Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Trainor #4 New
Another strong performance from Trainor in the second of the Academy games although not quite at the BOG standard of game 1. He and his defensive cohort struggled at times with the size and marking power of the Footscray forwards, and his normally strong disposal was at times a little wayward.

Last edited:
Levi Ashcroft #4 New
Levi won the possession count again for the Academy in game two and was named best on ground for his performance. Matched up against the mature Footscray mids he was tough and strong in both the stoppages and general contested situations around the ground showing that he's more than just an outside accumulator.

Jagga Smith #4 New
Jagga followed up his solid performance in game one with an excellent outing here. Not overawed by the size of the more mature Footscray players, Jagga cracked in hard all game to win contests and provided some polish on the outside.

Sam Lalor #1 New
This was Sam's first game back after injury cost him the start of the season. He spent a lot of time on the bench, possibly on managed minutes, but he was involved enough to show his class and physicality. Lalor will certainly be one to watch as the season progresses.

Tom Gross #2 New
A look back at the first game of 2024 for the super consistent Tom Gross. In a game in which his team was largely beaten at stoppage and in contests around the ground, Gross was one of the few that put in a strong and consistent performance across the four quarters.

Cody Anderson #1 New
Even though it was ultimately a losing effort, this was possibly the most outstanding individual performance of the season so far in the talent league. Anderson willed his team back into the contest almost single handedly in the second half, dominating stoppage, laying bone crunching tackles and even chipping in with a couple of goals.

Ok, since your Cody Anderson post.....which caught my eye....he could be a WA product nearly such is his style, I've been thinking of a WA player in focus. I hoped to send you one per week but I'm not sending requests unless I'm convinced.

But now that Luke Cotellessa (SD) #11 has broken into the WA top 10, I think he's a good one from round 2 in the WAFL colts. He's been playing PSA since for Trinity. As you've read, posters are talking about him.

And I'd like to see some of the Vics give an assessment. He's causing a buzz here in WA and it is hoped/anticipated that he will be named in the WA 18's squad on Monday.

Ok, since your Cody Anderson post.....which caught my eye....he could be a WA product nearly such is his style, I've been thinking of a WA player in focus. I hoped to send you one per week but I'm not sending requests unless I'm convinced.

But now that Luke Cotellessa (SD) #11 has broken into the WA top 10, I think he's a good one from round 2 in the WAFL colts. He's been playing PSA since for Trinity. As you've read, posters are talking about him.

And I'd like to see some of the Vics give an assessment. He's causing a buzz here in WA and it is hoped/anticipated that he will be named in the WA 18's squad on Monday.
Sounds good. I'm finishing off Harry O'Farrell for my second video of the day, I'll have a look at Cotellessa tomorrow.

Thanks for all your hard work noobermensch :thumbsu:

Just a heads up for everyone enjoying this thread, I've added threadmarks to all posts that have included a video, and have sorted them alphabetically.

This should make it a lot easier for people to find videos of their favourite prospects throughout the year.

Let me know if you're having trouble navigating through the threadmarks, or have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks for all your hard work noobermensch :thumbsu:

Just a heads up for everyone enjoying this thread, I've added threadmarks to all posts that have included a video, and have sorted them alphabetically.

This should make it a lot easier for people to find videos of their favourite prospects throughout the year.

Let me know if you're having trouble navigating through the threadmarks, or have any questions or suggestions.
Thanks for you work Jeremias, I'm sure it'll make it much less messy and chaotic than last years thread.

O'Farrell confirmed his bona fides as a top tall defensive prospect in this game. Where other Academy defenders struggled with the amount of ball coming in and the more mature Coburg bodies, O'Farrell had the closing speed and aerial ability to compete at a high level. He also used the ball well by foot coming out of defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Cotellessa is a talented young mid from WA building his case as a draft fancy for 2024. His reaction speed and anticipation at stoppage allows him to get first hands on the footy, and his agility and first step gives him the space to get a clean disposal away. On the outside, Luke has strong foot skills and the poise to make excellent decisions with ball in hand.

