Preview Changes: R22 vs North Melbourne, Saturday August 13, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully sub not required so all 4 emergencies can play the 2nd game.
The sub can still play in the second game, even if activated. Schoenberg did earlier in the year.

Greenwood and Keath to players who left because the grass was greener...

Fast forward Greenwood has been mediocre since he left and Keath now appears to be Bevo's whipping boy

Grim viewing :smirk:

Liked his game the week before and we need to persist

If he can finish season well he’s fought thru his season well

He adds to our ball movement
Only reason I would’ve dropped him for Taylor is that he looked gassed last week. Not making quite as many contests as in the prior weeks, but still showed good signs

Needs a big pre-season, but is super beneficial to our offensive flow at his best

Fast forward Greenwood has been mediocre since he left and Keath now appears to be Bevo's whipping boy

Keath is a strange one as Bulldogs defence looks suspect without him.

Greenwood is cooked though.

Keath is a strange one as Bulldogs defence looks suspect without him.

Greenwood is cooked though.
I lost a lot of respect for Greenwood the way he ditched the suns last year...

Definitely suspect with Gardner and Cordy
Starting to think he'll be on the outer next year if they land Jones

I lost a lot of respect for Greenwood the way he ditched the suns last year...

Definitely suspect with Gardner and Cordy
Starting to think he'll be on the outer next year if they land Jones
Suns pushed him out first....

But he is cooked now.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

'Berg needs 2 more games to qualify for SANFL finals I believe, so wouldn't be him you'd think.
Playing Berg last week meant he can’t qualify for SANFL Finals. Similar story for Parnell (had to play 3 SANFL games after 30/6)*

I wonder if Crouch will be the medi-sub and we will focus on our eligible midfield in the SANFL (Pedlar, Taylor, Turner). Already Hately and Sholl are playing in the Twos but can’t qualify for finals.

* Yet some posters are still insisting that our AFL selections are designed to enable us to win the SANFL Flag 🙄.

You didn’t lose that when he ditched the nbl?
A bit harsh. NBL was semi professional back then. AFL a bettee option and he did play junior football.

He is one of the AFLs genuine good guys. Didn't want to leave us.

You didn’t lose that when he ditched the nbl?
I don't see an issue with it. People always get encouraged to try something "new" and if it fails he had something to fall back on. No different from you or i changing jobs to something that could freshen us up

I don't see an issue with it. People always get encouraged to try something "new" and if it fails he had something to fall back on. No different from you or i changing jobs to something that could freshen us up
I don’t have an issue with it, but I thought he quit mid contract, from memory his team wasn’t happy about it.
Just thought if you lost respect for him this time it may have happened then.

I don’t have an issue with it, but I thought he quit mid contract, from memory his team wasn’t happy about it.
Just thought if you lost respect for him this time it may have happened then.
But that was to play for us so completely different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry is very lucky to get another game on last week's effort, 13 disposals 5 clangers, 4 turnovers, 158 metres gained. I'd have given Taylor a taste or brought in Hately.
Had very low game time

8 possessions were contested, had six tackles

Feels like he’s having a lot of almost games, we need to back him in.

Greenwood left for financial security and length of deal. Crows could've kept him if they wanted, but he was excess to needs, so essentially was pushed out. Greenwood preferred to stay but a better deal was offered elsewhere. And Gold Coast delisted him first with the guarantee to recontract. It showed they didn't value him that highly and North snapped him up. They could've delisted a player that wasn't a regular starter like Atkins, but chose Greenwood. I'd be offended too.

Hope Cook is giving Sloane JHF's phone number so he can call him and check in on how he's "doing" and if he's "ok"

North we're in a lose lose situation anyway
1. He comes to Adelaide plays in front of family and friends Adelaide fans cheer when he gets it, North get hammered by Adelaide and all the Crows players get stuck into him like why waste time at North when you could play in front of this every 2nd week.

Or

2. Drop him because his form warrants it and deny him the opportunity to play in front of family and friends for the first time in his career where he'll watch North get hammered without him playing thereby pushing him out the door because he thinks he deserves better than this.

Will be a sad day if he ends up at Port, which lets be honest is the most likely out come

Hope Cook is giving Sloane JHF's phone number so he can call him and check in on how he's "doing" and if he's "ok"

North we're in a lose lose situation anyway
1. He comes to Adelaide plays in front of family and friends Adelaide fans cheer when he gets it, North get hammered by Adelaide and all the Crows players get stuck into him like why waste time at North when you could play in front of this every 2nd week.

Or

2. Drop him because his form warrants it and deny him the opportunity to play in front of family and friends for the first time in his career where he'll watch North get hammered without him playing thereby pushing him out the door because he thinks he deserves better than this.

Will be a sad day if he ends up at Port, which lets be honest is the most likely out come
I don’t think the crows will be disappointed with the lad they’re getting.

Just like Hawthorn in 2004.

Turn one club into a Powerhouse you are a good coach.

Do it twice you are a legend. Especially at the club you plated for.

Legacy building.

A little harsh if only deemed a “good” coach with 4 flags.

Not sure it’s going to be as easy this time. Why?

- assuming Kanagas, it’s a marginal club at best. No supporters, little $, crap facilities, working class club with the ethos of “Shinboner” the supposed point of difference. No decent player has wanted to go there for many years despite big offers. compare to inner city elite, corporate friendly, PYT Hawks attracting promising/established players year after year for unders
-hawks got lucky with priority pick Buddy - rule gone
- hawks offloaded lots of injured/ageing players like Hay, Rawlings etc for first rounders. The league has smarted up and these pops don’t exist anymore

Nice to see us trying out a team with Butts, Murray, Worrell and Doedee all selected. Hopefully we can give it a two week run and see how it goes ahead of next season.

Would have liked to see Taylor get a game over Shoenberg personally, but not a huge issue.

We need to find a role for both Worrell and Doedee in our best 22. I would prefer to use Worrell as the third tall defender and I believe the Dude has other strings to his bow.

I don't think it is such a big deal to run a defence that has three talls (Worrell being the third flexible tall), two mid and two smaller defenders and adjust times for each for the opposition.

So Butts, Bonecrusher, Worrell, Doedee, Hinge, Parnell and Jones and set them up depending on opposition forward lines.

Obviously, this means playing Dawson on a wing...which means he gets cold but hopefully, someone gives him a velour jacket to keep warm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back