Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?… good fxckn god…

Matty wright needs to line up at the wall in front of the firing squad next to roo, kelly, vb and nicksy if thats really what he said..

This club is fxxkn pathetic.

I am now actually hoping like hell Curtin and his manager demand a trade to west coast at years end.. it is yet another necessary nail in the coffin these ********s need to be buried in.
This guys on the same page Bearded Clam

Got nothing to do with Depth
I have no faith in Daddy Doughnuts as a coach

Oh ok. I won’t speak on behalf of this board… but if you peruse the Matthew Nicks thread you’ll get a reasonable gauge on the supporters thoughts.
In comparison to Nicks, Ken’s record speaks for itself 👍 If Matt goes in with the same strategy and team selection, it will be a field day for him (Ken) this week. Or is it Carr now? Hard to keep track :p

Got nothing to do with Depth
I have no faith in Daddy Doughnuts as a coach
Why is it a problem when Carr is in the coaching box doing the coaching whilst Kenny is cheerleading from the bench?

I wish we had someone coaching from the coaching box for the Crows...

Last edited:
Quote from Wright on Murphy:

I think he's coming in. Hopefully it's for McHenry.

On Curtin, I think he is almost certain to come in if Smith is not fit. I think if Smith is fit it's more touch and go because they'd have to omit Hamill. Justified, but not clear if they will do it alongside other forced changes.
That is genuinely horrific from Wright. I've seen Murphy actually have very good games at SANFL level, that sure as hell wasn't one of those!

Why does anyone pay any attention to anything anyone associated with an AFL club says at a press conference?

It's ALWAYS just a version of "one week at a time."

They're just trying to say the most non committal, meaningless things possible.

You'll know if the club thinks Curtin is ready Thursday night.
It's a first year draftee that was clearly in the top 3 players on the ground, that deserves some sort of praise from a coach. And the fact he said Murphy was 'very impressive' is quite an alarming mindset from someone that works at the club. Nobody that watched that game would say Murphy was near the top 20 on the ground (which is evident with not being named in the bests).

The actual quotes don't seem as bad though:
"This week we played him up a bit higher and tried to get the ball in his hands, which he executed really well,” Wright said.

“His ability to intercept mark, his ability to run off, there are not too many big fellas that can take off the way that he does.”

Last edited:
Will Curtin play this week? (Poll)
Unlikely.

Should Curtin play this week?
Ahead of either/both Murphy or Smith?
Yes.

Please.
So should we play one of the best young talents who is healthy again off a huge possession game or the guy returning from injury who has low upside & half the number of possessions.

Does Nicks want to put the nail in his coffin?

We can’t lose, we lose Nicks loses, we win every Port supporter, official and Hinkley loses.

Port mate goes “we have injuries”. Funny that we’ve got more.

I actually think Crows will win this one

Yes, that’s my thought also. I didn’t want to suggest it, I know losing to Port is not a good thing ordinarily, but the silver lining is it keeps the heat on the coach. Particularly if he chooses to stick with this game plan and insane selections.

I would think Port should be able to cover a handful of injuries, I mean they have such a brilliant list after all (according to their supporters :)

Rozee is a loss, but they still have the other two. They won without SPP to start the season. And they have their ‘great’ new defenders who will cover Allir.

If you bring in Curtin (at least) and play the same positive attacking football you did against them last year, that would be great!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hoping Curtin debuts this week, brace for disappointment..

To make matters worse, Murphy will be in.
Showdown are scary, need all the "experience" we can get. Murphy and Smith are certainties with Murphy to get free kick after the siren, fake an injury and Rankine to kick the winning goal and win the Showdown medal.

If this is the case it shows the AFC settles for sub standard results and the people running the show need to go.
All that talk about space, structure and values, all the coaches are following it. Apparently, the "learning and values" s**t Nicks talks about, they believe Curtin (and the draftees, Dowling) etc, have a lot to learn..

Don't really understand it all, because while Murphy, McHenry, Hamill and Scholl may 'know' whatever this space/value thing is, they're just not good enough.

Very frustrating times

I'll never get why it is so easy for list cloggers to get a game but players with obvious talent have to waste away in the sanfl before getting a game.

The fact that mchenry and Murphy automatically get selected nearly every week sums up the AFC. We don't strive for elite standards.

Did people actually read the quotes from Wright? He was very complimentary of Curtin’s game and he was named our best.

Despite Murphy getting highlighted in the article, he’s then not listed in the bests.

There’s two lines on each player highlighted in otherwise a very shallow analysis of the game. I was worried as soon as Pedlar went down that Murphy was coming straight back in, but I try to keep hope that they actually saw the sanfl game (yes Nicksy, we do watch) and realise how bad he was.

Did people actually read the quotes from Wright? He was very complimentary of Curtin’s game and he was named our best.

Despite Murphy getting highlighted in the article, he’s then not listed in the bests.

There’s two lines on each player highlighted in otherwise a very shallow analysis of the game. I was worried as soon as Pedlar went down that Murphy was coming straight back in, but I try to keep hope that they actually saw the sanfl game (yes Nicksy, we do watch) and realise how bad he was.
I mean, re: the bests, it’s very possible the coaches see different to what the writers at the Addy see - or, even more likely, are still going to stick to certain selection policies

But I’m keen to hear what else Wright said about Curtin? Could muster up some hope for us that he’s at least in the frame

I mean, re: the bests, it’s very possible the coaches see different to what the writers at the Addy see - or, even more likely, are still going to stick to certain selection policies

But I’m keen to hear what else Wright said about Curtin? Could muster up some hope for us that he’s at least in the frame
Someone else posted recently that the AFC just contract that article out to someone for cheap that probably doesn’t even watch the game; they’re told what to type, basically.

The two sentences from Wright about Curtin are what I posted above. Of course he’s in the frame for selection, as much as we are doom and gloom on here, they aren’t ignoring someone that was nearly BOG.

Based on that article it would seem:
Butts for Borlase
Murphy for Pedlar
Curtin for Hamill
Ned or Sholl sub

Back