Preview Changes v. Collingwood - Round 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Langdon for Baker. Melksham sub seeing as Goody doesn't seem to want to drop him

Langdon for Baker. Melksham sub seeing as Goody doesn't seem to want to drop him

I'd love to hear a reporter ask about Melksham and Goody's explanation of why he is best 22, genuinely fascinated

I think he was asked about it after the Lions win and Goody mumbled something about every player playing their roles 🤷‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could tell the reporter was basically asking ‘what the **** is he doing in the team’ and Goody just waffled about him having a good few weeks before the Lions game, had a down night but he’s ‘building’. Coaches box is having an outstanding year but Melkshams continued selection is mind boggling.

I'm now just resigned to the fact any player I feel should be dropped is just playing his role well enough and hitting his team KPIs set by the coaching team, that they won't be dropped and I'll just accept to remain annoyed about it.:think:

Pretty sure you have to isolate for 14 days once you get there in a "suitable place" which wouldn't include the SCG.
That’s only meant to be while restrictions are on in Victoria. But guess we’ll see, meant to be a NSW gov announcement tomorrow.

You could tell the reporter was basically asking ‘what the fu** is he doing in the team’ and Goody just waffled about him having a good few weeks before the Lions game, had a down night but he’s ‘building’. Coaches box is having an outstanding year but Melkshams continued selection is mind boggling.
Saturday morning on Crunch Time he was less generous. Can't remember what he said exactly, but there was definitely an acknowledgement that he had a down game, which you can effectively consider that as Goody saying he was trash.

I'm now just resigned to the fact any player I feel should be dropped is just playing his role well enough and hitting his team KPIs set by the coaching team, that they won't be dropped and I'll just accept to remain annoyed about it.:think:
****ing hard to tell when you can't get to a game live, stupid ****ing overly zoomed in TV coverage makes you miss so much of the ****ing game.

He must have some low kpis and expectations cause his forward pressure has been trash all year according to the stats LP posted a few weeks ago.

Or maybe he's just Goody lovechild like we all believe. 🙂

Saturday morning on Crunch Time he was less generous. Can't remember what he said exactly, but there was definitely an acknowledgement that he had a down game, which you can effectively consider that as Goody saying he was trash.
Yeah said he had a down game but his form had been good prior. Something like that. Realistically Melksham will struggle not to be for Langdon.

I remember getting nervous everytime he kicked the ball out of defence, was amazed when they swung him forward and it turns out he's an excellent shot on goal.
This is my recollection too.

I guess in a way forwards have the hard job in either finding space or winning it outright in a contest. But once won, their only job is to kick it between two stationary sticks.

Defenders with ball in hand are faced with choices, and risk looking like a dickhead because a wrong choice or a slight mis kick ends up in an oppo goal

This is my recollection too.

I guess in a way forwards have the hard job in either finding space or winning it outright in a contest. But once won, their only job is to kick it between two stationary sticks.

Defenders with ball in hand are faced with choices, and risk looking like a dickhead because a wrong choice or a slight mis kick ends up in an oppo goal
truth, and let's be fair, there are so many forwards who are horrible shots on goal, can't imagine how bad they'd look kicking out of defence under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must have some low kpis and expectations cause his forward pressure has been trash all year according to the stats LP posted a few weeks ago.

Or maybe he's just Goody lovechild like we all believe. 🙂
Prior to the Brisbane game, he did not lay a single tackle for the previous 3 games in a row. Really lost on what his actual role is.

Not one to use the term 'coaches pet' much at all, but to me he genuinely fits this bill. This goes back to being pox in the 2nd half of last year and even Goody making him captain for the game against North Melbourne last year ahead of Steven May.

On the podcast Gawn told a story about how we were playing Adelaide while Tmac was still in the backline. The umpire called play on and Tex Walker yelled out "Don't tackle him. Let him kick it!"

Quality sledge.

He also told the story of apparently Tex got fined for punching Gawn in the back of the head, Gawn ran past and said ya gonna punch me in the back of the head again ya dog and Tex replies "best 5 grand I ever spent" 😂

Even if Collingwood win they lose . Their fans quite rightly can ask where this has been all season . If they lose the players are saying **** you Buckley . Between them and Carltons woes it’s been a great season so far .

He also told the story of apparently Tex got fined for punching Gawn in the back of the head, Gawn ran past and said ya gonna punch me in the back of the head again ya dog and Tex replies "best 5 grand I ever spent" 😂
2 grand

I just got triggered for no reason. I need a holiday

Really feel like this is a game where we need to be absolutely ruthless. Whole week has been about Collingwood, in 2017 the Pies got themselves up because they knew they could ruin our party and keep us out of finals. Want us to have the same drive on Monday.

Really feel like this is a game where we need to be absolutely ruthless. Whole week has been about Collingwood, in 2017 the Pies got themselves up because they knew they could ruin our party and keep us out of finals. Want us to have the same drive on Monday.
jeez that was a horrible day, there was a collective air of MFCSS amongst our supporters that day, at the back of your mind you just knew we'd bottle it. In hindsight we were still a few years away from being a truly good side, but missing finals always sucks.

jeez that was a horrible day, there was a collective air of MFCSS amongst our supporters that day, at the back of your mind you just knew we'd bottle it. In hindsight we were still a few years away from being a truly good side, but missing finals always sucks.

One of my least favourite football weekends.

He's basically a real life Ned Flanders

Could imagine him walking out of the G that day and askng Dees supporters why the long face? Telling them to put on their favourite hat and they'll feel much better. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back