams have depth issues in the middle of the year not the start.

Had Masala stayed (fielding 2 teams currently) they could have had all teams play once and split the top 6 and bottom 6 who then play random draws for remaining matches. Both sides then play finals based off final 4 or similar.

Had Masala stayed (fielding 2 teams currently) they could have had all teams play once and split the top 6 and bottom 6 who then play random draws for remaining matches. Both sides then play finals based off final 4 or similar.

Possibly - But Masala are in Thirds Div 3 North and Thirds Div 4 South.

1sts have copped a 100 point loss already and the 2's have given up scores of 134, 114, 69 and currently are looking at 200+ loss in round.

From an equalisation perspective I like the idea, unfortunately we may see more cricket scores kicked in the coming weeks.

Round 3 and we have 3 cricket scores from 5 games.

Not a good sign as we know teams have depth issues in the middle of the year not the start.
Have a look at C grade from yesterday GY.

Some similar score lines in that grade as division 3. We are three weeks in and a lot of teans still need to gel.

It’s not as dire or bad as you elude to.

Possibly - But Masala are in Thirds Div 3 North and Thirds Div 4 South.

1sts have copped a 100 point loss already and the 2's have given up scores of 134, 114, 69 and currently are looking at 200+ loss in round.

From an equalisation perspective I like the idea, unfortunately we may see more cricket scores kicked in the coming weeks.
Both Eley Park in previous seasons and Chadstone this year were in for some heavy losses. Both committed to rebuilding and fielding 2 sides.

If the lower 6 teams copped 2 maybe 3 beltings and were competing for the remainder of the season (against lower 5) its easier to retain blokes who look at the fixture and can circle another 6 or 7 drubbings in a standard division.

Masala have always been a weak club looking for an easy way out, many clubs have lost players and stayed in division football, or if they went to a thirds competition they didn’t have two sides. Shocking decision by a club who is scared to play actual football.

Have a look at C grade from yesterday GY.

Some similar score lines in that grade as division 3. We are three weeks in and a lot of teans still need to gel.

It’s not as dire or bad as you elude to.

I'll back myself in RFS - we had cricket scores every week in D3 last year and I fear we are heading that way again.

Who's running the fitness program down at Canterbury?

Coughed up another five-goal lead and I hear NB lost three of their boys before half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back