Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, can we please keep our mouths shut this time and focus on the task at hand this week?

All that “we hate them” crap last year was embarrassing and of course it backfired spectacularly on us, particularly Ryan Burton.

Keane and Berry would get games with us
Which of Aliir, Rat, BZT are you replacing with Keane? Which of Rozee, Butters, JHF, Wines, Drew are you replacing with Berry?

Ironically McHenry is probably the worst player on that list but he's also the one who'd be most likely to get a game with us because he'd be competing with McEntee.

Which of Aliir, Rat, BZT are you replacing with Keane? Which of Rozee, Butters, JHF, Wines, Drew are you replacing with Berry?

Ironically McHenry is probably the worst player on that list but he's also the one who'd be most likely to get a game with us because he'd be competing with McEntee.

I’d play Berry as a small forward ahead of McEntee and Keanes form is better than Rat imo

Oops I meant pooper pants Keays
One of my crows supporting mates loses his s**t & starts chucking stuff at the telly whenever he touches the ball
Glass jaw Keane has looked ok a couple of times I’ve seen him play

One of the silliest ideas that gets floated here is the idea that we don't have depth and that this is meant to be some type of criticism. Pretty much every team in the AFL has half a dozen relative spuds in their best 23. No team has depth. The entire talent pool lacks depth because there are way too many teams. Any team that gets injuries will be somewhat exposed. It's just the reality of the competition we play in.
It's how you do it though. I don't think we have any mature journeyman types on the list currently? Back in the early Hinkley era we had a guy like Paul Stewart as depth, a mature bodied experienced player in all areas of the oval. We had sandover medalist Kane Mitchell with fitness and pace to burn. We had Campbell Heath and Andrew Moore, etc.

Who's our Billy Frampton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see Anasta get a game
A genuinely fast nippy small forward could have a field day
I often watch Collingwoods Hill & he is really sh$t but his speed opens up so many opportunities
So many times when the ball goes over the back of the zone & a really speedy small can just run into an open goal
Don’t understand why we persist with mid paced small forwards
Rioli, dbj, spp, mcentee are all slow

I often watch Collingwoods Hill & he is really sh$t but his speed opens up so many opportunities
So many times when the ball goes over the back of the zone & a really speedy small can just run into an open goal
This. Charleson is damn quick too.

Did you just say bobby hill is s**t?

The crows are a counterpunching team.
Flood back, force a turnover, then rebound forward into open space.
Ok defence, good forward line if tex fires. But they have killed us in ruck & clearances with Rob tapping it straight down crouch & co throats. Effectively giving them first use of the ball at almost every stoppage. nullifying our big advantage, which is a quality midfield.
Ruck & clearance will be critical
Close crouch/ Dawson down & they have nothing. Except some very favourable umpiring & couple of flashy tosser fwds
We really should smash them if we play half decent. Don’t get the negativity on here.
The negativity on here stems from this club’s entrenched pattern of underperformance and structural failings in big games when the lights are brightest and the heat is hottest. It wears you down after a while and makes you cynical.

The Crows haven’t made finals in six years, and we still only have a 5-5 record against them over that period.

The negativity on here stems from this club’s entrenched pattern of underperformance and structural failings in big games when the lights are brightest and the heat is hottest. It wears you down after a while and makes you cynical.

The Crows haven’t made finals in six years, and we still only have a 5-5 record against them over that period.
You can certainly understand the negativity with old donuts in charge for all the reasons you outlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back