Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch stevens I think is next draft, played under 16’s power last season also a father son to Adelaide

He must be Mark's son.

Had a poor last few seasons of his career with injury after injury.

Great thread Davo

Who are the top KPF in this years draft and where do you have them ranked and or comparisons if anybody has time or can be bothered would be great.

Also Kevin Bartletts grandson Charlie Richardson where is he expected to be selected if at all

Who would be the better rebounding defenders this year?

And or outside wingers?

Can see the Eagles targeting one of each as they have loaded up in big bodied mids and KP talls the last two drafts.

Updated top 50 - April

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 181cm
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm
3. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
4. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm
5. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
6. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 192cm
7. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
8. Jonty Faull - GWV - 194cm
9. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
10. Josh Murphy - Murray - 190cm
11. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm
12. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
13. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 182cm
14. Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm
15. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm
16. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 180cm
17. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 182cm
18. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 193cm
19. Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
20. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 181cm
21. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 184cm
22. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 182cm
23. Benny Barrett - Sth Adel (Port NGA)- 174cm
24. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm
25. Sam Marshall - Sandringham (Bris A) - 185cm
26. Nash King - Calder - 181cm
27. Nathaniel Sulzberger - Sandringham/Tas - 184cm
28. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm
29. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm
30. Joe Harrison - Syd A 179cm
31. Kayle Gerryn - West Perth - 198cm
32. Otis Harvey - Swan Dist - 182cm
33. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
34. Lucas McInerney - Northern 180cm
35. Jack Whitlock - Murray 199cm
36. Joe Berry - Murray 180cm
37. Harvey Langford - Dandenong 190cm
38. Damon Hollow - Calder 180cm
39. Cooper Hynes - Dandenong 190cm
40. Jesse Dattoli - Northern 179cm
41. Lucca Grego - Western 184cm
42. Flynn Penry - GWV 201cm
43. Matt Whitlock - Murray 197cm
44. Kade Herbert - WWT 183cm
45. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo 185cm
46. Ned Atkinson - Sturt 180cm
47. Jacob Newton - Norwood 175cm
48. Louis Montgomery - Nth Adel (Port FS) 183cm
49. Malakai Champion - Subiaco 172cm
50. Austin Van Der Struyf - Claremont 178cm
davo who are the highly rated small/med defenders this year with pace and a good kick?

as for Gippsland i think theres a few players in draft contention

should get drafted: Xavier Lindsay and Max Stobie
potential to be drafted: Tom Hanily(msd), Ricky Mentha, Noah Christy, Asher Eastham, Mitch Stevens, Max Donahue

next year should get drafted: Willem Duursma, Zach O'Keefe, Jobe Scapin
potential for next year: Oliver Wilson (plus more when i ID them next year)

thats how i see it atm, things can change though...
He must be Mark's son.

Had a poor last few seasons of his career with injury after injury.
Yes marks son, Mitch was a superstar in my local area in all sorts of competition, then had an ACL reco and a few other injuries after coming back. This season is likely to be his first full one barring any injury for the first time in 2-3 years for memory. When coming back the last few years though has been one of the first picked in all local rep/talent league sides going to be a good player

Hey Davo, sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you think of the Saints father/son and academy prospects? Mainly what is your feel for Elwood Peckett and Adrian Cole?

Hey mate. Just wondering where you have Cody Anderson

i think he is a strong body and a useful player for Eastern and maybe VM, but im unsure if he gets drafted, he seems to me more of a state league player

Great thread Davo

Who are the top KPF in this years draft and where do you have them ranked and or comparisons if anybody has time or can be bothered would be great.

Also Kevin Bartletts grandson Charlie Richardson where is he expected to be selected if at all

Cheers, as for KPF's i like Jobe Shanahan a lot, Jack Whitlock has a lot of speed and good movement for a big man, Jonty Faull was good last season, hasnt played this season, but he is still strongly on the radar, Tyler Welsh if he grows a couple cms could be a strong KPF also, he has the strength for it and mainly plays that position, but at the AFL Adelaide already have a small kpf in Darcy Fogarty, Kayle Gerryn might be turned into a KPF/Ruck at 199cm, Thomas Sims and Gabriel Stumpf are interesting talls from Northern, you also have Harry Armstrong who has potential at Sandringham, not sure on KPFs coming out of WA this year yet

Charlie Richardson is a long way back, 3 games 2 goals so far in the CTL, not looking great for him atm.
Who would be the better rebounding defenders this year?

