Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They've played 4 games... as I said above, he was BOG first game but has come back to the pack since. With Curtin starring and Schoey/Taylor both hitting strong form, he'll need better performances than today before he's getting a debut.
It’s gotta be deflating seeing your chance dwindle before your eyes.
Played well, players in the A’s deserving of being dropped and now players returning from injury have jumped you in the pecking order.

Injuries off

Luke Pedlar injured
Smith to be available
Sam Berry to be available

Rory Sloane (eye) TBC

Nick Murray (knee) 4-6 weeks

Riley Thilthorpe (knee) 2-3 months

Patrick Parnell (shoulder) season

Wayne Milera (knee) season

Sanfl showdown
F Gollant Burgess Dowling
Hf Clifford Murray Murphy
C J Boyle Edwards McHenry
Hb O'Leary Madgen Smith
B Ryan Butts Bond
R Strachan Taylor Schoenberg
I Gallagher Tahana H Boyle Smithson

Afl showdown
F Cook Himmelberg Fogarty
Hf Keays Walker Rankine
C Sholl Crouch Jones
Hb Curtin Keane Dawson
B Michalanney Borlase Worrell
R O'Brien Rachele Soligo
I Berry Hinge Nankervis Laird
S Hamill

Honestly if they play Murphy it would be such a kick in the guts to those in the SANFL. He was average today. 17 touches but they were nothing touches, there was 3 in piece of play that was stats padding. The guy has it easy, he gets to run around the ground without a player and still does * all.

He should have dominated today.

Curtin they won’t bring in even though he was the clear standout. There’s no chance he’s playing anywhere near the midfield. He’s not getting a game at half back. He’s going to be a third key defender for us and that’s an absolute waste of a pick 8.

Didn’t get to see the game, will Elliot get a game next week or we going back to burgess?

From an effort perspective was a top 5 career game by Elliot. And was productive. We have seen it before - and it was only North - but right up there with his best AFL games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Basically echoing what a few others have said, if Curtin doesn't play this week we may as well book his flight to west coast.

The media has to pressure the club. If the board had any bollocks they'd actually just tell Nick's he has to play.
He's played four games, after an injury interrupted pre season.

He's signed for the next two and a half years.

FFS, we can take a deep breath.

I was there, he’s clearly ready to play AFL.

The issue is finding a spot for him because at the moment there isn’t one based on where they see him playing and that’s on the coaches.

I don’t see that position opening up any time soon so how long before he gets frustrated? Contracts mean nothing in the AFL

yeah watch them treat Murphy like a gold-pass senior player who doesn't really need to establish any form prior to return from a layoff.
Oh it’s happening, guaranteed. He will be in for McHenry if Berry/Smith are fit, otherwise it’s for Pedlar.

If Berry and Smith are fit it will be:

McHenry out for Murphy
Berry for Pedlar
Smith for Hamill

Quote from Wright on Murphy:
“He is one who has played 100-odd games of AFL footy so he knows how to prepare and get himself to the start line,” Wright said

“He was one that provided a lot of energy for us, I thought he was really impressive today.”

Murphy finished with 14 disposals, seven marks, two clearances and three inside-50s.
I think he's coming in. Hopefully it's for McHenry.

On Curtin, I think he is almost certain to come in if Smith is not fit. I think if Smith is fit it's more touch and go because they'd have to omit Hamill. Justified, but not clear if they will do it alongside other forced changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote from Wright on Murphy:

I think he's coming in. Hopefully it's for McHenry.

On Curtin, I think he is almost certain to come in if Smith is not fit. I think if Smith is fit it's more touch and go because they'd have to omit Hamill. Justified, but not clear if they will do it alongside other forced changes.
Wright is lying and toeing the line to justify bringing in an experienced player back in after one game.

He was not impressive. It was blah game, a typical Murphy game.

Curtin is not coming in

Yeah not saying he was impressive. Think he was okay at best, and at a lower level at that. But I think they probably select him.

If Curtin doesn’t come in we are just taking the piss I’ll personally drive him back to Perth. Kids are debuting for top 8 sides getting half the numbers he is in the development funhouse that is the vfl.
Nicks may debut him next year if he still has a job at the club (which i doubt).

How many draftees have left us due to having to play too long in Sanfl? Given we apparently do that to all of our draftees?
Gunston is the only one I can think of over the years - and there were some extenuating circumstances there

Wright is lying and toeing the line to justify bringing in an experienced player back in after one game.

He was not impressive. It was blah game, a typical Murphy game.

Curtin is not coming in

A typical Murphy game is the issue though - they rate that highly. It’s impressive he has done the work and come straight back into form. Will be surprised if he isn’t picked.

North Adelaide made the most of its fast start to hold on for a 16-point win against Adelaide at Prospect Oval.
Booting five of the first six goals of the contest, the Roosters put enough space between themselves and the Crows to hold them at bay for the remainder of the afternoon.

Boasting a 38-point lead at the final change, the hosts conceded 5.2 while managing just 1.4 in the fourth quarter but the damage had already been done before quarter-time.

Experienced Roosters pair Harrison Wigg (35 disposals) and Campbell Combe (32 disposals) were creative with their left feet while also combining for 10 clearances.

Captain Alex Spina finished with 29 disposals while Harrison Magor and Sam Mayes were other key contributors with 27 possessions each for the hosts.

Inform North veteran Mitch Harvey booted three goals, together with exciting teammate Nigel Lockyer, while Karl Finlay chimed in with two majors.

Adelaide, jumped for the second week in succession in the opening term, was able to fight back hard in the last term before running out of time.

First round draft pick Daniel Curtain displayed his outstanding talent in multiple roles across the afternoon before finishing with 30 disposals, seven marks and a nice goal on the run after a give-and-go handball chain.

Crows midfielder Harry Schonberg continued to build on his return from an Achilles injury with 23 disposals while Jordan Butts returned from injury to have 16 disposals and seven marks.

Back