Preview Changes: R10 vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 20, 1.40pm ACST @ Eureka Stadium (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am expecting Butts and Murray to play. That is the safe option for now.

In terms of going forward, we will only ever play one true KPD with Michalanney and Doedee (or similar player to Doedee if he goes).

Creates more spread having Michalanney defend (will be very capable agsinst big guys as he matures) and start attacks. He is quick in mind and action. With good skills to carry it out.

Also, it allows another small down the line, today Parnell. Overall, we play quicker.

Short term, and a want to win games now to play a Final in 2023 Murray/Butts duo and dropping a small will be the go.

Keays/Sloane preferably.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need to bring back Murray

Out: Keays
In: Murray

Slide Hinge up the ground and Murray down back. Keays sucks so he makes way

Not convinced that anyone that’s not already playing forward if the ball are capable of doing it. Hinge or Parnell I reckon could play wing, but I don’t think either them or Sholl/Jones can play forward.

Out: Sloane (rested)

Not sure how fit Fogarty is, spent a lot time wrestling today

Can’t see Sloane being rested. Last 2 weeks he’s had 5 and 6 to half time but then finished with 20 and 25. And he’s been playing more game time in the second halves, so doesn’t really suggest needing a rest.

Can’t see Sloane being rested. Last 2 weeks he’s had 5 and 6 to half time but then finished with 20 and 25. And he’s been playing more game time in the second halves, so doesn’t really suggest needing a rest.

Maybe he should be the sub then.
First half is too quick for him

Out: Parnell (switched to sub).

It's rather unlucky for Parnell, but when everyone plays well and there is a clear best 22 option coming back, it's the lad who came in that makes way. No different to dropping McHenry earlier this year.

He'll be back at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it were me I'd give Rachele a rest. Obviously need someone to go out for Murray. Rachele is again dropping away rapidly like he did last year. Club needs to recognise that he needs breaks in the season at this stage of his career.

Apart from that perhaps Michalanney. Doedee looks like he could do with a week off, but I dunno if he's got something hampering him or if that's just how he is now. Club should know though. Last possibility is maybe TT comes out for a rest with the sore knee.

Out: Parnell (switched to sub).

It's rather unlucky for Parnell, but when everyone plays well and there is a clear best 22 option coming back, it's the lad who came in that makes way. No different to dropping McHenry earlier this year.

He'll be back at some point.
Out parnell? You're taking the piss. Was one of our best.

Last edited:
Out parnell? You're taking the piss. Was one of our best.

So was McHenry when he got demoted to the sub - he even got coaches votes that week - and it's the exact same principle at play.

After all, no one deserves the axe and Murray is a walk up best 22 selection (and probably in our top 10 at the moment), so it falls onto the person who came into the best 22.

Going to be hard to drop anyone off that. But Murray comes straight back so...?

Dropping Keays? I cannot see it. Played well today, stopped a goal and his pass to Tex for his first was excellent. Parnell would be very stiff, but maybe dropped to the sub?

There might be an outside chance Laird is banged up. Also Rachele tbh could do with a bit of a gee up.

Going to be a tough selection decision

Dropping Keays? I cannot see it. Played well today, stopped a goal and his pass to Tex for his first was excellent. Parnell would be very stiff, but maybe dropped to the sub?

There might be an outside chance Laird is banged up. Also Rachele tbh could do with a bit of a gee up.

thought Rachele looked like he was moving well. Overall though, I don't think resting a forward helps us. Who from the midfield/backs can play well ahead of the ball.

Keays played well? Clearly watching a different game to me. Did a couple of long kicks but everything else he did was trash.

Just curious when have the current Crows selectors replaced a Defender for a Forward or replaced a Defender for a midfielder,

So If Murray returns then it is a defender who is going out,

So don't be surprised if Parnell drops out for Murray

Just curious when have the current Crows selectors replaced a Defender for a Forward or replaced a Defender for a midfielder,

So If Murray returns then it is a defender who is going out,

So don't be surprised if Parnell drops out for Murray
Dropping keays wouldn't hurt us at all.

I suppose jenny and mutineer enjoy keays getting done htb 10 times a match because of dogshit awareness. It's time to let it go guys. He doesn't have it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back