And or outside wingers?

Can see the Eagles targeting one of each as they have loaded up in big bodied mids and KP talls the last two drafts.
Travaglia is my favourite rebound defender, love how he plays for 3 years now, Taj Hotton is probably the best winger in the pool atm, Lindsay can run all day and play outside, Camporeale twins but they are going to Carlton are flankers/wingers with Ben having some midfield craft, Lucas McInerney is a quality winger for Northern, Austin Van Der Struyf is a very quick player from WA, his speed and attacking mindset is useful at the next level, Xavier Ivisic has dropped off a little over the last 3 years, but he is also a good outside type, Max Stobie could be an option rebounding out of defence

davo who are the highly rated small/med defenders this year with pace and a good kick?
i answered above, im not the best on kicking quality, i care more about decision making and hitting targets.

Hey Davo, sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you think of the Saints father/son and academy prospects? Mainly what is your feel for Elwood Peckett and Adrian Cole?
Elwood Peckett is one of Dandenongs best probably 4th in line behind Noah Mraz, Cooper Hynes and Harvey Langford, he has a chance to go late in the draft, he is tough and impactful, smart player, worth at least a rookie spot and trial, Adrian Cole is a solid player for Sandringham and i think in the leadership group, more a close checking defender than rebounder or interceptor, good spoil, could get drafted as a pure KPD shut down type late in the draft? unsure atm

Can I ask why you have Sam Lalor so low?

was one of VC best at the u16s, big bodied mid at 187cm, but has averaged 18 disposals in 12 games at CTL level with some up and down form, has not really stood out at the level yet, but obviously has talent and is in his 3rd year at CTL level, unfortunately is injured this year, so yet to see him in his draft year at his best, has somebody talked him up recently? i dont understand the hype? i have him at 33 which i think is fair...

Last edited:
Charlie Richardson is a long way back, 3 games 2 goals so far in the CTL, not looking great for him atm
Davo, refer back to my Oakleigh thread from last week. They were going like a busted Rd 1&2 and their forward line was getting so few opportunities. The amount of long dump bombs was ridiculous.
Charlie is particular had a really good bottom age year with Oakleigh and was one of the most productive forwards in the 17’s VM game last year. His game v Tassie was really good once Oakleigh got the stuff together. Was in the Metro Hub and Is trialling this weekend. Give him another chance, think you’ll be surprised

Hi Guys,
does anyone know if the academy game will be available on the AFL website this weekend ?
"Saturday’s match between Australia U18 and Coburg will be available to watch live and free on the AFL website."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Championships, Vic Teams, Rough Guess... (if fit)

Vic Metro
B: Luke Quaynor, Cooper Trembath, Thomas Wenzel
HB: Lucca Grego, Harry O'Farrell, Luke Trainor

C: Taj Hotton, Josh Smillie, Lucas McInerney
R: Iliro Smit, Levi Ashcroft, Christian Moraes

HF: Jesse Dattoli, Thomas Sims, Jagga Smith
F: Isaac Kako, Harry Armstrong, Jak Ryan

Backup Defs: Liam Callaghan, Lachy Dovaston, Blake Leidler, Adrian Cole, Lennox Hofmann
Backup Mids: Murphy Reid, Josh Dolan, Zak Johnson, Patrick Retschko, Doug Kerr, Damon Hollow, Nash King, Cody Anderson
Backup Forws: Gabriel Stumpf, Archie Ludowyke, Bailey McKenzie, Liam Farrar, Charlie Richardson?

Jayden Nguyen - missing?

Vic Country
B: Lachie Jaques, Zaydyn Lockwood, Tobie Travaglia
HB: Ben Hopkins, Noah Mraz, Max Stobie

C: Willem Duursma, Cooper Hynes, Xavier Lindsay
R: Flynn Penry, Finn O'Sullivan, Riley Onley

HF: Harvey Langford, Jack Whitlock, James Barrat
F: Joe Berry, Jonty Faull, Will McLachlan

Backup Defs: Max Donohue, Jobe Scapin, Matt Whitlock, Liam Kershaw, Reuben Bourke
Backup Mids: Tom Evans, Oliver Hannaford, (Joe Pike, Jordan Doherty, Zac Harding 1 of these to ruck), Cohen Paul, Xavier Ivisic
Backup Forws: Asher Eastham, Jack Ough, Cohen Ainsworth, Zac McInnes

