Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton used to be good, and now he sucks, so hopefully because he was dropped he can go back to being good again. If he is not good again, put Jed in, because Jed has never been good but at least tries to be good.
Finlayson was good but then wasn’t, but then was a little bit good so bring him in.

Are you ok ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can we just put the mcentee experiment to bed. Play anyone else on the list ahead of him please.

Wasn’t he a combative midfield tackle machine at Sturt? Not sure why he’s been Richmond-David Rodan’d.

Apart from being a showdown, the other top teams play each other, so a win in this game is important to gain a bit of ladder separation or keep in touch with the top 4.

Still got absolute bugger all structure around the contest so will lose this. Game will be similar to the Freo, Collingwood, and St Kilda games, pressure around the ball and scores for the opposition on turnovers. Crows have a forwardline that kicks goals so will be a 30+ point loss.

Lol they are gonna play merkin cheese over Evans who is actually doing things.

I get niether cheese or evans are any good, but atleast Evans is justified on form. Mcentee at no stage of his career warranted selection on form in the 2s.

If it was on form Evans could of played this week after last weeks game.

Ken will pick cheese 100%.

The only real element I'm interested with this game is if the Crows will play hard, contested ball and if we wilt as a team.

They are an average skilled side but have that contested gameplan so we will be able to see where we are at. We didn't cut the mustard against a good, contested side, lets see how we fair against an average, contested side.

I am also keen on seeing Lachie Jones and Jase Burgoyne play well of the younger brigade.

Last edited:
The only real element I'm interested with this game is if the Crows will play hard, contested ball and if we wilt as a team.

They are a very good, skilled side but have that contested gameplan so we will be able to see where we are at. We didn't cut the mustard against a good, contested side, lets see how we fair against an average, contested side.

I am also keen on seeing Lachie Jones and Jase Burgoyne play well of the younger brigade.

No they aren’t, they’re are s**t, Essendon/St Kilda level.

It’s just we s**t the bed against them because our coach is a twat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been mentioned previously that Lachie should fill in for the injured SPP. I would also like Tommy C to be fitted in to te side to replace AA & Bergman to take that vacant half back flanker’ role. Findlayson to play a sort of a Westhoff role and Jed to be the sub.
I’m disappointed that most of the Port BF posters have allowed Kenny H to live in their head’s rent free. Let it go, it is what it is.
I don't know if you know the meaning of the words 'living in their head's rent free?' It seems to be the way that people don't really understand what their saying like someone tried the term 'whipping boy' recently and it was just out of context.

Bottom Ten Ken is a poor coach and people will talk and criticise him because he is a poor coaching and not much else. That's not rent free.

I am loathe to move Lachie Jones out of defence because I thought he had a good game against the Saints and and I feel it would be good to consolidate his form down back. I also remember him looking out of place in the forward line last year.

I have no issue with Bergman down back but he also played pretty well on the wing and he is a great luxury to have.

Finny back in, fair enough.

I don't know much of the form of Clurey but he's more on the outer for mine until I see otherwise.

Jed, well, Jedheads rejoice.

The changes that I would think about would be bringing in Finny for Aliir, Ananstasopoulos for Powell-Pepper and if Rozee is out, I would go with. well, I took a look and it's slim pickings. I guess put Mead up on the midfield list and grab the next best player available. The changes are a bit tough this week.

I know North Melbourne are no competition this year. However, the way the Crows played yesterday should concern us.

They set up for the intercept off opposition forward entries, then streamed forward to an open forward line in which the key forwards weren't tripping over each other. It is the exact type of style we cannot deal with because our coaches have no other strings to their bows.

If we are to win, it will be because a few of our better players step up and go into god-mode. Any such win will also be despite our system, not because of it.

I can see it already. We’ll win this and it’ll be sold to us a great, backs against the wall victory with no Rozee, Aliir, SPP, Soldo etc.

And all the happyclappers will buy it because the Crows whooped us twice last year, when in reality it should just be a regulatory win over a bottom 6 list.

The crows are a counterpunching team.
Flood back, force a turnover, then rebound forward into open space.
Ok defence, good forward line if tex fires. But they have killed us in ruck & clearances with Rob tapping it straight down crouch & co throats. Effectively giving them first use of the ball at almost every stoppage. nullifying our big advantage, which is a quality midfield.
Ruck & clearance will be critical
Close crouch/ Dawson down & they have nothing. Except some very favourable umpiring & couple of flashy tosser fwds
We really should smash them if we play half decent. Don’t get the negativity on here.

yellow cheese GIF

Went over to the crows board & the majority of their posters are even more negative than some of our chicken littles.

A team featuring Ned McHenry, Sholl, Smith, Keane, Berry & an assortment of other spuds shouldn’t be feared, they should be pitied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back