Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pure domination in this game from Josh Smillie - a performance worthy of a number one pick. He was unstoppable at stoppage racking up 12 clearances for the game, he applied strong defensive pressure when he didnt find it himself, he set up his teammates by hand and foot, and he even got forward to kick three majors of his own.

After this showing he's now clearly out front in the race to be pick one at the end of the year. Can anybody catch him?

Clean around stoppages. Similar to Cripps but this kid can kick the footy.

Pure domination in this game from Josh Smillie - a performance worthy of a number one pick. He was unstoppable at stoppage racking up 12 clearances for the game, he applied strong defensive pressure when he didnt find it himself, he set up his teammates by hand and foot, and he even got forward to kick three majors of his own.

After this showing he's now clearly out front in the race to be pick one at the end of the year. Can anybody catch him?

What a player! Imposing.

As I said on your youtube channel, from now on we play all state 18's championships matches on the wide open expanses of WA grounds. No more of these Vic/SA postage stamps. Haha!

Clean around stoppages. Similar to Cripps but this kid can kick the footy.

I think he's a better mover than Cripps.

Cripps obvious has 10kgs on him, but he's got a yard and agility that I don't think Cripps or even Green has.

In saying that, don't think he's as pure a contested beast as these two and hangs out as a first receiver like Bont tends to somtimes.

Bont obviously has this movement and agility and Bont is a better user than Smillie.

He's like a bit of a halfway point between Cripps/Green and Bont in terms of playing style and athleticism.

I think he's a better mover than Cripps.

Cripps obvious has 10kgs on him, but he's got a yard and agility that I don't think Cripps or even Green has.

In saying that, don't think he's as pure a contested beast as these two and hangs out as a first receiver like Bont tends to somtimes.

Bont obviously has this movement and agility and Bont is a better user than Smillie.

He's like a bit of a halfway point between Cripps/Green and Bont in terms of playing style and athleticism.
Yep Bont is a better user and better overhead than Smillie, but I think Smillie is quicker by a little. I'd love to see Smillie clunk a big pack mark but maybe that's just being greedy on my part.

Yep Bont is a better user and better overhead than Smillie, but I think Smillie is quicker by a little. I'd love to see Smillie clunk a big pack mark but maybe that's just being greedy on my part.

Will be interesting to see if Smillie tests at the end of the year.

Anything around that 3.00 second mark for the 20m for his size is seriously moving.

Based on the eye test and some of his ability to beat congestion, he probably has it in him.

His agility and lateral movement is probably the most impressive thing for his size.

Bont was 3.20 and Cripps 3.23.

Green was a 3.15 at state testing FWIW.

The dynamic and powerful Kako continues to impress in 2024. Once he got a couple of early fumbles out of his system his clean marking was a feature in this game, as well as his quick and decisive decision making. He kicked three goals and it could have been more if he'd nailed a couple of relatively straight forward chances late.

Its rare to see such a large discrepancy between and individual and team performance. In a game in which his Chargers team were belted by nearly 100 points, Jagga was unstoppable for most of the day, slicing through stoppages like a surgeon with a scalpel and setting up his team with opportunities they failed to capitalize on. The one criticism you could make is that he contributed to the lack of defensive pressure around the footy by Oakleigh, only laying one tackle for the game.

Cooper Hynes had a huge game for the Stingrays against the Suns Academy and took out the rookieme player of the week as a result. Cooper is a strong and bullocking mid/fwd who knows how to use his size and strength to gain advantage in marking contests and win contested footy.

Leo Lombard played a starring role for the GCS Academy as they went down to the fast finishing Stingrays. He was at his best early as the Suns built an early lead with Leo finding a stack of the footy on the spread, and then later on he did his best to stem the turning tide, winning the footy at stoppage and using his breakaway pace to slice through congestion.

New haircut but familiar game from Harvey Langford. His strength at stoppage helped his Stingrays team gradually gain ascendancy in that area and he was typically dangerous when swung forward where his goals were a part of a surge for his team in the third quarter.

With his twin brother Jack absent, Matt Whitlock was relocated from his usual key defensive post into the forward line and responded with a bag of five goals. Cal Twomey referenced this game on his show Gettable in suggesting that Matt is now in the top 10 conversation and the numbers do look impressive. A number of his goals did have an element of luck however, with a couple of free kicks as well as two over the back run in's to open goal. He was largely beaten in aerial duals, although he did manage to pull down some impressive marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Berry has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in this years talent league having registered four majors in three of his four games for the Bushrangers. He's giving Isaac Kako a run as best small forward in this years national draft, ticking all the boxes for a modern small forward. Nice size, quick off the mark, able to anticipate and crumb a ground ball at pace and adept overhead, not to mention a sharpshooter around goal.

One of the most impressive inside mid displays we've seen so far this season. Lindsay spent a decent amount of time in the forward line, but whenever he was in the midfield he had it on a string racking double digit clearances. His kicking wasnt always accurate, but he was attacking and direct pumping the ball inside 50 ten times.

I mostly keep it positive in this thread but I'm going to have my once per year whinge about the production quality of Talent League broadcasts. To be fair, there's been an improvement this season overall, but this Tas vs Dandenong game was a serious regression.

• camera operator starting each center bounce zoomed all the way out so the players look like ants and the viewer can't make out what's going on
  • camera operator dozing off so the action leaves the visible screen and then suddenly waking up and the camera jerks around trying to find the ball
  • not plugging in both audio channels so that you only get sound in one ear
  • forgetting to turn the sound back on to start the second half

I wonder if the camera operator is either an old man who's literally dozing half the time, or some young kid who's on his phone texting or browsing while filming?

----

Another strong inside mid performance from Langford. His team struggled to cope with the pressure being applied by Tassie, but Langford was able to win stoppages and find enough space to drive his team forward with his penetrating left foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back