Futbolista

Luke Cotellessa is a talented young mid from WA building his case as a draft fancy for 2024. His reaction speed and anticipation at stoppage allows him to get first hands on the footy, and his agility and first step gives him the space to get a clean disposal away. On the outside, Luke has strong foot skills and the poise to make excellent decisions with ball in hand.

Futbolista

Pure gold. I rate him - especially in a thin year for WA. What did you think mate.....honestly?

Pure gold. I rate him - especially in a thin year for WA. What did you think mate.....honestly?
My write up there was more or less what I thought. The downside stuff would be that I'd like to see him show a bit more defensive intensity at times and apply more pressure, but I think this is a major difference in general between the Colts and the Talent League. The grounds seem bigger over there, the weather is warmer which drains energy faster, so its more difficult to effectively implement a defensive game plan. Therefore there's more emphasis on ball movement. That's just my sense of it anyway.

The other thing I found a little strange was that Contellessa's zone seemed to be everywhere except for the forward line. He didnt attend any stoppages in the F50, unlike in the D50 where he was always there following the ball. To my eyes the game was crying out for someone with his class inside the F50 to provide a quality final ball or shot at goal.

My write up there was more or less what I thought. The downside stuff would be that I'd like to see him show a bit more defensive intensity at times and apply more pressure, but I think this is a major difference in general between the Colts and the Talent League. The grounds seem bigger over there, the weather is warmer which drains energy faster, so its more difficult to effectively implement a defensive game plan. Therefore there's more emphasis on ball movement. That's just my sense of it anyway.

The other thing I found a little strange was that Contellessa's zone seemed to be everywhere except for the forward line. He didnt attend any stoppages in the F50, unlike in the D50 where he was always there following the ball. To my eyes the game was crying out for someone with his class inside the F50 to provide a quality final ball or shot at goal.
yeah....good assessment mate

An excellent game from Zak Johnson as he propelled his Knights team to victory over the Lions Academy. Starting off in defense in a lackluster first half overall for the Knights, it was his move into his more customary mid/fwd role that kicked his team into gear as they gradually pulled ahead on the scoreboard. Zak was pivotal in a number of scoring chains as well as chipping in two goals of his own.

Finally Bo Allan (PT) #6 plays a game of colts in 2024. Sure he's done a good job at league level and even got in the best players for his defensive role against Subiaco.

But to see him play in the midfield on the stream I watched today was a genuine eye opener.

If there is another player his age around Australia in the 191-193cm range with his kind of power and breakaway speed, then a tip of the hat to that individual.

Finally Bo Allan (PT) #6 plays a game of colts in 2024. Sure he's done a good job at league level and even got in the best players for his defensive role against Subiaco.

But to see him play in the midfield on the stream I watched today was a genuine eye opener.

If there is another player his age around Australia in the 191-193cm range with his kind of power and breakaway speed, then a tip of the hat to that individual.
Nice one, I've been hoping for a good performance of his. I'll check it out, probably tomorrow. Its going to be a pretty slow week with the metro kids all playing APS.

Top WA draft prospect Bo Allan stepped back from playing senior WAFL into the Colts team this week and was given a chance to show what he can do. His power was simply too much to handle, and his direct attacking approach regularly set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Futbolista

Top WA draft prospect Bo Allan stepped back from playing senior WAFL into the Colts team this week and was given a chance to show what he can do. His power was simply too much to handle, and his direct attacking approach regularly set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Futbolista

Wow...he certainly has developed a lot. I thought he was going to be a defensive role player. He's far more than that now.

Once again, much appreciated mate.

Pure domination in this game from Josh Smillie - a performance worthy of a number one pick. He was unstoppable at stoppage racking up 12 clearances for the game, he applied strong defensive pressure when he didnt find it himself, he set up his teammates by hand and foot, and he even got forward to kick three majors of his own.

After this showing he's now clearly out front in the race to be pick one at the end of the year. Can anybody catch him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back