Preview Changes: R10 vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 20, 1.40pm ACST @ Eureka Stadium (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

thought Rachele looked like he was moving well. Overall though, I don't think resting a forward helps us. Who from the midfield/backs can play well ahead of the ball.
I don't think he needs a rest, I just think he needs a bit of a kick up the bum. Feel like his midfield work has not improved since the first couple rounds

Based on previous selections.
If they drop Keays then Mchenry plays, Forward for Forward
If Murray plays then it will be a defender going out, not a forward, last in first out, Parnell replaces Murray
Meh, murray can come in. Keays has been playing as a forward. Easily covered.

In: Murray
Out: Parnell (switched to sub).

It's rather unlucky for Parnell, but when everyone plays well and there is a clear best 22 option coming back, it's the lad who came in that makes way. No different to dropping McHenry earlier this year.

He'll be back at some point.
This

We typically run a last in, first out policy

This

We typically run a last in, first out policy

Yup. It's standard practice in AFL.

It might be different if Murray is a 17th-22nd player, or if Milera (who would be our last selected defender) had a poor game, but neither are in play here.

I don't think he needs a rest, I just think he needs a bit of a kick up the bum. Feel like his midfield work has not improved since the first couple rounds
People need to realise he was getting lapped in pre season running with the other mids

And he’s never played a full season since he was 15-16 yo

Doesn’t need a kick up bum as much as some good management

He’s going to be a great mid after more burgess summers

People need to realise he was getting lapped in pre season running with the other mids

And he’s never played a full season since he was 15-16 yo

Doesn’t need a kick up bum as much as some good management

He’s going to be a great mid after more burgess summers
Thought he and Soligo did a power of work in the off season and it was Taylor struggling

Tex has always had his way with us so hoping the introduction of Jones can quell him. Haven’t watched many Adelaide games- how has O’Brien been faring. Will be interesting to see how english goes after being dominated by Reilly in years past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have to take our best team into this game and I dont see a change. Our best 22 is what played against st kilda.

We have the opportunity to make a statement and push for finals. We should do that and not be cute with resting players.
Murray is in our best 22, it is a matter of who he replaces and/or who else has too many niggles and needs a rest.

Murray is in our best 22, it is a matter of who he replaces and/or who else has too many niggles and needs a rest.

Will he be ready? I would say he is 1 for 1 for Butts. But they have a tall forward line so could be a small. I wouldnt drop Max unless they felt he needed a rest. But the bye is coming up. Milera had an exceptional game and his strength in the contest is irreplaceable in defence and dropping Parnell after that game he had would be cruel.

Tex has always had his way with us so hoping the introduction of Jones can quell him. Haven’t watched many Adelaide games- how has O’Brien been faring. Will be interesting to see how english goes after being dominated by Reilly in years past
ROB having his best season since 2020, but English having a very good season too. Interesting matchup.

Did I land in some alternate universe where Keays played a bad game? 17 disposals, 4 (yes, 4) goal assists, 7 score involvements, a goal, 3 clearances and 4 inside 50s. Can anyone that thinks he played poorly please outline what part of his game was poor? I had not read his stats until now, but it was clear being at the game that he was involved in a lot of our scoring chains and his pressure was very good too.

Did I land in some alternate universe where Keays played a bad game? 17 disposals, 4 (yes, 4) goal assists, 7 score involvements, a goal, 3 clearances and 4 inside 50s. Can anyone that thinks he played poorly please outline what part of his game was poor? I had not read his stats until now, but it was clear being at the game that he was involved in a lot of our scoring chains and his pressure was very good too.
Thought he was pretty good, worked really hard defensively and impacted that way at times beyond the goal assists. Just wasn't in my top tier for the day but wouldn't be calling for him to be dropped, in fact no one deserves to be dropped after today.

Yup. It's standard practice in AFL.

It might be different if Murray is a 17th-22nd player, or if Milera (who would be our last selected defender) had a poor game, but neither are in play here.
I understand the system and "backing the boys in is fair enough.

However, there is another approach by selecting the best players to play against the specific oppo. JUH, Lobb and Naughton is a completely different requirement to todays mob. Based purely on nullifying these three, Butts, Murray and Worrell would be best suited to the roles. Add to this that English will drift forward at times too. We need height.

Lastly, I thought our defence looked so much better with the added speed, delivery and DARE of Parnell. In spite of his best game for ages, Milera is the weakest link down back. I'm not sure that Doedee, Smith and Milera all need to be together in defence. They're all pretty similar. With Murray (if fit) coming back in, chopping Paddy looks shortsighted.

I'd be happy with Ned (deserves a full game in the side) getting the nod over Keays but I don't believe we would dare.

Hard selection calls this week.

Need to bring back Murray

Out: Keays
In: Murray

Slide Hinge up the ground and Murray down back. Keays sucks so he makes way

Hinge won’t get out of defence for a while. His size and strength is very good down there - more likely Parnell or Milera moves up

Having said that Keays won’t be dropped - every chance Parnell the one to make way!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A case of all played well today but was in our bottom handful imo.

In
Muzz

Out:
That's a tough one. Probably will be Sholl or Parnell unless injuries or someone needs a rest. I would do Muzz for Sholl and move Hinge to wing.

Thought he was pretty good, worked really hard defensively and impacted that way at times beyond the goal assists. Just wasn't in my top tier for the day but wouldn't be calling for him to be dropped, in fact no one deserves to be dropped after today.
Was just calling out people that were saying he was the easy omission for Murray. Played that ‘connector’ role very well and applied good pressure like always.

He burned some opportunities and his goal only came about due to a Pedlar brainfart. I'm not calling for him to be dropped but something needs to be done about his wastefulness in front of goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back