Sam Lalor, Archer Day-Wicks and Rhys Unwin - inj or missing? the first 2 will play for sure if fit, Unwin depends on form, unsure if Nguyen is in favour with selectors for VM? idk who is injured and for how long, so Faull might still be out? ect

Last edited:
Championships, Vic Teams, Rough Guess... (if fit)

Vic Metro
B: Luke Quaynor, Cooper Trembath, Thomas Wenzel
HB: Lucca Grego, Harry O'Farrell, Luke Trainor

C: Taj Hotton, Josh Smillie, Lucas McInerney
R: Iliro Smit, Levi Ashcroft, Christian Moraes

HF: Jesse Dattoli, Thomas Sims, Jagga Smith
F: Isaac Kako, Harry Armstrong, Jak Ryan

Backup Defs: Liam Callaghan, Lachy Dovaston, Blake Leidler, Adrian Cole, Lennox Hofmann
Backup Mids: Murphy Reid, Josh Dolan, Zak Johnson, Patrick Retschko, Doug Kerr, Damon Hollow, Nash King, Cody Anderson
Backup Forws: Gabriel Stumpf, Archie Ludowyke, Bailey McKenzie, Liam Farrar, Charlie Richardson?

Jayden Nguyen - missing?

Vic Country
B: Lachie Jaques, Zaydyn Lockwood, Tobie Travaglia
HB: Ben Hopkins, Noah Mraz, Max Stobie

C: Willem Duursma, Cooper Hynes, Xavier Lindsay
R: Flynn Penry, Finn O'Sullivan, Riley Onley

HF: Harvey Langford, Jack Whitlock, James Barrat
F: Joe Berry, Jonty Faull, Will McLachlan

Backup Defs: Max Donohue, Jobe Scapin, Matt Whitlock, Liam Kershaw, Reuben Bourke
Backup Mids: Tom Evans, Oliver Hannaford, Joe Pike, Jordan Doherty, Zac Harding, Cohen Paul, Xavier Ivisic
Backup Forws: Asher Eastham, Jack Ough, Cohen Ainsworth, Zac McInnes

Sam Lalor, Archer Day-Wicks and Rhys Unwin - inj or missing? the first 2 will play for sure if fit, Unwin depends on form, unsure if Nguyen is in favour with selectors for VM? idk who is injured and for how long, so Faull might still be out? ect

Can you do an SA, WA and Allies one?

Hey everyone,

The 'From the Stands' Podcast has anther episode. This time it is South Adelaide's young gun Phoenix Hargrave. Take a listen here:

At the trials a few guys putting their hands up for selection at the champs that I didn't name. First Game Half Time...

VC
River Stevens
Oliver Warburton
Noah Hibbins-Hargreaves
Cohen Paul
Floyd Burmeister

VM
Bailey McKenzie
Keighton Matofi-Forbes
Zane Cochrane
Lucas Tovey

Last edited:
1st Game done VM Big winners

16 12 108
10 7. 67

Best not in order
VM - Dattoli, McInerney, Matofi-Forbes, Cochrane, Stumpf, McKenzie, Kerr, Retschko, Ludowyke, Tovey, Johnson

VC - McInnes, Warburton, Stevens, Duursma, Donahue, Higgins-Hargreaves, Scapin, Paul, Rongdit

Last edited:
Closer Result in the 2nd Game

VM Best not in order
Anderson, Kako, Ryan, Burton, Hollow, Wenzel, Richardson, Cole, Smit

VC Best not in order
Alger, Berry, McLachlan, Stobie, Harding, Onley, Lockwood, Barrat

Last edited:
How did the overages go today? Any of them putting their hand up for state selection or msd?
Will McLachlan impressed as a medium/small forward, kicked a bag, leading and marking on point, Iliro Smit looked good in the ruck and around the ground in marking contests, i think they were the best of the 19 yo's today, from the CTL theres more that are putting their hands up for MSD, Cooper Trembath KPD from Eastern has been very good and Dayton Uerata from Bendigo looks like a smooth moving midfielder, Max Mapley looks like an interesting Fwd/Ruck option from Tasmania, Ben Hopkins from Dandenong has his fans as an interceptor off half back, im not as sure on him, but he has some hype and could be worth a chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back