APS/AGS Football 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sending some thoughts to the boy concussed in the seconds game of Caulfield v Haileybury. I didn’t see the incident but from what I heard, it happened due to a knee to the back of the head. He stood up and fell down. Staff unable to move him without further medical advice. Not what you want to see at any game of footy. He got some good treatment from ambulance officers but still a very scary incident. Hope all goes well for him in recovery.

Bloody awful to see him lying there. Hopefully we get a positive report.

Might be a silly question but its my first year following the APS footy and I cant seem to find player lists for the teams anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

With regard to CGS v Haileybury, CGS lack a marking target up forward. Won enough in the middle but poor delivery and no target cost them. Haileybury were very impressive.
Then appears BGS are the most likely to give Haileybury a workout, given they seem to be well decked with quality forward (KB’s G/S) & back (Trainor) aside from strong mids (Ashcroft, etc).
BGS also managed to tinker with the APS fixture nicely, their bye matching the AFL Academy v Doggies match…
Key players away not impacting school footy, very handy.
BGS big favourite at home V unbeaten Wesley on Sat will tell plenty for both. While the Lions are far better than last season, rather tough ask.
May see BGS & Haileybury the pace setters, with a fairly even bunch of 3 or 4 fighting it out from there after some tight round 2 results…

Might be a silly question but its my first year following the APS footy and I cant seem to find player lists for the teams anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Unless you go to the games you can’t find them. It’s quite ridiculous.

I'm gonna check out the st kevins v caulfield game tomorrow.
That will be a good game. Look at CGS forwards and backs compared to their midfielder. They are really weak at either end but get by an an unbelievable midfield group

That will be a good game. Look at CGS forwards and backs compared to their midfielder. They are really weak at either end but get by an an unbelievable midfield group
Watch for StKevins co-captain Doug Kerr (Chargers). Good size 192 cm for a mid or no 3 down back. Getting solid looks both for school & CTL , with his stocks on the rise.

Unless you go to the games you can’t find them. It’s quite ridiculous.
Only hope is some schools load teams on their Insta feeds, otherwise it’s really only the leading lights get referenced in big footy or baseline footy chatter.

Caulfield come out on top by 10 goals.
Caulfield is either really good. But the forward and defence of st Kevin’s have room for improvement. Midfield too. They need more help in there.

Not sure of their names, but #4, #5 and #33 I noticed were pretty good for Caulfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Caulfield come out on top by 10 goals.
Caulfield is either really good. But the forward and defence of st Kevin’s have room for improvement. Midfield too. They need more help in there.

Not sure of their names, but #4, #5 and #33 I noticed were pretty good for Caulfield.

Caulfield got pumped by Haileybury last week. Still a mid-table game.

Oscar Cafiso, Nathan Sulzberger and Will Murray are your players. Cafiso is underage and Sulzberger is a Tassie kid tearing it up. Murry no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only hope is some schools load teams on their Insta feeds, otherwise it’s really only the leading lights get referenced in big footy or baseline footy chatter.
Is it possible to access statistics outside of Premier Data? Would love to look at some of the numbers.

Or is that a cult secret?

Caulfield got pumped by Haileybury last week. Still a mid-table game.

Oscar Cafiso, Nathan Sulzberger and Will Murray are your players. Cafiso is underage and Sulzberger is a Tassie kid tearing it up. Murry no idea.
Thought Kerr was solid. Did some nice things. But couldn't left foot snap from the boundary. It was a tight angle.
Had a really great intercept mark down back, wish I wasn't distracted, telling his school mates they had no forwardline, that I missed the mark lol Thats a lesson to me haha.

Some one sided results here

c7a36381f4b2e6079f4860095bed85ed.jpg

Is it possible to access statistics outside of Premier Data? Would love to look at some of the numbers.

Or is that a cult secret?
Premier Data only. The data they get is excellent but it’s not for public consumption. Schools and recruiters only

Things I noticed today

Bounce at centre bounce? ❌ Throwing the ball up
No mouthguards (same as CTL) ❌

I was disappointed in the atmosphere factor. There was a few students around me. But nobody from caulfield. I expected better given what was shown in round 1 v Xavier.

Might have to make the trek Scotch next week. Might be my only opportunity, given the games either clash with the pies VFL games, and then I'm flying to perth at the end of the month.

Things I noticed today

Bounce at centre bounce? ❌ Throwing the ball up
No mouthguards (same as CTL) ❌

I was disappointed in the atmosphere factor. There was a few students around me. But nobody from caulfield. I expected better given what was shown in round 1 v Xavier.

Might have to make the trek Scotch next week. Might be my only opportunity, given the games either clash with the pies VFL games, and then I'm flying to perth at the end of the month.
No mouthguards is concerning. Would have thought it was school policy to have them in given they're recommended by almost every professional medical body.

No mouthguards is concerning. Would have thought it was school policy to have them in given they're recommended by almost every professional medical body.
I think its a choice.
Its what Kerr told me when I noticed they didn't do it at oakleigh. Like, it was recommended, but not mandatory? Some boys choose not to.
Not sure the rules with APS.

I think its a choice.
Its what Kerr told me when I noticed they didn't do it at oakleigh. Like, it was recommended, but not mandatory? Some boys choose not to.
Not sure the rules with APS.
Yeah obviously a choice. They're not trendy until they are.

It's a dumb one if you ask me but I guess all of them can afford gold studs if something happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back